Some small suggestions (schedules)

• - I would like to see a "lockdown" option on train shedules.

Ideally, when you open the list of train on the left (gold+ account), a simple checkbox would be enough.

When you have 16+ engines, you sometimes want to move almost evryone but don't want to move carrer engine or bonus engines because they are too slow, or because you just want them do their task forever.

It can be usefull if you want to block a group on city duty, while still roaming for competition in the area, etc...

If you want to block your old bonus engines doing Grain>LM & be sure to not move them away when doing something else, etc...

- In the same way, i would like to group some engines together :

For example you have 20 Medusa, you can save/call them M1, M2, M3, M4 and select them to do whatever you want them to do.

Should be part of the gold + account, and i think it follow the ideas of the already added option : the save shedules, and save set shedule (i find them trully amazing! :thumbup:)

• Yes... maybe grouping by color of engines.

I have 25 Medusas, 12 green and 13 red. Then when I want to select the greens, need make click by click on 12 green... maybe one checkbox simplify the select process.

Good (and old) idea!

• I'm still waiting to be able to group cargo trains and passenger trains seperately.

Especially during an endgame the posibiltity to select only your cargo trains will be very helpful

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• I'm still waiting to be able to group cargo trains and passenger trains seperately.

Especially during an endgame the posibiltity to select only your cargo trains will be very helpful

"Park your engines until recalc." :D

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: M1.201 Scandinavia :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: M19 Allstars Final :engine1: COM301 The Alps :engine1:

• indeed park only your cargo trains, pfff when you are lucky and win a lot bonus pax trains you have to sort them out, i would like a selection even when it's only between cargo and pax trains that would help already a bit, so i think this is a good idea

• For example you have 20 Medusa, you can save/call them M1, M2, M3, M4 and select them to do whatever you want them to do.

There is an option at present to double tap on the checkboxes for a particular train type to quickly select all your Medusae to do a certain task.

I have 25 Medusas, 12 green and 13 red. Then when I want to select the greens, need make click by click on 12 green... maybe one checkbox simplify the select process.

But perhaps what you're looking for is what Terre is suggesting, a further refinement to select all engines of a particular production series (paint job)? That would be a nice refinement indeed, to be able to quickly send some of the Medusae off to a comp and the rest off in a different direction. :thumbsup:

i would like a selection even when it's only between cargo and pax trains that would help already a bit, so i think this is a good idea

I too think it's a good idea, here's one I did earlier, is this what you're thinking? :P:D

There's more on this topic in the previous thread, which someone has oh so kindly archived off:

Copy Schedule is better with a more compact view

Question, why are threads moved to the archive when they haven't been resolved?

• Question, why are threads moved to the archive when they haven't been resolved?

Threads are moved when a feature wish has been forwarded to Game Center, to keep the threads more up-to-date and forum more clean. You could say the thread is "resolved", even if it is not marked as resolved. This 'resolved' is just a feature of this forum.

As said above, you can select the engines of a certain type by double tapping/clicking on it. I have now forwarded a wish for a new feature you could turn on/off - ability to select production series with double tap.

I remember we've discussed this here on forum earlier - to be able to 'lock' an engine to keep the schedule while others could be grouped for another route. Now the option is to select all, then deselect the engine or two you do not want to group together before setting a new schedule. Not sure which is more useful way, and I'd like to hear more opinions of locking engines.

Grouping engines together: Do you mean you would like to, for example, make 4 medusa groups and then with a shortcut button you could select the group you want and give new orders? A new widget or can the 'save schedules' widget be used for this in some way? (Asking just to get a better picture of the wish).

• I was wondering: why can't I use the "20% discount on building construction" voucher whenever I want?

It is possible to do this with instant updating, with the purchase of licenses and all the other coupons but not with this.

Most often this voucher is used to expand the lab and you often don't have enough money.

If I wanted (in the meantime) to expand the restaurant, I couldn't do it: I'd burn my precious voucher

(Google translated by CM. Please always use English here on international COM/US forum, thank you)

• :/

Other vouchers which you can't delay:

track-vouchers, wagon-vouchers, pax-half-wt-vouchers, engine-vouchers, HQ-donation-vouchers, investment-vouchers

So I don't see the problem with the 20%-vouchers, just scratch your lotterie tickets strategically

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: M1.201 Scandinavia :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: M19 Allstars Final :engine1: COM301 The Alps :engine1:

• I remember we've discussed this here on forum earlier - to be able to 'lock' an engine to keep the schedule while others could be grouped for another route. Now the option is to select all, then deselect the engine or two you do not want to group together before setting a new schedule. Not sure which is more useful way, and I'd like to hear more opinions of locking engines.

Grouping engines together: Do you mean you would like to, for example, make 4 medusa groups and then with a shortcut button you could select the group you want and give new orders? A new widget or can the 'save schedules' widget be used for this in some way? (Asking just to get a better picture of the wish).

1 - Locking some engines is not the same as selecting all, then deselecting the ones you don't want to... Sometimes, the game lagg and you need to be fast with recalc time etc... locking some engines on their duty is a very simple option. By locking the engine it won't be selected until you unlock it.

I can give you examples (but they are tons) when it is very usefull :

- i log in, there is a competition of wood in a far away city, i quickly send all my engines there to win the 1st price. Now the comp is over, i'm sending them back to do something usefull hauling era3 RG to city. But in the process i forget that my carrier is hauling only era1 goods and it stay over there hauling wood forever until i finally see a horrible average gain/h in the list of Train.

- Other scenario, in the exact same situation is : i want to only send my Engines to do the comp but my Bonus engines are too slow and won't get there before the competion is over, i don't want to unselect each time then reselect after, the more city you connect the more competition you can do and that's really anoying to can't be abble to lockdown a train on a specific shedule.

- 3rd situation, your carreer can haul era1 & 2. you focus on RG on era5/6. sometimes doing fast reappro etc... i don't want it to move every time it can and then get stuck not moving every time it can't follow. i would prefer to lock it down on a usefull duty somewhere until i change my mind. (that s still true for special cargo that can't haul other era goods until you finish the research).

For grouping, yes i mean that the same idea as double clicking (txs for info) to help select for example half the fleet. Sometimes you can't buy every wagon when they are too expensive (era5/6). you can make groups to simplify the dispatching but doubleclicking on different series would be a good start too. it could be simple to add like in most games Ctrl+1 Shift+1 ; ctrl+2 shift+2 ; etc... that's the shortcuts evryone knows about and like this you can group different engines too.

Save schedules is ok, but you have to redo them very often, everyday, each time a new good is unlocked shedules become useless. You can keep some saved schedules for long hauling but when the city levelup you won't use them anymore after 1 or 2 days.

• I was wondering: why can't I use the "20% discount on building construction" voucher whenever I want?

It is possible to do this with instant updating, with the purchase of licenses and all the other coupons but not with this.

Most often this voucher is used to expand the lab and you often don't have enough money.

If I wanted (in the meantime) to expand the restaurant, I couldn't do it: I'd burn my precious voucher

No, you can't use any voucher whenever you want. The instant updating voucher is a bad example because the vast majority of players uses this function only whe an instant updating voucher is available. And you cant choose whent to use ist either. You have to use the voucher before you can use gold for instant upgrade again.

• This thread was about Train schedules, any chance that the posts about using vouchers could be moved to another thread please?

Else we risk having this thread ambushed by other topics and the points made will be lost and forgotten...

• This thread was about Train schedules, any chance that the posts about using vouchers could be moved to another thread please?

Else we risk having this thread ambushed by other topics and the points made will be lost and forgotten...

The suggestion to lock engines to a schedule and/or group selecting engines based on production series have been forwarded. If there is more to add to the wish, feel free to use this thread.

The voucher part got an answer, so I don't see that topic continuing anymore. If it does, I will guide players to create a new thread.

And from here on, let's stick to the topic 'train schedules' in this thread, thank you!

• The name of the thread is "Some small suggestions".

Not "Some small suggestions about train schedules".

If players want to read about any kind of small suggestions they will come here.

If they have some small suggestions they would like to suggest, they will also come here.

If they want to read about train schedules, they will probably not come here.

May I (smalishly) suggest that the thread be renamed, if you intend to only discuss train schedules here?

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• I agree with you Dutcher, the topic name is "some small suggestions"

People looking for train schedules never think of opening this thread.

Close the topic than or rename.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• I suggest double clicking - only select trains from this product series. Not all trains of this type (as it is now).

This will make it easy to set different schedules for trains of the same type.

• I suggest double clicking - only select trains from this product series. Not all trains of this type (as it is now).

This will make it easy to set different schedules for trains of the same type.

This is actually a brilliant idea, just made a search for it as I wanted to propose it myself and found this thread.

Having to do any sort of clicking is a pain, the UI occasionally picks up items that are below and while you are selecting or deselecting a train you end up opening a city or industry below the UI, annoying defect which has never been dealt with, a double click action limited to production series would limit the need for extra clicks and speed up the process.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• Selecting/Deselecting trains - with double click! (Improved suggestion)

Now:

A double click on the checkbox in front of the train selects/deselects all trains of this type.

My suggestion:

1. A double click on the checkbox in front of the train selects/deselects all trains of this product series.

2. A double click on the checkbox in front of the bonus train selects/deselects all trains of this bonus type (cargo/passenger).