COM101 Rocky Mountains issues

• what about the gold we accumulated and held over from previous rounds how about compensating that back to every player who is affected or is travian going to screw us over with there so called fix taking that too along with the last 3 months wasted not good customer service closed a ticket before problem was solved and then screw over 40 players who they affect with a so called fix by not rectifying there screw up so the problem still is not solved

• what about the gold we accumulated and held over from previous rounds how about compensating that back to every player who is affected or is travian going to screw us over with there so called fix taking that too along with the last 3 months wasted not good customer service closed a ticket before problem was solved and then screw over 40 players who they affect with a so called fix by not rectifying there screw up so the problem still is not solved

took me time to understand correctly as well.

I believe they will give every player back all the gold they had when the bug occured, + whatever they used during that round.

The only thing I can think of right now is, I hope it will never happen on a server I play in. And the day this happens, compensation or not, will probably be the end for me. Those 40 players (many of them chairs) invested probably hundreds of hours each into this game, for nothing at the end. The city that just lost the callers won't stand a chance.

IMO, the EG doesn't really have any sense any more. I would have voted for a roll back, and if more bugs were to happen due to that, just cancel the round. It's already fucked up for everybody anyway.

But at least something would have been tried. In this case, 40 players is 10% of the active player base... It's a LOT.

• my city lost 2 chairs my self and chair of fitb and 2 players from my asso to me it is a total insult that in effect you are washing your hands of a problem you caused by not testing for all possible outcomes unwilling to actually do the right thing and suspend the server which should have been done soon as the first ticket went in about the problem you were supposed to fix causing the same problem on people that were not affected in the first place then insulting 40 players with the so called compensation package

• Imagine that I am put back in Wichita and I was supposed to call in Boise.

Xdxdxd

4 days to lay 100+tracks just to have things connected to check the wt's without engines or wagons to haul a single ton.

Why should I bother?

• I am absolutely outraged by the way the situation has been dealt with, EVERYONE who bought ANY GOLD, or had GOLD carried from previous server should be refunded in CASH.

As far as I am concerned, I have paid for a service which has not been delivered, therefor it comes under "Breach Of Contract".

If the game had been reset to before the unexpected technical issues, as many players had stated was the fairest outcome, most players would have accepted this.

Now the situation is almost farcical, when was Basil Fawlty appointed CEO of travian games?

• im glad they like to insult there players intelligence with what they say can and cannot be done just because they think people dont know better and wont kick up a fuss if they sweep it under the carpet like they are trying just imagine they just posted the upcoming servers I say we all hit that post with the simple words do not join any server as they dont fix what they screw up

• how about reinstating the prestige the waggons the tracks the buildings the time we all invested into this round oh that's a roll back take the risk roll it back if it affects the server then cancel it fix the problem properly before restarting the round and by fixing it testing the so called fix with every possible outcome before implementing it or am I looking at this through the eyes of someone who actually knows that before you try to fix something you test everything so it works all the possible outcomes not just the possible ones you know the ones that are like a 1 in a million chance to come up

• stick ya compensation its a meaningless gesture multiple rounds on the same server to get to 6 days before another eg which we taken our city to end game as a top 10 city for you to implement a fix with a risk you knew about and still implemented and killed the round stone dead for 40 players who are now angry and you offer a paltry compensation package which many wont use as they will not be back to use it wtg for ya

• As an avid RN player, I would indeed be totally gutted if this had happened to me and my account, especially so close to the EG. However from what I've read, they can't roll back the server, they can't just 'implant' the players back in the game with everything they had, there's little they can do other than ensure it doesn't happen again and give the players compensation.

The only point I'd make that does sound unfair is that RN haven't reimbursed the players money they'd spent on the round, that doesn't sound correct. If for instance they spent money that unlocked the primus engine, that was on the knowledge they'd get to be using it *that* round and the gold in those circumstances.

I think also that by not doing this will make the players effected even more angry as kind of forces them to play again if want to make use of the compensation, however if you gave them the gold, career stuff and their money back they might be more inclined to continue and see that it just one of those awful things that can happen with games from time to time. My 2 pence as impartial thread reader.

• amazing how no one from travian has had the courtesy to actually address this properly just script written answers the answer we would like are

why was no back up done before implementing a fix

why was the server allowed to continue to run after the fix was implemented that showed the fix had now affected 40 players who didn't have the problem in the first place

why was the fix not fully tested for all possible outcomes

one more question what if the fix had affect more people what would travian done then

these are the questions that need to be answered from a travian representative not a forum mod game mod this has to be addressed properly

• because they did not do the most basic thing before implementing a patch to fix the bug which was to back up the server so they could roll it back if anything went wrong then go back to the drawing board to fix the bug without any issues they lost 40 players data

• So 11 weeks of playing is totally ruined. It was clear almost from the start that RN washed their hands from 40+ people not being able to continue this round as intended. 40+ people which understand many of them were chairs or otherwise very essential to running association and/or cities.

What use is the "compensation" given (which in my is in my eyes only reimbursement for gold and money spent and NOT compensation) when you can't even restart in the city you were in because it's overcrowded if you wanted?! I even get recommended by the game to start over with the competition (I was blue, now the game wants me to sign up as red).

I'm not planning on returning to the COM101 server so how will I be compensated? Why aren't the people effected contacted personally by RN? Why should we have to contact RN in game to seek compensation? Is it just another way of sticking it to the players effected? If you don't follow the forums and read the right thread you're out of luck getting any sort of compensation? As it is now I MUST start the COM101 server over to get any compensation at all?

There's alot of questions unanswered and it feels like RN is trying to dodge alot of bullets by giving people the silent treatment...

• Hi Postman, I'm sorry to hear you are one of the affected.

I have sent you a private message so we can continue there. All the other players have been contacted since they had an in-game avatar we could contact and compensate.

• since this happened I been arguing with support rn over this whole fiasco it maybe only 40+ people who got there accounts mismanaged by a inept department but the far reaching effects are the actual game as those that were affected has a bigger impact on the whole server something everyone has overlooked 7 players from the top city on the server wiped out and yet the top and bottom of the answers I have managed to actually get are sorry but that's tough we have compensated you for what has happened to which my response has been the compensation is a joke and not fit for purpose they say it was the fairest solution to the problem when in reality they just looked at a short term package to try appease the players without seriously looking at the wider implications in the context of game play with what has taken place