Let's redesign the forum together!

• 2. Forums do not offer much useful information, and should help the community more. For this we have Guides & Tutorials section where players share guides for beginners and experts, and you can also compare engines there. You can find more useful links here: List with fan sites and channels 2019 - The question still remains, how can we help the community more here on forum? (without spoiling the fun of finding and learning how the game works for yourself, or together with other players)

Rather than relying on players to share guides it would be useful if there was also a certain amount of help pages from the game designers explaining aspects of the game not covered in Lucy's walk-through. Especially on the SoE aspect of the game where it differs from the east/west and classic.

For example:-

1. The landmark and the relationship with the city.

2. How the warehouse works.

3. How the harbour works differently from the warehouse, such as importing goods, twinning cities etc..

4. Explaining how industries, warehouses & harbours grow.
    5. The role of the Mayor, Council, President & Cabinet.

• I agree with Sniffa, there is not enough explanation from Travian. The input from players should be an addition, and not the guide book. The Lucy tasks don't explain and teach the game only show how in a very simple way. New players try to find help guides at the forum and I often hear it's hard or not found. I played more games with a forum and there was always a complete walktrough part.

I miss good explanations of the most important basics of the game, these are for all scenario's:

* Recalculation time

* Consumption

* Integration

* Majorities

* Occupancy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

The post was edited 1 time, last by naike ().

• Okay, I have one idea - far from finished and I could really need your help to develop it further!

Socializing on forum:

What if there was an area on forum where alliances and players from each game world could search for members, introduce their alliances, asking to join a city on server X, explaining the play style needed, search for sitters?

Does each game server need a common discussion thread that is saved here on forum, so that you could read about past rounds and events? All communication from a round is gone after the round, so could forum be used to save memories and achievements or other events from the rounds, thank you speeches of the winning player or association etc...?

Or, do you find the game already has all the necessary tools to socialize or make plans for the next round, and forum would not bring anything new to the table?

• i know it seems i am always the minority here with my thoughts, but if you wish to make a better product for your clientele, i would kindly advise starting by not ignoring questions and or requests for advice/help from them...

i asked a favor/help/advise regarding a medal error (errors forum) in a server several days ago and now wonder if i will get any response...

• i know it seems i am always the minority here with my thoughts, but if you wish to make a better product for your clientele, i would kindly advise starting by not ignoring questions and or requests for advice/help from them...

i asked a favor/help/advise regarding a medal error (errors forum) in a server several days ago and now wonder if i will get any response...

If you find in-game issues or bugs that affect your account, the best place to contact is game support. You can also use the Bugs and Errors section here on forum, especially if the bug is affecting more players and not just you. If an answer is missing, check the Bug Archive to see if you got your answer there, or start a new bug report thread. Please keep in mind that the forum is in no way a replacement for game support, even if you might find help here in some cases.

This thread on the other hand is all about the forum, rearranging the forum, what to cut away, what to add and what to change. Big ideas and small ideas, all ideas can lead to something we could all benefit from.

• I think for the socializing part there are better applications e.g discord. The majority of the players are already using this because the in-game communication channels are to unreliable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?