Fake players on JP01

• Since yesterday we are facing on above mentioned server massive invest of fake players on "our" factories. Why do I call them fak players? Hmm, there are a minimum of 15 players with no trains, I really mean zero trains and massive invest of 5-8 millions mainly on our factories. All fake players are new, no career stars at all. Meanwhile I have written the 5th report to support, but not a single reply from the support.

Fake player names like: [*removed by CM] just to name some of them. This list could be extended.

Any comment or means from japan support or general support?

*If you find players you suspect of breaking the rules, please send the list of names to game support (like you did). Let's not name accounts for breaking the rules here on public forum, as no one here can confirm if rules have actually been broken - and account related decisions will never be discussed on a public forum. The Japanese game support will help you and give you answers, and they are the people with access to JP servers.

• GI_Joe is my teammate

These multiple / fake accounts are being created with the sole purpose to disrupt the game.

Many teammates have contacted support at JP01 (japanese server) in more than 24 hours, but we are being ignored by the support staff who will not even reply and acknowledge our reports.

How can we solve this?

How to report efficiently all these fake accounts?

How to report an absence of support?

• Sadly this is a problem at all Rail Nation servers and other Travian games.

On NL01 there are also multi accounts, already reported and allowed by Travian.

It's all about numbers and money, multi accounts look good at total numbers and often the multi account players pay alot money to play. That honest players suffer because of faul play isn't important.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• In my opinion Travian should take action immediately. Who will be interested in playing games which are disrupted by fake players? NOBODY. What is the consequence? The number of players of Travian games will be reduced. Travian's income generated with advertising videos will be reduced. The name of Travian as a serious game developer will suffer from it.

So go ahead, Travian.

• Hello hello,

When you suspect someone of breaking the rules, the only option is to contact game support of your domain and report the accounts. Support can then check if there's anything there, should they forward the information or does everyone play according to the rules.

I'm unable to say why getting an answer would take longer or why someone is not getting an answer, but all tickets should still be answered through the support system.

Quote from game rules:

• 1.1. Every player is only allowed to possess and play one account per game world.

Game rules - Free browser-based online strategy game - Rail Nation

• Samisu,

general statements do not provide any help. Support has been contacted by many players. However, support does not take action. As a consequence we make this unacceptable behaviour of both fake players and support public in the forum.

• Sorry, but to quote rules does not fix the issue. And multi account playing is a known issue since years.

As long as I play RN, people ask about a final solution for this issue. And I remember several suggestions from the community. I'd prefer a kind of two way registration and logon.

Like steam authenticator or something. This should help. I don't think, that these players would buy 10 mobile phones....only to create soe multi accounts.

• How to report efficiently all these fake accounts?

How to report an absence of support?

To your 1st question: Send a list of names you suspect of breaking the rules to the support of your domain.

And to your 2nd question: If support does not answer or is not available, you can contact admin@railnation.DOMAIN, or any Community Manager here on forum to help guide you forward.

• So you are saying our only option is to contact a support who does not offer support?

It is not `someone is not getting an answer` ... this is a completely unacceptable way to handle an issue which is affecting 25 players.

`Support can check if there is anything there` ....

Anyone reading this can please log in the Japanese server, set home city in Dory (Northwest of the map, level 31 city) and see more than 20 new accounts created this weekend, level 1, no stars, no trains, massively investing ONLY in required goods factories, and also in factories of goods that supply the required goods factories.

• To your 1st question: Send a list of names you suspect of breaking the rules to the support of your domain.

And to your 2nd question: If support does not answer or is not available, you can contact admin@railnation.DOMAIN, or any Community Manager here on forum to help guide you forward.

GI_Joe (teammate who started this topic) sent a list of the accounts to support more than one day ago. No reply.

Actually, he has already sent the list FIVE times, because each time the factories grow/level up, new account are created.

And no acknowlegement from support.

I thought you were a staff / community manager of this game, Samisu.

• Samisu,

general statements do not provide any help. Support has been contacted by many players. However, support does not take action. As a consequence we make this unacceptable behaviour of both fake players and support public in the forum.

Sorry, but to quote rules does not fix the issue. And multi account playing is a known issue since years.

As long as I play RN, people ask about a final solution for this issue. And I remember several suggestions from the community. I'd prefer a kind of two way registration and logon.

Like steam authenticator or something. This should help. I don't think, that these players would bay 10 mobile phones....only to create soe multi accounts.

Excellent points, and I completely understand the frustration!

Still, I would appreciate if we did not list any account names here since I am not able to confirm if someone is breaking the rules or not. You wouldn't want your own account name to appear here followed by possibly false accusations, right?

Frustration with multi-accounts and the reaction time it takes for those to get banned and removed from the game - this is a very important topic, especially for those of us who take great pride in following the game rules. As mentioned above, you can contact the admin@railnation.DOMAIN or your closest Community Manager in private and ask for help getting your feedback forward.

• Samisu,

you are a community manager. You are aware of the problem. What are you doing with regard to this besides general remarks? Please let me know.

I am the Community Manager of COM/US/M1/TR game worlds, and unable to help with other domains except by guiding you forward. Japanese community has their own crew, just like PL, RU, DK, RO, etc... :)

All members of the staff can direct you to the right person (or email address). I can give you one address if you send me a private message (create conversation), or you could rather be in contact with the crew of the domain where you play.

• Samisu,

you wrote that we can contact ANY community manager. You did not mention any restrictions. You wrote some general remakrs. This means that the contact has been established. We expect action. So again, what are you doing with regard to our issue?

• Here are two tools that will help you:

1. Send me a private message here on forum (or any other CM) and I can tell you who to contact depending on what your message is about. This is one way for me to make sure your message gets to the right people and that you are heard.

2. Continue with this topic here on forum, share your experiences (without naming accounts), how you are affected by multi-accounts, how it affects your game experience and where would you like to see a change. This is another good way to make sure your thoughts and experiences are heard.

I know this does not solve anything here and now, but now you know the next steps we can take.

• I know this does not solve anything here and now, but now you know the next steps we can take.

Well, some things need time. But I'll replay:

Multi account playing is a known issue since years. I can't belive, that programing a two way authentification would be that difficult. 90% of the players have a mobile phone. So what...get your things done at RailNation....this is, what people asking for.

Samisu, don't get me wrong, I know, YOU are not the one, who can change anything. But I hope, you will forward this post to the right person...including the anger about the fact, that there has been done nothing against multi account playing on RN side....

• I've seen multi-accounts also, and they are rarely banned --> why ? because it is difficult to prove the multiple accounts are from one person only (usually, they are quite clever with their IPs, so that support cannot trace them back).

I've never seen fake accounts used to such an extent though, and I completely understand your frustration (I would be so pissed if I was in your place...). The only fake accounts I've seen being used are :

- farm accounts (used to get workers) --> this issue is the one I would like to get solved ASAP, but well...

- fake accounts for the mayor and president votes (those we managed to counter-act by asking for votes from any active player around, and after 30 people voting, the russian guy became bored and moved on to another city to finish his farming of career points).

But the situation you are exposing right now, fake accounts to disturb an entire city, is just crazy... And needs actions taken to prevent it from ever happening.

So, what would I like being done personally from RN ? >> we know it's difficult for you to prove anything, so maybe you should think of ways to make it harder to create accounts (such as what streitaxt proposed), instead of relying on the guys to make dumb mistakes and leave a trace.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server