Bullying / Blackmailing / Threatening

• This game does nothing when you report bullying and blackmailing by a member!! A member speaks Russian in a dedicated English channel and is told this.. This person gets mad and starts to invest in our cities goods to up our wait times and is pushing our corp chair to apologize or he will keep interrupting our wait times.. I have messages where this person tells our corp chair person that if she apologizes he will stop investing and he will move on ( *Edited: the problem is one person in this town. If this person apologizes publicly , this so-called bully will normally play)!! He is not hauling any of these goods, matter of fact his home city is far away from our city!! I have sent over four complaints to game support (yes the above message went to support also) that this person is bullying our chair person and blackmailing her and all of us in the city( if you do this it will all stop).. I am told by support this person has the right to invest all he wants, I get this fully but when you threaten and bully I am not ok with this at ALL!!! He broke the games policies and rule but speaking in an English (only) chat. He is just causing trouble and problems!!!! This person also bragged that he has been banned several times in a message. To this day this person has not been banned or kicked off the game for his breaking the rules and the threats!!! Unfortunately the city I am in will be in The End Game and I don't want to leave my city as I enjoy playing the game but I can not be part of a game that does not protect all the other members playing here.. He is ruining my gaming experience (more so I am so mad he is holding our city hostage basically) and investing to force our wait times. If not for him I think we would be 1st over all but he holding our city back for his childish behaviors like he is.. Yes is screen name is *Edited!!!!!!

*CM has edited the name of the player

• It's becoming increasingly more difficult to discuss anything in the city chats anymore. Between the people that want to argue for no reason about prettmuch anything, to those that are not even hauling for the city you are hauling for, just to troll for arguements sake it has become nearly impossible to say anything without someone wanting to report people for comments. Even those that are constuctive criticism.

It is not only myself, I have seen this happen to other people as well. It is not only one server it is multiple servers.

I also find it interesting that you don't seem to be allowed to ask or tell someone that is obviously trolling for attention to mind their own buisiness. ( Politely of course). If the conversation has nothing to do with them and they are not hauling for the city you are - surely they only interject in the conversation to stir discontent within the city.

I have been banned on more than one server for asking/telling a person - people to mind their own business when surely they have nothing to do with anything in the conversation.

I also realize there is the ignore option but , but to stir discntent in a city and then turn around and then report someone for asking or telling them to mind their own business is a bit rediculous. I do not really find that as bullying as it was stated to be.

• I would like to add a link to this post: Bans and similar account related decisions to be kept out from forum

It explains why it is better to not share the names of the players here on public forum, when there is no way to confirm these claims are true. Support or the rest of the Rail Nation team is unable to join the discussion, or tell if something was indeed done. It will always be one-sided.

Generally speaking, majorities and discussions belong to everyone and it is not against the rules to break majorities or participate in discussions.

The only exceptions with discussions are if the language of the game world is English (COM/US) - then no other language is moderated and can't be used (unless you play on a special server like OJ, where more languages are available). The other exception is if someone is spamming/flooding a thread on purpose so that the other players are unable to continue their discussion in a way they should.

• It is not good & against game rules to name players in these forum threads - we can discuss theory but if you have a specific problem with a specific player then it needs to be reported to the support team who can properly investigate it

• you cannot tell the truth here it will be deleted.

The problem with "truth" is, there is none. Ev1 got their own truth. You (and I) make up your truth, from what you see and read, from what you think about good and bad, from your believes and from what you know and don't know.

In RN the "truth" might have started some rounds ago, or just some days ago. Bullying or a blackmail may just be the end of esclating each other to worse accusations each day ... or it may be a total misunderstanding.

In RL it's judges who have to find out the truth. They ask witnesses.

In RN sometimes or maybe rarely there is a chat moderator, who witnessed the beginnings, that might help on judgement.

In RL, judges do not trust witnesses. Judges are good in testing witnesses and their abilities to report what has happened.

in RN the judges do not ask witnesses, they ask their logs, and they trust them. Logs might be better than human witnesses, but how long back into the past are they examined?

So, at the end, if you feel the truth is: "I am bullied, I am blackmailed and Klabbauter is the wrongdoer." you might be totally sure to tell the truth. But probably that Klabbauter might tell (if asked) a different truth: "Oh, wrong translation, misunderstanding, just a joke, I meant it positively ..:"

So that is, why we should not call names here.

Because that other person will tell a different truth ... as true as your truth. But that other person is blamed, flamed, accused ... publically in the forum.

So it will not help, to call names ... especially if that other person does not communicate in the forum (like 99% of the players).

There are other ways, different from the RN way, giving all investigating and responsiblilty to supporters. Ways that include witnesses that are asked by private message, in a conversation or in a special part of the forum. There are ways that include a friend of the one complaining, so you are not alone against 2-3 supporters, and better ways for appeals, which are now just exchanging your complaints with a friend and colleague of the supporter who punished you.

There is no way, to discuss special cases here, especially with name calling ... not because RN set different rules, but because you do not get all the witnesses into the forum.

There would be ways for general discussions .... but I do not think that RN will only think about their strict rules about their way to truth.

Sie sagen immer: "Sei ehrlich und sag, was du denkst."

Und dann sagt man es und dann gucken sie böse..

• In RL it's judges who have to find out the truth. They ask witnesses.

In RN sometimes or maybe rarely there is a chat moderator, who witnessed the beginnings, that might help on judgement

When things are said in a city forum a moderator won't see this. They can see only the city forums and chats from the cities they have connected, the same as we can.

My opinion is moderators, suppport crew and community managers shouldn't be playing at the servers the moderate and support on. They should have acces to all public chats and forums of each city and do their jobs, moderate and support.

The most escalations happening in city forums. A moderator doesn't have time to play active if he or she is doing a good job. Than these things will be noticed a lot sooner and the proper actions can be taken. This will give lot's more peace at the game and people will stay and keep playing instead of leaving the game and won't return back.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• Time to fix a couple misunderstandings so we could hopefully let this "staff versus players" topic go.

naike - you are right, chat moderators do not have tools to follow each and every city forum simultaneously. Chat moderators are using the public chat channels and forum where everyone can read the posts and join the discussions. Chat moderators will also welcome newcomers and guide them, and spark discussions. You could think of them as hosts and hostesses. They aren't staff in a regular sense with work hours or anything like that.

We would need completely new tools to have that kind of access, and also new team members who dedicate themselves to actively follow every last discussion. This is not an option, hence we rely to the player community to report the rule breakers to game support when it comes to city chats and private chats. If you were to join the team as a chat moderator, it would mean I will train you to know how to help players and put a good example out there when discussing with players, but that's pretty much it. You would do this voluntarily, out of your own willingness to help the player community enjoy the game more, on the server where you play - or don't play. I would not be giving you any tools to harm other players, to cheat or anything like that.

I have said this before: Chat moderators are players just like anyone else and they volunteer to moderate. This means they are players who want to help the rest of the community on the servers where they play, when they have the time. You can turn to them with your questions and chat with them, and they will guide you forward when needed. They also help keep the peace and remind of rules when necessary.

This was the short version, and hopefully enough to answer to any questions you (or anyone else) might have about the crew playing the game.

• This is not an option, hence we rely to the player community to report the rule breakers to game support when it comes to city chats and private chats.

sadly that those reports are not handled seriously in most of the times and the faul players just can continue their wrong actions.

And that I can say out of own experience.

• sadly that those reports are not handled seriously in most of the times and the faul players just can continue their wrong actions.

And that I can say out of own experience.

If the person keeps offending others or causing trouble - please send a ticket to support about the new offences. There is a process in place, and if warnings do not help, then we come up with another solution. This is why it is important to let the support know that someone is taking the fun out of the game and breaking the rules, and you as a player can be of great help here.

• If the person keeps offending others or causing trouble - please send a ticket to support about the new offences. There is a process in place, and if warnings do not help, then we come up with another solution. This is why it is important to let the support know that someone is taking the fun out of the game and breaking the rules, and you as a player can be of great help here.

it happened some time ago. And to be honest when nothing is done at all, not even a warning. What's the value of sending in a report, nothing. Big spenders can do anything they like.

• it happened some time ago. And to be honest when nothing is done at all, not even a warning. What's the value of sending in a report, nothing. Big spenders can do anything they like.

We aim to treat every player equally. With warnings or punishments, we do not share this information with other players. When we send a warning or give a punishment, it is only the player who got the warning or punishment who can share that information with everyone else. We never contact other players to say what actions we took, as all players have a right to keep that information to themselves. There is a wall of privacy in place for all and every player.

• Which support moderator? This is like reading a page of my life the first and last time I will ever play a second server.

I advise you to accept this as collateral damage because support will do nothing. Unfortunately in my instance they actually condoned the bullying by one high profile player and came back with "the nature of this game is competetive" after several days of stating our case support was clearly not going to act.

The group I was with had a president that was suffering a serious disease. Our bully was with another association, He was an absolute maverick. he started arguing with his own team of which I originally started with. the whole 21 players including myself left over a period of time and moved to the adjacent association.

This bully then formed another team under a new banner, he never got them past 5 players and they all left too'

This still did not stop him everbody was wrong except him. He then worked Naples by himself (this guy by the way was a level 28 player).

This created extreme stress on all because we knew we had to level Naples and proceeded to do so while he just sat on Naples City and placed extremely large investment at times to $20,000,000 on the LM RG's we were hauling too, the remaining 3 Era's was absolute hell.

The president and I would chat on the game forum and this guy would contuinally bully us with his rants. to cut a very long story shorter, we reached end game after 3 weeks of extreme duress. and every goods we were on he would put massive investment into and made sure he pushed our WT's to a point they sucked, and yes he destroyed the end game not only for himself but to make sure we could not get a leg in for a chance of a win either.

for just over 3 weeks we suffered spite, nasty rants and his bullying ways while we spent our money and played for nothing. Support were happy for one player to totally ruin the South East on an endgame and totally condoned his bullying.

My advice to you is not to waste your time with support, take it on the chin, find a server next game where you have associations that stick together and haul good for continuing games. We were getting near as much stress from support and their negativity to this type of game bullying and spite over many days before I ended the tickets.

I was that incensed I would not close the ticket and kept on trying to reason with the support moderator to no avail. I feel for you and having been there know exactly what you are talking about. Good Luck with this issue.

I now have a good home and continue to play with a group of associations that stick and work in together. I would also add that I have only told part of the story (far too long) and I have also posted this statement with honesty and no disrespect or prejudice.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HoseBag ().

• There is nothing that can be done, unfortunately is within the scope of the game.

Had the same on a US server, there is a well known player that all he does is run for money and ruin the city experience, still, it's his prerogative.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia