Perfect time to purchase the Starter package?

• Starter package, when is the perfect time to purchase it?

This is the age-old dilemma, do you wait until your Engine House is level 6, or do you get it earlier and let the bonus "snowball" from then on? If you get the extra engine, more RPs and Lab up by 1 level as soon as you are out of money, does the bonus multiply compared to waiting until the end?

Players usually suggest waiting until your Engine House is level 6, but that's not the only way now is it?

P.S. A new thread called: Play Like a Pro! was just published, check it out :engine1:

• I wait with level 6 until the last moment (before I reach 600 prestige).

So far, I've been building a lab and a bank.

When I am at ~ 580 prestige I start to build a new level of laboratory ...

And before it's built, I buy the starter package.

But to be honest, I have to admit that it doesn't matter to the end result of the game.

The eras 5 and 6 are important for the result.

1 era doesn't matter! (it matters so little that it can be ignored)

So ... let's have fun ... and not give too much importance to it ..

• This is the age-old dilemma, do you wait until your Engine House is level 6, or do you get it earlier and let the bonus "snowball" from then on?

There is no dilemma. I wait as long is possible and try to click the laboratory 7 before I buy the package. One swallow has to haul a long time until it earned the 1,6 Million engine house 7 and lab 8 are worth.

• Wait as long as possible, money is always precious, especially early in the game.

Unless you are a level 1 player, after a couple of games your career engine will probably earn more than the other Swallows all together, which means that having 6 or 7 makes little difference and that 1 single missing Swallow will never earn as much what you save by upgrading as late as possible.

Push engine house, lab and bank as much as you can, raise the other buildings only for what is strictly required, when you're near 600 buy the package, if you have done it well you have probably saved just South of a million and half.

This round, if I remember correctly, I managed to get engine house 7 (600k) , bank 7 (350k) and lab 7 (650k).

I'm not sure if that changes for heavy lottery spenders, normally all I buy is discounted tickets from videos.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• So you are the one watching my videos all the time :D

For all the rest I totally agree with you (just like on our assoforum ;))

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: M1.201 Scandinavia :engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: Allstars Quali 3 :engine1:

• I build my engine house to level 6, than build my lab and bank as high as possible. Don't invest in industries to reduce my prestige earnings. And just before I reach the 600 prestige I will buy the starterpackage

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• I mean waiting to lvl 6 EH is a no-brainer, the question is how far one can wait below the 600-line before starting a last lab (sometimes also bank-) level before "applying the nitro".

But I mean I'm basically repeating what some other high-career players above me are saying

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

• Exactly. I always wait as long as possible. Engine house of course to 6 first. And Lab / Bank I can push it to 8 and get the level 9's for free with the package. Waiting does slow your growth, so in the end it is a wash / mute point (HMR is right, it really doesn't matter much).

What does matter is that you can't win a bonus train until Lottery = level 2 (1000 prestige). That means it might be better to wait and save up Lucy's (and daily/won) lottery tickets until after you use the starter package and redeem your medals. Again, not scratching open the tickets right away slows you down even more but if you watch enough videos you will have no shortage of cash anyway and a much better chance to get an early bonus train which in era 1 makes a huge difference. My priority at the start is getting the bonus train(s) asap, not prestige ranks or useless building levels.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• I mean waiting to lvl 6 EH is a no-brainer, the question is how far one can wait below the 600-line before starting a last lab (sometimes also bank-) level before "applying the nitro".

But I mean I'm basically repeating what some other high-career players above me are saying

A simple way to keep your prestige down is not redeeming medals, which is why usually in the first 2 days you see me dropping positions and then appearing at the top out of nowhere.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

• As everybody said, EH level 6 is the nobrainer you must aim for.

The question is, how far do you push the lab and bank ? I have tried a few options, and usually now (read since the new trains came out) I go for laboratory 5 (so it ends up at 6 after the package). This because I get the 11 points (just as if I had my lab 7 before), saving up 1M $$. And I push the bank at 5 as well. 1M6 $$ in bank account is more than enough early (restaurant to 21 is enough for a little while).

And it allows me 2 things :

- get the bonus engine and lottery tickets ASAP (24h usually)

- push my restaurant and hotel up (which you cannot do, if you must stay below 600 prestige, since the first day gives you some prestige with the 2-3 titles (cash, and the wood + boards for example)).

And since I stay with rhino the whole first era, I don't care about the research points until the end of the era, when I have to push the lab to 16-18 for era 2.

A better optimized strategy might be to push the laboratory higher, if you want to reach other trains more quickly. But right now I don't think it is worth it.

• I think its important to also include the Red Kite, since as long as you wait with starter package, you also delay your chance to get a bonus engine, which hauls a lot more than anything from era 1 even without upgrades. And since Im using super starter package, where is a bunch of lottery tickets, I buy starter package as soon as my EH is lvl 6, regardless of lab or bank lvl.

• I think its important to also include the Red Kite, since as long as you wait with starter package, you also delay your chance to get a bonus engine, which hauls a lot more than anything from era 1 even without upgrades. And since Im using super starter package, where is a bunch of lottery tickets, I buy starter package as soon as my EH is lvl 6, regardless of lab or bank lvl.

As mentioned above somewhere above, it depends on how many tickets you plan to purchase, obviously if you plan on dumping gold into the game then there's no point waiting.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

my carreertrain hauls lots more than the kite and is maintenance free

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• You dont have to invest gold to have a chance to get bonus engine, you get lottery tickets for free from multiple sources. Since you need to have lottery lvl 2, which requires 1k prestige, you need to get the starter package before that. I thought its kinda self-explanatory and just wanted to point that out, since people were discussing the economy part of this.

And career train isnt exactly from any era is it? And since almost everybody has one and it might differ greatly, I dont really see a point to discuss its influence towards getting starter package sooner or later.

• It takes not so long to get a top career train for Era 1 so most of them are almost the same in it.

And yes, it hauls better than all the starting trains combined.

I personally try ti get lvl 11 lab and lvl 10 bank before getting starter pack; if you do it earlier it makes no sense for you'll get more from videos with opened medals)

• What is a bonus train? Era 6 almost completed on 1 server, Era 5 on another, Era 2 on another with hundreds of videos watched and lottery tickets scratched on every server and not a single bonus cargo engine :(

• Ai really? That's pretty bad luck. I think the chance of a bonus train is +/- 1/100 or 1% from scratching a ticket. A Primus is much less than that however, more difficult.

If playing all era's, you should at least have a 50% of getting at least 1 bonus train, just from the daily tickets alone. That chance was mentioned a long time ago though, I don't know if the odds have changed since then.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• ^^It's called bad luck.

It has happened to me.

I'm in luck now.

Now I play on 3 servers.

Era 5-6.

I have 2.3 and 4 bonus trains (7 Pax, 2 - Cargo - Red kite ;)

All won from a free ticket.

• I won Primus from a free ticket on an OJ server. But I didn't play actively there.