The length of breaks between Server ends and starts

• Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I wanted to come along and discuss the length of time between a server finishing and the server restarting, to see if people are happy with the breaks, are they too short, too long or just the right length?

I personally feel that for Classic Servers the breaks are a bit short. I am currently playing on COM-03 Smoke Chamber and we are in the End Game. It has been announced that COM-03 will start on the 10th of July. As we have not currently finished the EG - that gives us a maximum of a 6 day break.

But what are your experiences with any of the servers Rail Nation gives us to play on?

Have a great day everyone,

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• What a great topic!

I would also love to hear how everyone feels about the breaks, especially those who keep playing on the same server round after round. Do the breaks make the other servers more inviting if you need a longer break than a week? How often do people skip a round if they need a longer break? Or is a short break just the thing that keeps people returning to the same server?

• for me the breaks are to long. We sometimes have to wait 3 weeks for the NL01 again to start.

1 Week is a nice break.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• Personally I don't care how long the breaks are. It could be 3 Days or 3 weeks. I would just like to see them all made uniformly across all formats. I think a lot of people are not ever sure what the break period will be, so end up starting the next round a day or 2 late, and that makes a huge difference in catching up right from the start. I think if they were uniform, we would see everyone that is returning, actually joining on time. I also would like to see it Stated right on the Pre-Register screen when the next round will start.

• Personally I don't care how long the breaks are. It could be 3 Days or 3 weeks. I would just like to see them all made uniformly across all formats. I think a lot of people are not ever sure what the break period will be, so end up starting the next round a day or 2 late, and that makes a huge difference in catching up right from the start. I think if they were uniform, we would see everyone that is returning, actually joining on time. I also would like to see it Stated right on the Pre-Register screen when the next round will start.

I really don't mind if it changes slightly, what annoys me is having to wait to find out.

When the game ends, before you take the server offline have a date ready, shouldn't be difficult to shcedule, maybe put the server offline and have a date in the interface? It's really annoying having to rely on a forum post which could be missed.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• I personally find the game can be tiring as well as fun - late nights doing last minute farming before the day change & then up early for work the next day.

I personally think a gap of around 10 days is good.

Firstly a little longer to recover.

Secondly it also means the competition & start day change around so that those who struggle to do city comps on a weekday or a weekend day get some change & a better chance in different rounds.

Not longer though - I get a little lost without Smoke Chamber & my team after 10 days :) I am sad I know ;)

• Hey

I also prefer 1 week break, but as Stubaski wrote

I really don't mind if it changes slightly, what annoys me is having to wait to find out.

When the game ends, before you take the server offline have a date ready, shouldn't be difficult to shcedule, maybe put the server offline and have a date in the interface? It's really annoying having to rely on a forum post which could be missed.

it would be very nice with the new date in interface, when EG is done and server run offline for two days.

Personal i also prefer start day Thursday, Friday or Saturday ( it is much more easy for people to get Friday off from work when they know EG will be done during the Weekend and they can participate in full EG) so EG will run into the weekend, not always so easy to get time for EG on workday. It ruin EG a lot when half or more of your asso is on work during EG.

Cheers Rype

• Personal i also prefer start day Thursday, Friday or Saturday ( it is much more easy for people to get Friday off from work when they know EG will be done during the Weekend and they can participate in full EG) so EG will run into the weekend, not always so easy to get time for EG on workday. It ruin EG a lot when half or more of your asso is on work during EG.

Other associations may have the reverse though - people who can't play at weekends for whatever reason. Changing the start days allows everybody to participate sometimes rather than some all of the time and the others none. All that will do is turn people away from the server, if not the game.

• I'm not sure where you are from Rype. But I know it's summer in America, and if people don't have to work for the weekend, many don't stay home on the weekends for EG. There is so much more to do on a weekend off. Camping, vacations, parties, reunions, amusement parks, the list goes on and on.

• I finished 1 game in Detroit. Now I have to choose a different city and start over. Is this how the game works? Start over each game?

Yes. the only 2 things that remain from one round to the next is your carrier engine and your gold. (and obviously your association if you pre-register, and the friendships you make !)

From one round to the next, you will also be able to experience how to improve your gameplay, your strategies, and so on.

• I think the breaks could be 2 weeks. The good thing about the longer break is that after playing for 3 months and then playing a tiresome EG, a break is needed. Especially since Era 1 also requires high amounts of online-time to get started in a good way.

• 2 weeks at least. I would even be fine with a month or more vacation in between server restarts.

Please keep in mind, many players play multiple servers, or would like to play different maps but there simply isn't enough time.

Making the breaks a bit longer might enable this.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• 2 weeks at least. I would even be fine with a month or more vacation in between server restarts.

Please keep in mind, many players play multiple servers, or would like to play different maps but there simply isn't enough time.

Making the breaks a bit longer might enable this.

if you play multiple servers that is your own decision, there are people who only play one server. Then is even 10 days or 2 weeks too long, people will quit the game and don't return. Other games are running continiously without a break.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• Isn't that what Era 1 is for? :P

To be honest, this is a fair point.

Era 1 is busy the first 2 hours, when you're going after as many tasks as you can while doing short updates, for me even less than that as I don't do most tasks until day 2 or 3, there is reason behind the madness, don't ask.

Regardless, I think the request comes from some more active players on a single server that don't actually mind having a proper clean break from the game, not taking it easy, not touching it at all. If you play multiple servers you'll never have a break regardless of length.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia