Risk taking in Rail Nation

• 'An engine in train station is safe, but that is not what engines are built for.'

- Misquoted John A. Shedd

:engine1: Howdy hi,

I don't remember if we ever discussed risk taking in Rail Nation?

What are the risks you can take, and are you a risk taker? How did it go, was the risk worth it or did you learn what not to do the next round? Are there risks that make the game more fun? Should there be more opportunities and incentives for risk taking?

Come join this highly risky topic! ;)^^

• Okay, so less risks when it comes to other players, a way to minimize some risks while still giving everyone the same rights in the game.

If you were to design a completely new themed scenario like OJ, but with 'offensive measures' - how would they look like?

• In Europe scenario Mayor and/or President should be able to increase city consumption, as well as reduce it. Not to spoil the other person's gameas such, just to make it harder for a rogue player to spoil it for the majority.

Reducing consumption is already there, it's the support city feature that is available to the President and the cabinet and reduce consumption by 10%.

I'm very much against raising consumption, would be another incentive to hostile takeover.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Okay, so less risks when it comes to other players, a way to minimize some risks while still giving everyone the same rights in the game.

If you were to design a completely new themed scenario like OJ, but with 'offensive measures' - how would they look like?

Every 5 levels on the laboratory grants 1 attack and 1 defensive point. The points are capped at the level of the lab divided by 5 but regenerate fully every hour. So max 5 attack/5 def.

Any time you pick up tonnes from an industry, for example "munich north", you both enable yourself to attack players who have done the same during the last hour and open yourself up for being attacked by other haulers in that city the next hour.

If you attack someones train and they have an unused defensive point that hour, that defensive point is exausted and nothing happens to the train.

If their defensive points are exausted and you attack their trains it loses 25% health/maintenance. If it is a multislotter, for example 5 slots, that is divided down by the slots to 5%/attack.

Any number of players can attack the same player and wreck his/her trains down to a full stop.

If the player has a mechanic, the trains still loses the same amount of %, and is maintained at that level.

No limits to re-attacking the same player after the player in question have repaired his trains during the same hour.

Just free for all, kill em all. Period. Enough pandering to destructive players already.

This way an EG city for example with say 50 active players can even out the odds against a select few of the worst saboteurs.

The next mechanic I'd like to introduce is pointed WT attacks from associations.

Every association gets as many attacks as it has members.

If the aso marks an enemy player, that player gets + 60 seconds WT (not some % since this is equal to 0 when WT is 0) in all industries where they have majority. This makes it tough to keep spoiling industries too hard for a single player.

So an association with 25 members can point out 25 enemies that all get +60s in all of their industries.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• Hmm

Very interesting

We for sure need some new stuff into the game

I would like some random things to happens

1) Every Era is 14 days - in those 14 days somethings may happens max 3 times minimum 1 time - every Occasion should last one 1 day - E.g 24 hours of hauling LM (SoE) with minimum 90 % of asso will give a bonus next 24 hours of + 50

% - Same with city hauling, of course City hauling (Asso chosen City) will again pay of for next 24 h. Harbour/ WH - Maybe coorberate with another asso for 24 h (input pls) will give the both asso 24 benefit in the other asso RG of 100 % for 24 h.

All this to give the gameplay a more random output so people need to be more online and follow TEAM Call, it is all about Team work so all who can benefit that would be great - but maybe 9-10 Occasion could happens (i just mention 3) so all asso need to work harder and be smarter be online -be ready to shift focus for 24 h.

Cheers Rype

• Every 5 levels on the laboratory grants 1 attack and 1 defensive point. The points are capped at the level of the lab divided by 5 but regenerate fully every hour. So max 5 attack/5 def.

Any time you pick up tonnes from an industry, for example "munich north", you both enable yourself to attack players who have done the same during the last hour and open yourself up for being attacked by other haulers in that city the next hour.

If something like that will be implemented I will quit the game. I will start a first person shooter game or another war game if I want to attack someone.

I would like to play a server without any gold, really see how good the nr 1players are without the benefits of spending gold for everything. Plus account options free for everyone and for all the same opportunities.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• If you attack someones train and they have an unused defensive point that hour, that defensive point is exausted and nothing happens to the train.

If their defensive points are exausted and you attack their trains it loses 25% health/maintenance. If it is a multislotter, for example 5 slots, that is divided down by the slots to 5%/attack.

Any number of players can attack the same player and wreck his/her trains down to a full stop.

If the player has a mechanic, the trains still loses the same amount of %, and is maintained at that level.

No limits to re-attacking the same player after the player in question have repaired his trains during the same hour.

Sorry...but this is not WW II. This is a train and economic simulation. I think, the "fights" in RN are enough. Fight for majority, fight for worker...for president and governor. This is more than enough...don't you think so ?

What is this "risk"...the only risk, what would make sense, is to implement a kind of stock exchange. This is something, what depends on economic simualtions and train simulations.

• If it's about risk you take i think that a "small turbo" you can research in the lab.

Giving a time limited boost for your engine that will increase speed or acc while doing extra damage too, and a risk to break the engine > 0% and park in the city until you repear it.

Would be very fun for competition and city-competition, it should be very limited use too with slow reload.

Another idea would be to make a special research in the lab, for example for 100 research point you'll earn a special bonus for all your engines :

for example +1% reliability until the end of game or +1acc etc...

result have to be random and expensive enough to be balanced risk/gain that you have to think twice before doing it again

• If it's about risk you take i think that a "small turbo" you can research in the lab.

Giving a time limited boost for your engine that will increase speed or acc while doing extra damage too, and a risk to break the engine > 0% and park in the city until you repear it.

Would be very fun for competition and city-competition, it should be very limited use too with slow reload.

Ok, this kind of risk in fact looks like a very good idea. Could make competitions much more interesting.

Another idea would be to make a special research in the lab, for example for 100 research point you'll earn a special bonus for all your engines :

for example +1% reliability until the end of game or +1acc etc...

result have to be random and expensive enough to be balanced risk/gain that you have to think twice before doing it again

But no, this is the same like a association laboratory. This is something for "Pay-to-Win" and I don't think, that we need more pay-to-win options....

• I would like to play a server without any gold, really see how good the nr 1players are without the benefits of spending gold for everything. Plus account options free for everyone and for all the same opportunities.

You had a chance not long ago)))

There was a Birthday Festival, remember?)) No donations, everybody in equal conditions, 20K gold for every player)

• You had a chance not long ago)))

There was a Birthday Festival, remember?)) No donations, everybody in equal conditions, 20K gold for every player)

no this server wasn't equal chances for everybody. To play this server you had to buy gold worth of 32 euro's to enter.

Not everybody can spend that amount of money or want to spend that kind of money

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• no this server wasn't equal chances for everybody. To play this server you had to buy gold worth of 32 euro's to enter.

Not everybody can spend that amount of money or want to spend that kind of money

well, contrary to you, i enjoy paying for my hobbies, and 32 euro is not expensive.

actually, i think everyone should have to pay to enter any server.

maybe there could be more expensive servers and more cheap servers, but everything should have a price.

i guarantee that charging an admission ticket to enter any server would really REALLY decrease the fake player accounts.

maybe leave only one server that charges nothing to enter, for the stingy, cheap players who do not mind the fake/multiple accounts.