Let's talk about Rail Nation - Origin Journey

• The consumption depends on the number of active players in a city and the progress of the city compared to the time played.

As we have a lot of players on this server and the first levels were fast, the consumption is quite high now. There is a maximum of 30% that has been reached in some cities. The consumption will slow down a bit now for level 4 cities. Some cities managed it to become level 5, though. Keep pushing!

• The consumption depends on the number of active players in a city and the progress of the city compared to the time played.

As we have a lot of players on this server and the first levels were fast, the consumption is quite high now. There is a maximum of 30% that has been reached in some cities. The consumption will slow down a bit now for level 4 cities. Some cities managed it to become level 5, though. Keep pushing!

With your permission, Bruno, it's better to explain everyone this concept: 30% of consumption means (5.700*0.7)=4.020 but 5.700 is required level up (4.020) tons increased of 42%.

It's really too much for our actual resources (Rhinos). I'm sure we all can do better with more tractive force trains, later.

• When will an Origin Journy server be starting on the US domain?

The best OJ servers for US players are the international COM servers, as the primary language is English.

And if you missed the first one that started - a second server: COMM302 - Lake Constance will start at 15:00 UTC today 22nd of May!

I hope to see you there!

• With introducing the new goods there isn't thought well about the time they enter the game. We have now in our city 4 goods which all need grain and 3 needs cattle.

Very hard to get allocation and friendship settings. This is a real challenge :S

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• With introducing the new goods there isn't thought well about the time they enter the game. We have now in our city 4 goods which all need grain and 3 needs cattle.

Very hard to get allocation and friendship settings. This is a real challenge :S

That's easy compared to us :D

Salzburg at COM Black Forest (Leather, Dairy, Meat, Cheese):

4 assos need grain

4 assos need cattle

2 assos need dairy

:/:/

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: M1.201 Scandinavia :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: M19 Allstars Final :engine1: COM301 The Alps :engine1:

• Have you guys found the "Behind the scenes" video on youtube?

YouTube

After a looooong break (about 8 months) RN is presenting videos on youtube again. And different from the former ones this is not about technical stuff, creating engine graphics etc ... no, it's about the people who are proud and enthusiastic about their work ... we can see and listen to Christopher, Daniel, Bruno and Pia (and some more whose names stay hidden).

The camera guys did a great job of taking the scenes and portraits technicalle perfect, well composed. The audo engineer is great too, bringing all the voiced in an very pleasant way and mxing in the background music in a perfect level.

We get to know the persons, the humans behind RN, their motivation to present their home countries.

I like this new video, it is so much more human, so much more telling us, that the makers of RN really like their job, their project, their game. No former movie of RN gave this message to me. Until now I thought, Samisu is the only one, who can express his enthusiasm to us.

And no worries, they all talk (try to) English in the vid.

Beliebt sein ist eigentlich ganz einfach:

Man muss nur immer sagen, was die anderen hören wollen.

Leider liegt mir das so überhaupt nicht.

• I am enjoying the origin journey (Black Forest) … probably for exactly the reason that quite a few players left. I like that it is very much the same game but sufficiently different that you can't play a totally formulaic game. There are problems to be solved such as the fact that quite often the new RGs need the same supplies. Ofc if it wasn't one off we'd devise new formulas to cope with this … so I also like that it is a one off :)

• I am enjoying the origin journey (Black Forest) … probably for exactly the reason that quite a few players left. I like that it is very much the same game but sufficiently different that you can't play a totally formulaic game. There are problems to be solved such as the fact that quite often the new RGs need the same supplies. Ofc if it wasn't one off we'd devise new formulas to cope with this … so I also like that it is a one off :)

So happy to hear! If you ever wished for another themed round, would you change something and where would the map be located?

• I like the Origin too, the new goods give a new challenge. The use of the same supplies at the beginning wasn't really thought well. That caused a lot frictions and problems. Not always in a positive way. I caused more to leave the game as who liked it.

The lagging and flash issues are terrible. I'm afraid for the endgame and the stability of the game. It is almost impossible to sit someone, I got a reply that is was caused by a lot of people online at the same time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?