Let's redesign the forum together!

• Hello friends of railways and railway business tycoons!

A special request, how about redesigning the forum or parts of the forum together? This is your forum after all :saint:

Here are some questions to get the brainstorming started!

• What do you find most useful here on forum, sections and topics you would definitely keep (guides, news and contests for example)?
    • What do you find the least useful and will never visit here on forum (Hall of Fame for example)?
    • Which sections would you change into something else (Time for Pioneers for example)?
    • Any new sections you would like to see, new thread areas for new topics and socializing?
    • If you were to redesign a new section (or the full forum) for the Rail Nation player community, how would it look like?
    • If anything was possible, how would you like to communicate with the other players and with the people behind the game (RN team) here on Forum?
    • What would make the forum more inviting and useful to you? Or do you find other tools more useful - why?

Participate in the discussion in this thread, add your ideas and feedback and invite your friends to participate as well. All valid ideas will be added to another thread with polls. After a long brainstorming and polling, we might see your idea well and alive here on forum one day!

Let the brainstorming begin and have fun!

• A built in translator would be very useful.

Some interesting discussions at the german forum, but people who dont speak German cannot participate.

Make the forum united, not separated by language.

Enough segregation already in real world.

If people could automatically understand what everyone else is saying, there would be much more participation.

I know many players who dont know english, german or russian (the most active forums) so they dont bother to even participate in the forum because their part of the forum (designated to their language) is dead.

The forum should unite players, so breaking language barrier is my opinion to achieve this.

• Ability to mark threads as "read" when checking the unread threads section. For example when you were making 50 threads on "guess the landmark", not everyone share the hype.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• tenho dificuldade de me comunicar com o forum para pedir orientação, o forun antigo era ótimo, voces vivem mechedo e cada ves fica pior.

eumbrem-se "time que esta ganhando não sê mexe" sei das boas intenções de voces quererem agradar ao usuário, mas cada um tem uma opinião diferente, portanto seria melhor voces deixar como estava.

ete é o jogo da minha vida, acompanho voces desde a implantação.

Detalhes= veja só, eu escrevi uma coisa e postaram diferente. ta uma porcaria

• tenho dificuldade de me comunicar com o forum para pedir orientação, o forun antigo era ótimo, voces vivem mechedo e cada ves fica pior.

eumbrem-se "time que esta ganhando não sê mexe" sei das boas intenções de voces quererem agradar ao usuário, mas cada um tem uma opinião diferente, portanto seria melhor voces deixar como estava.

ete é o jogo da minha vida, acompanho voces desde a implantação.

Detalhes= veja só, eu escrevi uma coisa e postaram diferente. ta uma porcaria

see? This example.

I have no idea what he is saying.

Anyone can understand him?

If the forum had a buildin translator we would instanstaneously understand what he says.

I think if he knew English he would have written in English since the original post is in English.

Now only people who can understand his language can immediately reply.

Others, if interested will copy and paste to Google translate, but who has time and willingness?

Let us unite/include everyone.

• Thank you for the comments and ideas so far! How about the structure of the forum for different topics?

You can find past discussions about automated translations here btw: Chat translator

Even if the topic there is about the in-game translator, same applies here. There is no such translation program that can guarantee that what others write will be translated the correct way. People are using local dialects, slang, typos, abbreviations, nuanced, figurative wordings, etc.

How I handle the translations: I click on the right mouse button and choose 'translate to English'. This will translate the whole page in English in front of you and works on Chrome at least, in seconds. Not perfect but gets the job done as long as I remember the translation might be wrong. If we offered a translation service as part of our forum, then it would need to be something players could trust - and I don't believe such option is available.

What if only most popular topics were translated, and we would have threads with the same topic in different languages? Or what other ways could there be to know what's happening and where?

• If you want to join a locale forum you can, nothing there to stop you, and plenty of online translators to help you following.

On the other hand, you have people like me that can't be bothered to follow other locales, if the forum was to become a tower of Babel I would probably be most annoyed.

Currently you can choose to follow other locales, your idea would impose your choice on me.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Google Translate

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Ability to mark threads as "read" when checking the unread threads section. For example when you were making 50 threads on "guess the landmark", not everyone share the hype.

Good idea.

What I did was to open the Event and Contest forum, mark the whole thing as read and then check unread threads.

I would be more interested in having the ability to "unfollow" a whole section so that it would never appear to begin with.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• I explained above already how you can mark single threads as read.

I would be more interested in having the ability to "unfollow" a whole section so that it would never appear to begin with.

The ability is already there. Click this button at the startpage of the forum:

• * I would like to see all the rubbish deleted to get some structure back its a real mess now.

* Easier switching between different selected languages or messages sorted by language. e.g. I follow three language parts of the forum and I see all messages mixed.

* A better tutorial part.

* Less non rail nation topics

* An unfollow button for chosen topics

* A max allowed characters in posts. Some like to write entire books.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Forums at this moment don't have much useful information. It's more a way for Travian to advertise "how awsome is the game". etc. Not very useful, or even better useless. I understand from Travian point of view, but these forums should help the community.

So information on how to play the game, which train are the best per era, which tactics give the best result, what do you need for that, what will happen when you don't.

And this even from a developer point of view, you know exactly the weaknesses and strengths, know exactly how the algorithms work, so some help here would be highly appreciated.

At this moment it's just finding out the wheel yourself..

• Far too complicated at the moment and need to have languages sorted- can never easily find anything or too much trouble to translate comments... so don't use very much.. "why should I want to go to forum" - well... RN posts should be International English with click to get other languages... PLAYER questions /comments/input should be in own language and RN should offer click to translate into Internation English. keep it simple!!

• I explained above already how you can mark single threads as read.

The ability is already there. Click this button at the startpage of the forum:

Never noticed it there, I was looking within forum sections, many thanks!

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Far too complicated at the moment and need to have languages sorted- can never easily find anything or too much trouble to translate comments... so don't use very much.. "why should I want to go to forum" - well... RN posts should be International English with click to get other languages... PLAYER questions /comments/input should be in own language and RN should offer click to translate into Internation English. keep it simple!!

Thank you for the feedback! Far too complicated, is it the languages or something else?

I hope you find this guide helpful: User Guide - Rail Nation Forum

The guide shows you how to pick only one language/community you want to visit here on forum, and you can set it so that only English posts are shown.

If you want to visit the German forum, pick 'Deutch' and then you can one-click translate the threads with right mouse button (Chrome at least)

• Okay, the weekend is over and here's what we have gathered so far:

1. Different languages can be hard to browse to those who have more than one forum community (language) activated. One click translation is possible for the whole page by using Chrome browser, and other browsers may offer the same option. You can also go to your account settings and pick just one community/language to follow and this will not be an issue anymore.

2. Forums do not offer much useful information, and should help the community more. For this we have Guides & Tutorials section where players share guides for beginners and experts, and you can also compare engines there. You can find more useful links here: List with fan sites and channels 2019 - The question still remains, how can we help the community more here on forum? (without spoiling the fun of finding and learning how the game works for yourself, or together with other players)

3. Have rubbish deleted and create a more structured Forum. Exactly the reason why this thread was created, what is rubbish (forum sections or topics) - change, remove or add? How could this forum be of more service if it was structured in another way? Scroll back to the first post in this thread if those questions would help us find answers?