Erroneous System Messages

• It seems that there are a lot of erroneous messages regarding losing majority of a facility. For instance, see the attached images. There are only two people that have even invested in this facility on the 2nd day of Era-1. While this error is not a problem right now, I have seen it cause confusion and hard feelings between players when it happens in later Eras. Please investigate why this happens and fix it.

• I get in a mess with this one too

That message is in your system box & means you have lost your personal 50% investment on that site

If your association lost control the same message goes to the association investment thread.

Hope this makes sense?

• these messages are in you personal system inbox.

when a majority is taken by another association that message is posted in the associtation forum

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• It is still confusing. Why use the same wording when describing different kinds of majorities?

the messages are different and posted in different topics. It's just read them. I think that is what most don't do. They see the words "Due to investment of other players" and stop reading make a wrong assumption. Most mistakes are made with not reading what a message tells. And sadly a lot of arguing is the result of this.

• Well, if they are talking about different kinds of majorities (personal vs corporation), then why not say that?

They just mention 'majority', which is the confusing part. Blaming the player for not reading it correctly is too easy and just an excuse. It is the message that is unclear, not the brains of the players. I always get confused by these messages, and I read them all and click on all of them to see what is going on with that industry and to figure out what the message is supposedly trying to tell me.

If it is a personal majority that was broken, then say that.

If it was a corporate majority that was broken, then say that.

Easy peasy.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• but they say it :

corporate majority in the corporation investment thread.

personaly majority in the system messages (you can deactivate those "majority" notifications if you want to 100% avoid mistakes even).

• Well, if they are talking about different kinds of majorities (personal vs corporation), then why not say that?

They just mention 'majority', which is the confusing part. Blaming the player for not reading it correctly is too easy and just an excuse. It is the message that is unclear, not the brains of the players. I always get confused by these messages, and I read them all and click on all of them to see what is going on with that industry and to figure out what the message is supposedly trying to tell me.

If it is a personal majority that was broken, then say that.

If it was a corporate majority that was broken, then say that.

Easy peasy.

I really don't see the problem, it's ot only the reading but also (and again reading) look in what inbox you are. The associaton forum or your own personal system inbox. And in the messages is mentioned if your association has lost the majorty or you personally.

The first screenshot is from the association system inbox

the second screenshot is from the personal system inbox

it is only reading nothing more nothing less