Elephant engine improvement

• I've tried out an Elephant for the first time. Those things are PAINFULLY slow. It takes forever to change routes with them. Why not double their speed and have them take up 2 engine house slots. That way they'd haul the same and be more useful.

• The elephant is an exceptional train.

If you know when and how to use it.

It is the best train in era 2. Much better than everyone else.

If improved, the balance between trains will be broken.

Although, I would enjoy an improvement ;)

• Surely the best train is the Lynx, as that is better than the elephant in most situations. The Elephant is certainly an exceptional train at the right time though.

depends on the server. Elephants are much better on SoE scenarios, and on servers with many people (.de, .ru).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• I play pretty much totally on SoE and have found the elephant to be better only opccasionally. I don't play de or RU servers though so numbers are low. EG Manchester on Loch Ness in #1/2 region only has about 10 players.

• elephants are better for half the goods, except if you have a hardcore organization with successive direct hauling every hour for specific 1-2 track goods.

but yeah depends on the city (some landmarks have more goods where elephants are great), number of people (below 20 usually it's not worth it), and organization (even though I think elephants are better than lynx in that case, because the organisation needed is way too consequent (and a single player missing the recalc messes everything up).

also one thing to take into account is that elephants benefit a lot from the +20km worker, whereas lynx do not.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• The Elephant is one of my favorite trains, but they are definitely an acquired taste. They are painfully slow - but its knowing how best to use them, I most often keep a fleet of Elephants and a fleet of Lynxs.

However I know a lot of people that choose not to use Elephants - but if you learn the best ways to use them, its definitely worth having a fleet.

Also I completely agree with the +20km an hour worker being of greater benefit to Elephants sacroima.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3