Hire and fire of workers

• Good morning, afternoon, evening or whatever your timezone is... :)

Well, all associations like to get workers.

And it makes absolutely sense, to hire them. More profit, less waiting time, less building cost and much other benefits.

But some associations, especially the very big ones, do a "hire and fire". They don't really need the actuall workers, but they hire them, just because they don't want, that another associations will get him. As soon they got him/her, he/she will be fired.

Ok, you can see this as a kind of "tactics", but....no. No, this is not the way it should be.

Why ?

Well, there is a really big reason, why.

A lot of this workers can be hired, because the association use a lot of gold. This means, the association uses the pay-to-win principle in its worst possible way. It makes a difference, if you buy gold to get a benefit, like more money, or to hind your neighbour, like hire the worker to avoid he will be hired from another association, even you don't need him/her. Ok, on the other hand, to hind your neighbour will be your benefit, too....but is it really needed, that we act this way ?? Wouldn't it be much better to kill this hire and fire option ?

My suggestion is simple:

You have a worker, you have to use it all 24 hours. So you have to think about, what will be, and what will be the best worker for next 24 hours. I think, an association, what is able to win a game round, should be able to make a plan, what worker is really needed. Just to buy some free tickets, win some money with them and spend all this money into every worker, no matter what it's benefit, is nothing, what should put your association to the top of the ranking. Think about benefits, make a plan, this should be the things, what count.

Well, maybe, if RN would realise this suggestion, some workers will get more expensive. Yes, maybe they will. But ok....is the worker for reduced building cost out of reach, maybe the worker for higher revenue for some goods will be cheaper...and there is a higher chance to get him, because the other association couldn't do anything...all slots are full.

And this is, how it should be.

Regards

Uwe

• As a player: no... just no.

Mayyyybe 12 hours, but not the full 24 hours.

Some associations have members who think a worker is great, but don't look ahead for better workers to be auctioned off.

So they end up buying a worker when (V)P is off that the (vice)president cannot fire because of this.

And you can't have only the (vice)president hiring workers, that would kill their own game.

As a mod: I would like to thank you for your feedback. I'm looking forward to a healthy discussion about this suggestion.

• Some associations have members who think a worker is great, but don't look ahead for better workers to be auctioned off.

Well....this is no argument at all.

Once someone hired a bad worker, he or she will learn from this mistake. And this is, what it should be. Sometimes sh*** happens. Learn do deal with it, and with all consequences.

You are the captain of the boat and your team mate hired a wrong worker ? Ok, write a message and explain, whiy this worker is bad for next 24 hours and deal with it. Shure, mistakes like this are affecting the whole association. But this is, what a association is. We do things together, the good ones and the bad ones. And if a member does a mistake...ok, we are strong and we will find a way to fix it.

Well...it's not a big deal to put a note into association forum, what worker should be next and what worker is totaly out. You can see the next 3 workers...thats 6 hours and more. This shoulfd be enough time for every member to read the message and do, what the captain is asking you for.

• you will kill everyones game with this talk.

so for example, many teammates have cities they have ready to connect, so we hire the city connection worker, but we will fire him after everyone connected all the cities they had ready. Would not take more than 1 hour.

According to you, we will have to waste one worker space for 24 hours??

You want a worker, you give better money for him than your competitors.

If the association wants the worker for 1 minute, 10 minutes, one hour, or because they give big money, they can keep renewing the same worker for 5 days, is none of your concern.

Want the worker? Give big money to him, this is all there is to it.

• A worker should be for 24 hours...that's it. If you need him only one minute...not the problem of all other associations. Here is exactly the point to use your brain and where you have to compare the worth of a free slot and the actual worker. USE YOUR HEAD. Not only gold.

Hire and fire just to hind other playeres...THIS IS a problem for other associations. And don't get me wrong..NO ONE hires a worker for 35 Million and really USE him ten minutes or less. Because this means, ALL players of an association have to be online exactly within this minute or this ten minutes. Come on...are you kidding me ??

As long player can get money for gold, as long this hire and fire tactic is not acceptable.

Want the worker? Give big money to him, this is all there is to it.

(Edited by Moderator)

• So you're saying that the whole association should have to pay for one bad decision, just to make sure nobody can just hire a worker for spite and fire them right after.....

• I understand the point of both, but there must be a middle way, let's say you can fire for max an amount of workers in a week, so you can't fire worker after worker.

I think that most associations fire sometimes a worker, when a worker is almost ended and there comes a new good worker, you can't see that far which workers are coming. Or special in the beginning when you have to bid on a worker from Lucy and you get a worker you don't want to have.

• I understand the point of both, but there must be a middle way, let's say you can fire for max an amount of workers in a week, so you can't fire worker after worker.

I think that most associations fire sometimes a worker, when a worker is almost ended and there comes a new good worker, you can't see that far which workers are coming. Or special in the beginning when you have to bid on a worker from Lucy and you get a worker you don't want to have

A fixed amount per inteval is really not done. The hiring and the firing of the workers is good. No limit no restrictions.

But some associations, especially the very big ones, do a "hire and fire". They don't really need the actuall workers, but they hire them, just because they don't want, that another associations will get him. As soon they got him/her, he/she will be fired.

We can buy a worker now, I can't see what the future brings with workers. You can see 5 workers ahead, 10 hours. Twelve hours after buying a worker a better one comes up for the asso. Yes I will fire that worker to be able to get that better worker. Sometime you can buy a worker for 10K, I will do that too and again when a better one comes I will fire again that cheap worker. This has nothing to do that I don't want it that my competitor asso's will buy them.

A lot of this workers can be hired, because the association use a lot of gold. This means, the association uses the pay-to-win principle in its worst possible way. It makes a difference, if you buy gold to get a benefit, like more money, or to hind your neighbour, like hire the worker to avoid he will be hired from another association, even you don't need him/her. Ok, on the other hand, to hind your neighbour will be your benefit, too....but is it really needed, that we act this way ?? Wouldn't it be much better to kill this hire and fire option ?

A worker can't be hired with gold, if I understand you correct what you mean by this. You only can buy a worker slot with gold if not all three are unlocked.

The workers come every two hours, plenty of opportunities to hire one. If you want a worker make sure your bid is high enough to get it. With the associations I play in we pay sometimes 200 mil or more for a worker if we want to have that one.

Also the workers are divided in groups. Not all asso's bid on the same workers, that depends on the prestige the asso has earned. I don't know exactly the prestige numbers for the groups. I believe there are 3 groups so 36 workers every 24 hours are on sale.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• not acceptable?? hahahahahaha

1st. having gold is part of the game. Not acceptable is doing things against the rules or cheating. Everything else is acceptable.

2nd. you cannot win a worker with gold. do you really know this game? To try to win the worker your asso needs to give money to him. Workers everyone wants such as Lincon, Voltaire, Amudsen, Boulton etc.... cost more money. The asso which more teammates are active and give big money to the worker, win the worker. If they fire him next minute, it is not your business! Next time, have your asso also giving big money and maybe you will win.

3rd. If by gold you are referring to unlock the worker space, this is the price weaker assos pay. If your asso has a lot of teammates, this is not necessary because all three spaces are available since the beginning. If this is so bad for you, try entering a stronger asso instead of complains and jealousy because they always have the good workers.

• I know, you can't hire a worker for gold in a direct way. But you can buy free lottery tickets for gold and with this tickets you can generate a lot of money. And here we are. This money is used to hire and fire workers. That's it.

1st. having gold is part of the game. Not acceptable is doing things against the rules or cheating. Everything else is acceptable.

It's not needed, that things are "cheating" to become not acceptable. It's enough they are worse in a special way to become so.

2nd. you cannot win a worker with gold. do you really know this game? To try to win the worker your asso needs to give money to him. Workers everyone wants such as Lincon, Voltaire, Amudsen, Boulton etc.... cost more money. The asso which more teammates are active and give big money to the worker, win the worker. If they fire him next minute, it is not your business! Next time, have your asso also giving big money and maybe you will win.

This is not correct.

The association with most of gold will get the worker. THIS is correct. Don't tell me, that your corporation is able to generate 90 million cash within 6 hours to hire 3 workers AND have enough money to build up trainstation, lay tracks and buy carts without any gold in era 2.

What do you want to tell me, where the money comes from ? From deliver goods ? Are you still kidding me ?

We can buy a worker now, I can't see what the future brings with workers. You can see 5 workers ahead, 10 hours

And this is quite enough to make a plan and decide, to keep one slot open or take the risk and close it.

I'm very sorry...but it seems you guys where absolutely lost without gold. To plan on a long term, to take some risk from time to time...THIS is, what sepperates a good player and a good association from a ordinary player/association.

By the way...only to have this options (well planning and take some risk from time to time AND deal with the consequences) also separates a good game from an ordinary one....

(Edited by a moderator)

• I am lost without gold.

This you are correct.

The gold is available and not prohibited.

But you are incorrect linking the gold to winning workers.

I use gold to buy starter package, plus account, era package at each new era, and pay the passanger waiting time with gold, for all cities I am connected.

Why you hate the gold so much???

• Why you hate the gold so much???

YUKI, I never wrote, that I hate gold as itself.

I use gold, too. I buy era-package, buy engines and half-waiting time for passengers. Sometimes I use boost and repair voucher. Yes, I play with gold.

But I use gold only to have a benefit ON MY SIDE. Not to hind other people. And this makes the difference.

Do you know Star-Trek, Next Generation, Commander Worf ? If so, he would say "this is not honorable".

It is a difference between to boost your owen car or to sabotage the car of the neighbor to win a competition. And if you don't understand the difference...sorry, but then it makes no sense to go on with our conversation.

• You claim Gold is used specifically to hinder others, because you don't believe a company can turn over 90 mil in 6 hours.

But if I am online for 6 hours, I can generate 25 mil by myself.

Imagine if 6 others in my 25 player company are also able to do this... that would give our company 175 mil to potentially spend.

And I don't even mention the players who turn over less, but still will bid with us.

So it is EASY to raise that kind of money. Do not punish the good players by restricting things YOU think is unfair.

We have had one member who bought a textile worker for just 10k, because they were hauling textile for cash... We as a company and city were already hauling petrol, steel beams, stainless steel and plastic. And we had another worker on sale for petrol and oil.

You say that this little screw up would force us to keep the textile worker for 24 hours and pass on the better worker, just because we're full and we're not allowed to fire workers.

Like I said: maybe you can get away with 12 hours, but NOBODY will like the idea of being forced to have them the full 24 hours.

• You claim Gold is used specifically to hinder others, because you don't believe a company can turn over 90 mil in 6 hours.

But if I am online for 6 hours, I can generate 25 mil by myself.

No...you can't. Don't tell people any Christmas-Storys. You won't generate 25 Million in era 2 within 6 hours on your owen.

The money grabber title is at around 20 million. Sometimes 22, sometimes only 19 million. Today it was 21,6 Million. This is the title you can get within 24 hours.

And you really want to tell me, that you are able to get this title within 6 hours. Respect.

Just for you, to remember...

The association with most of gold will get the worker. THIS is correct. Don't tell me, that your corporation is able to generate 90 million cash within 6 hours to hire 3 workers AND have enough money to build up trainstation, lay tracks and buy carts without any gold in era 2.

Read the last few words...we are talking about er2 2, not era 6, where you can haul oil, steel.beams and ohter high-price goods, with engines and 20+ carts. We are talking about 6 carts, maybe 11, if you use the Elephant.

And this is a NO-Go for you, as a Mod:

Like I said: maybe you can get away with 12 hours, but NOBODY will like the idea of being forced to have them the full 24 hours.

You are not in a pssition to say, what everybody or nobody want to to, would like, or whatever. YOU don't like, that's clear and I'm fine with that. But stop telling the people, what they want or what they like or dislike.

Really bad job.

• I've mostly reacted to your suggestion in depth as a player. Sorry to have to spell that out everytime I respond.

I've said all I said as a mod in the first post: I hope to see a healthy discussion.

As a player I am allowed to partake in said discussion.

I did not see the era2 part, tbh. But still my point remains valid: If in Era 5/6 you can turn over 175mil with only 7 active players in 6 hours, you can turn over 100 Mil in Era 2 with at least 15 active players.

• if you want to earn millions in era 2 with lottery tickets people need to spend thousands of euro's to get this money with tickets. Travian will embrase that. I would if I should be the company. The buying of gold gives Travian the opportunity to have Rail Nation as a full free play game.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• I was going to say I can easily earn 25 million keeping my transports, or even 30 or more (if I transport a more expensive good) in 6 hours or less...

I take as an example the top 1 asso I co own with my husband.

The three money titles are always earned by our teammates.

I am not even close to be the richest person in the asso.

I have bad luck this round and do not have all bonus trains, only a few.

8 of us can easily give 30 million each one for Roosevelt ... or more.

Thats why we have roosevelt almost every day, Voltaire has been with us for almost 5 days in a row and the third worker is either Amudsen or the fast train guy.

A few members giving big money can win the workers.

No gold involved in winning them.

• In any era, you can multiply by 2 the title to get the "true" income of the best players as a rule of thumb (restaurant, competitions, videos). And that's without any lottery influence (where you can get a few millions with just one lucky -20%).

I don't think firing workers is an issue (even though we could implement a slight cooldown, 4-6 hours?, since now we can see 5 workers ahead).

The issue, usually, is rather that one or two corps are so ahead of everybody else, that they get all the workers without even trying, because everybody is participating. Whereas the 5th association usually has maybe 3-4 active players, on lower populated servers.

I think anybody discussing workers should go see german or russian servers, and how they bet, to realise we are far from any issue on our servers. And that maybe, the top corp gaining all the workers, is simply them being too good for the rest of the competition.