Let's talk about Masters 2 and Clash!

• Not trying to simply be a grouch here but Clash was up and running for a week counting your five played games and locking you out for it's timer after you were done. Yet when Clash started, apparently a day ago instead of on the 6th as announced nothing was posted and still hasn't posted to let players know you can play for record now. That's a whole missed day right there for points.

Here's a pinned announcement thread with all dates and the details: Clash! is back!

You will also find the dates from lobby when you click Clash!:

• Here's a pinned announcement thread with all dates and the details: Clash! is back!

You will also find the dates from lobby when you click Clash!:

As a written text - everything is OK!

But the problem is another.

The players are human.

People forget.

I almost missed the launch of Clash.

I don't play without points.

And there was no message that the points game was starting.

In addition, there was such a message last year.

• I saw the announcement at facebook yesterday that the clash had started. But I agree everything is announced almost daily before the events starting but at the real start date it's silent.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• Average score calculation still incorrect. Please fix it. It is counting the practice games in which you could not score any points, so the entire 'average score' ranking or comparison is completely useless now.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Honestly - Masters is an absolute farce right now. I’ve played other games where basically a stack of super rich Indian kids just basically took over everything as they spent lots of in game currency.. here it’s Russian kids..

Within 3 days of Masters one player had fully upgrade 3-5 buildings in the train station and is now their entire association is ‘investing’ 10 million into every factory around other players city’s (that they do not even haul from). At a time when most people only have a $20 mil bank if they play fairly.

Money ‘cheating’ is a sure way to kill a game.. this Masters is very poorly organized and run. It’s a shame as this game could have significant upside.. short term it may earn you guys some money but Soon you’ll have no players...

• Hello 8)

The clash! points/ranking will be changed so that it does not count the practice rounds (before ranked rounds), those practice rounds will be removed from the ranking this week.

• Hello is it possible to register for more than one qualifying server of Masters? I really picked the wrong server, and would like a fresh start. The other servers seems open, but I havent «dared» to click on them yet.

• You shouldn't see the other qualifying servers of Masters. I think I read somewhere its against the rules to register on more than one server. But all servers are in era 2 and its probably too late to register anyway.

• You shouldn't see the other qualifying servers of Masters. I think I read somewhere its against the rules to register on more than one server. But all servers are in era 2 and its probably too late to register anyway.

I guess so too. On my iPhone I see them though.

Never dared to click on one as I said.

Another question about Clash. Is it only possible to play on PC?

• I guess so too. On my iPhone I see them though.

Never dared to click on one as I said.

Another question about Clash. Is it only possible to play on PC?

last year, I could launch a game on my Iphone, but I couldn't play.

Saved me the points for 3rd place if I couldn't play from a pc the whole day still.

• So.... any chance of a "gold free" or "gold limited" masters qualification server next time you run a challenge like this? Then we could see who the real star players are? Or is there a reason why this isn't possible?

Please don't get me wrong - I don't have an issue with the idea of purchasing gold. I understand the business model of in game purchases enabling "free to play" games to get the technical and player support that makes a game worth playing, and I happily purchase gold myself (I find playing without a plus account annoying!); but in the context of a skill based challenge, high gold expenditure makes a big difference to peoples' potential result.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ghoti ().

• So.... any chance of a "gold free" or "gold limited" masters qualification server next time you run a challenge like this? Then we could see who the real star players are? Or is there a reason why this isn't possible?

Please don't get me wrong - I don't have an issue with the idea of purchasing gold. I understand the business model of in game purchases enabling "free to play" games to get the technical and player support that makes a game worth playing, and I happily purchase gold myself (I find playing without a plus account annoying!); but in the context of a skill based challenge, high gold expenditure makes a big difference to peoples' potential result.

Hi Ghoti, we had an entry fee server before Masters 2. With 2k purchased Gold, you would get 20k Gold during the round and that was it. Did you have a chance to try it out?

Here's a blog post of the special server: Rail Nation Birthday Festival - Free browser-based online strategy game - Rail Nation

• Why is my clash train slower than other clash trains? Like, im starting same time with other guy, draw the route before train stops at some mid-points, and still i come late. Sometimes I cover 2 spots and opponent covers 3.

• Why is my clash train slower than other clash trains? Like, im starting same time with other guy, draw the route before train stops at some mid-points, and still i come late. Sometimes I cover 2 spots and opponent covers 3.

To be fast.

The train must be in constant motion.

It's easy - You never stop!

All trains have the same speed, but horizontal routes are longer than diagonal routes.

• This is what I think about masters 2, I posted this in the Portuguese community, but since RN doesn't care about small communities but with good players (check the first round played by Target 1 in black forest COMM301) there is none who commented.

I used Google translator, sorry about any miss understood.

"Masters 2 allstars - I think this name for this server was badly chosen, first of all it seems that the RN team was expecting to have a maximum of 12,500 players (as it opened 3 servers with a possibility of 2 more with a maximum limit of 2,500 players per server), adding all active players on the only 3 servers with only 2 servers would be sufficient, meaning that in the final there will be more than half of the players currently active. I am talking at this moment because for those who are happy to play this game they are very disappointed with the monetary investment that some players have already made (we are just talking in the qualifying round) so there are about 75% (estimated by me) of the players on this server that seeing such inequality between those who spend hundreds of Euros to those who spend just one, will cause this masters 2 to be another fiasco of the RN team. Financially speaking, it seems that Travian and Bright Future would rather have a small number of players (25) paying 50 € (on average) to play than a large number of players (75) paying 20 € failing to keep up. competitiveness in the game (which is what makes us want to continue playing).

Speaking of the game itself, I'm connected to 4 cities on the M23 server that the last 3 days haven't had a single gold competition, scratch cards with gold I don't have one yet, trainspotters appear at the upper limit for which they are scheduled and and with Does this difference between who is in 1st and who is 2nd expect me to spend money to buy gold? Because you are wrong knowing that I will not get much benefit from buying gold the most certain is that when you finish my plus account stop playing and so of about 1000 players on that server become only 999 and so on. Today is me tomorrow will be another after another, etc.

There is no competitiveness in the game and this is killing most servers .....

Going back to the server name, maybe you should change the name to "masters 2 allmoneystars"

Rmtcp."

GOOD-BYE RAIL NATION