RN Employee Perks

• Please tell us what are the perks that RN employees such as moderators that play the rounds with us get? Also what RN employees can read the assoc forums? Are the moderators that play the game able to read the other associations forums?

• Please tell us what are the perks that RN employees such as moderators that play the rounds with us get? Also what RN employees can read the assoc forums? Are the moderators that play the game able to read the other associations forums?

Hi :)

Good questions!

The chat moderators are like any other player, and they will remind players of rules if/when needed. On a rare occasion chat moderators can ban a player from chat for a set time. They can only see the public chats and public discussions.

Chat moderators who play the game with you can't visit your association unless you invite them to be part of your association. The "perk" is they want to help out and we support the mods in that :)

I hope this answered to your questions, and if you have more to ask, I'm happy to answer!

• How much is their salary? Hourly pay?

Do they work from their house or in an office?

Chat moderators are volunteers, there is no salary, working hours or hourly pay or anything like that. They are players who want to help everyone else :)

Volunteers are not employees, so 'do they work from...' can't be answered.

• I'm not happy that moderators and community managers are allowed to play active on the same servers where they moderate and do support on. They are in the postition to give bans and not always that kind of decisions are made without prejudice. Game world and "work" don't combine. Be honest as crew member and don't play on those servers. Choose one where you are not doing your "job", there mods and CM's can play as a normal player without privlages.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• I'm not happy that moderators and community managers are allowed to play active on the same servers where they moderate and do support on. They are in the postition to give bans and not always that kind of decisions are made without prejudice. Game world and "work" don't combine. Be honest as crew member and don't play on those servers. Choose one where you are not doing your "job", there mods and CM's can play as a normal player without privlages.

I understand where you come from, but there is no way someone could abuse their role in the team or even be willing to do anything to break the trust. Plus, everything is documented.

You wouldn't tell a chef not to taste what she sends out of the kitchen. Same applies here, employees and some of the crew members are professionals and here to serve you. Volunteers are players who want to help everyone keep the chats clean for example, they are trained, honest and they are awesome.

When you see someone writing racist slurs in the chat, what do you do? You click on the name and report that comment to game support. ...unless chat moderator saw that comment first, made it clear to the player that those comments are against the rules and then fills the chat window with song lyrics or dots so that no one needs to see any hurtful comments. Chat moderators are like you, with the added option to document the rule breaking comments and making sure nothing like it is shown again.

If you ever have a feeling that someone has given a few minute or few hour chat ban for their personal gain, please be in contact with the Community Manager of your game world. For COM, US, M1(Nordic) and TR domains that is me :saint:

• You wouldn't tell a chef not to taste what she sends out of the kitchen. Same applies here, employees and some of the crew members are professionals and here to serve you. Volunteers are players who want to help everyone keep the chats clean for example, they are trained, honest and they are awesome.

Than the professionals shouldn't play at all. The volunteers shouldn't play also on the servers they volunteer for. That's not correct, and even worse if they lead an association in top ranks. That creates conflicts and friction between crew and players.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Why would anybody moderate a game that they are not part of?

I have moderated chats & forums on various games over the years, but only whilst logged in to the game myself. I wouldn't log in to a server just to moderate chat, I value my time higher than that.

• I am shocked by

- unpaid work.

- same as naike above, i agree that staff should not be a player like us, but again, if the company doesnt pay them for their work, of course they cant prohibit them from doing what they want and i have seen clear favoritism by these `awesome` (that is laughable) support staff who are in the server, always ignoring who they do not favorite, and immediately attending whatever wish by certain players, no matter how absurd it is.

sniffa, you are aware that in most companies this is a paid job like any other, yes?

• sniffa, you are aware that in most companies this is a paid job like any other, yes?

As someone who was a volunteer in another gaming company for 7 years, worked with volunteers in yet another gaming company, worked as a volunteer in a refugee camp and (indirectly) works with volunteers here, I can assure you that this is not accurate.

Using volunteers to do this kind of work is perfectly normal and is an industry standard. There are gaming companies with up to 10.000 volunteers and pretty much every gaming company has them. And not just gaming companies. Even Google has a small army of volunteers, Discord has them, Twitch has them, Reddit is basically run completely by volunteers etc etc.

Moderators are basically never paid and there are very few companies that could afford to pay them (at least in the gaming industry).

And there is really no need to be shocked about this. I was a volunteer myself, I invested easily more than 10.000 hours in my volunteer activities and I wasn't paid a single €. And I regret nothing, every minute of it was worth it and it changed my life for the better. Volunteers are not forced to work, they are people who WANT to do this kind of work, because they enjoy helping others, because they care about others, because they have fun doing it, because they are passionate about the things they are doing.
    I learned so much as a volunteer, I found so many friends, I got contacts in the gaming industry, I developed profesionally and personally and it was incredibly fun and satisfying. No job or unversity or training could have done the same for me. And I loved it. And I still do. Despite working in a regular job now I'm also still volunteering and I probably won't ever stop.

And there are thousands of stories like mine.
    My point here is: Volunteers don't work for "nothing", they work because they want to and they get rewarded for it with joy, the satisfaction of helping other people, friendship, meaning, experience, knowledge and more. And they can always stop. No one is forced to work.

i have seen clear favoritism by these `awesome` (that is laughable) support staff who are in the server, always ignoring who they do not favorite, and immediately attending whatever wish by certain players, no matter how absurd it is.

If you have any specific complaints and are able to back them up, please contact your regional Community Manager or Loeki (our Senior Community Manager). If they can't help you, they'll forward it to me. If there are volunteers who behave incorrectly, that is something that needs to be addressed. But it should be addressed properly (i.e. with the person that misbehaved) and not by badmouthing all those fantastic players who invest their free time just for the joy of helping others. They don't deserve that.

Found?DU5gLUo.png

• I'm a volunteer and i love to do it, but i also love to play and i have founded my assoc early at the start of the first nl01 so a long time ago far before i became a volunteer and as they suggested above i should give up to play the game or that i couldn't be a chair anymore that is even while i love to help and do what i can do for RN not worth and i think that more volunteers think like this, only be online to keep an eye on the chat and only do the mod work and not playing isn't worth it, we know that abuse will be punished and that i'm chair has no influence at all on the work i do as moderator on the game, we don't benefit from the fact i'm a mod. I just want to help other players and RN

• I am shocked by

- unpaid work.

- same as naike above, i agree that staff should not be a player like us, but again, if the company doesnt pay them for their work, of course they cant prohibit them from doing what they want and i have seen clear favoritism by these `awesome` (that is laughable) support staff who are in the server, always ignoring who they do not favorite, and immediately attending whatever wish by certain players, no matter how absurd it is.

sniffa, you are aware that in most companies this is a paid job like any other, yes?

I am a volunteer in many areas and have been throughout my life. As a teenager I did voluntary work at an old people's home and helped run school clubs. As an adult I have coached football & cricket for schools, cubs/scouts & local clubs etc.. As a paid match official i regularly refused to take my wages, preferring to see the money go towards the upkeep of the clubs. Unfortunately I cannot afford to be a full time volunteer but money is not the be-all that some make it out to be. When it comes to online gaming if it was a choice of playing or moderating I would always choose playing but if I can do both without compromising either then why not?

• I have been playing RN for a few years now and I noticed that the mods usually placed in the top 3. We were also told by a mod that will remain un-named that they DO get special perks while they play the game but wouldn't explain what. I expect they get free gold, mechanix, boosts, etc. I just would like to know what odds we are playing against. Its not fun playing when you know the game is "fixed" to some degree.

• I have now played in two different servers with mods that play. They do always finish 1st through 3rd position. I have also been told that they get perks. They would not say what. They did tell me the perks are how they can stay in the top of the standings

It's on you to do this:

If you have any specific complaints and are able to back them up, please contact your regional Community Manager or Loeki (our Senior Community Manager). If they can't help you, they'll forward it to me. If there are volunteers who behave incorrectly, that is something that needs to be addressed. But it should be addressed properly (i.e. with the person that misbehaved) and not by badmouthing all those fantastic players who invest their free time just for the joy of helping others. They don't deserve that.

And that's it.

Or you maybe think about, why these people are in top 5 on a regulary base.

- Maybe they got more time to play ? Activity is one of the basics to win game rounds.

- Maybe they just know, how to play the game ? Well, this could also be an answer to the question, why they are mods.

I think it's not fair to suggest to people that they are cheating. And they only win, because they are mods and get special perks.

I have been asked to become a moderator, too. There have never been perks or money a subject of our conversation and to be honest, I don't think, that RN management would agree with any perks or something. If you want to be a moderator, you have to do it, because it's your passion. Not for perks, not for money or anything else.

• I have been playing RN for a few years now and I noticed that the mods usually placed in the top 3. We were also told by a mod that will remain un-named that they DO get special perks while they play the game but wouldn't explain what. I expect they get free gold, mechanix, boosts, etc. I just would like to know what odds we are playing against. Its not fun playing when you know the game is "fixed" to some degree.

I suppose the "perks" are some gold, based on what I've seen on other online games. It's a fair way to "pay" them because it doesn't cost anything to the company, and they can play for free more easily (some gold is very convenient for + account, but also for the packs). Remaining free2play requires a lot of activity otherwise (and many competitions for gold)

The moderators playing on my servers usually aren't in the top 10. But I rank top1 without paying either, just due to my activity (it's very convenient to be able to connect anytime during the day to the game, even for 15sec every 15min to do every competition for example).

So a moderator, usually someone having some time to spare to participate actively in the community, would be someone having more time available than the average player. Doesn't surprise me then that they get ranked higher at the end. + they probably have played for a long time and know most of the little tricks.

• BTW...there is a comment that says its from me that I never wrote. I deleted it but it was this one:

"I have now played in two different servers with mods that play. They do always finish 1st through 3rd position. I have also been told that they get perks. They would not say what. They did tell me the perks are how they can stay in the top of the standings"

• BTW...there is a comment that says its from me that I never wrote. I deleted it but it was this one:

"I have now played in two different servers with mods that play. They do always finish 1st through 3rd position. I have also been told that they get perks. They would not say what. They did tell me the perks are how they can stay in the top of the standings"

Since there are no perks that get you to top position or keeps you there, it is also hard to imagine someone from the team would spread such misinformation.

If it was not your comment, then I suggest you change your password right away so no one can use your account without your permission. :thumbup: