Let's talk about Masters 2 and Clash!

• Welcome to Rail Nation MasterCards 2!

All€stars

Money always wins here!

As a player who plays for free.

I'm very glad there are players who fund the game so well :)

I don't like games that are pay to win.

I also know that every amazing and free game has to be funded.

I think this game is doing a really good balance till now.

If you don't have euros or dollars with wagons.

You may have goals that make your game interesting.

An example of such goals is:

- Being among the first 100/1000 players

- Make your team in the top 10/100

- Playing for fun no matter the position

I want to express my great thanks to all who, with their generosity, make this game possible!

---------------------------------------

p.s.

Maybe some players still think they are playing in

Rail Nation - Masters 2

Allstars

But others know that this is just the official name of the event.

The truth is that some parts of the original name have been changed to make it sound better.

The original name of this event is

Rail Nation - Mastercards 2

All€stars

Money always wins here!

8o

• I don't understand.

You cannot delete your avatar from the Master Qualifying Server.

Why?

I started to play but I find the server uninteresting, I can not delete and recover the gold purchased.:cursing:

The gold you have will not be lost.

You will receive it after the end of the Masters.

• This is mentioned in the Lobby:

Please note:

Once you have chosen a qualification game world, you can no longer register for any other world or delete your avatar. So make sure you talk with your friends first if you want to play in the same game world.

And the comment below is from this thread:

What will happen with Gold and Plus Account after finishing?

Gold/Plus that has not been used can be transferred to any another game server after the player completes the tournament. When moving from qualification servers to the Final, all unused Gold/Plus are transferred automatically to the Final.

• Thanks, HMR.

I am rather surprised, however, by the inability to delete the avatar

Free browser-based online strategy game - Rail Nation

• I just played 2 consecutive games of clash against the same pair. I say 'pair' deliberately. Unfortunately I wasn't on the ball enough to note their nics … it was 11.30pm and I have switched that part of my brain off by then :) . The yellow player's game plan was to head straight up the right hand side of the field and into my corner thus totally disabling me and leaving the field open to his blue colleague. Every now and then if there was a good that he could collect on the way he diverted but only briefly then it was straight into my corner or into my trail.

I've heard players talk about such tactics but never seen them before!

• mgc : between the bad generation and the people that target you because you have a "high ranking" and such, basically anyone scoring more than 27 out of 30 (which is already 4 top1 and 1 top2) on average should be looked at (doesn't look like anybody scores that much atm). But I'm sure RN will pay extreme attention to the games as the scores become multiplied (and cheating the last 2 days would basically mean gaining 20 points per day against the top dogs, while now it's only 4-8).

I've come across a few things when playing as well. Some of those :

- what you mentionned (targeted by someone)

- losing connection to the game for a few seconds repeatedly (might have come from me, maybe? strange it happened only during one game though, made me think of DDOS by the particular player when he was down)

- two players probably knowing each other, thus avoiding to play against one another. That one is particularly tough to not finish 3rd.

the thing I would say is most painful, is the "random" generation. Sometimes you can't win. It's just not possible. As long as everybody experiences it as much, it's fine. I hope it's the case :)

I'm sure it's impossible to implement on such short notice, but for future clash events : Would it be possible to automatically record the games of the top1-5-10, so that people could watch them (the day after only for example). That would be awesome for improving by learning what the best do, and much more.

but it's difficult to say if you are targeted because they know each other, or because you made the guy finish third last round or the day before, and he wants to destroy you to annoy you.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• that two players team up together at the clash isn't new. That happened also during the previous games. Is it fair, no. There is again lots of cheating going on

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• But is that cheating? Giving room to your friend by cutting the path from 3rd player, vice versa.

How often does it happen that two people who know each other work together in Clash!?

How easy is it to tell those pairs apart from those who just happen to play that way?

• But is that cheating? Giving room to your friend by cutting the path from 3rd player, vice versa.

How often does it happen that two people who know each other work together in Clash!?

How easy is it to tell those pairs apart from those who just happen to play that way?

It's very easy to play together with two against someone else. If you don't start together keep returning to the lobby before the clash game starts and keep entering until you can start together. It's just that easy.
    Also high ranked players have this same method if they are paired with other high rank players. They keep returning to the lobby until they are matched with less expierenced players

This way of playing is for me also cheating

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• It's very easy to play together with two against someone else. If you don't start together keep returning to the lobby before the clash game starts and keep entering until you can start together. It's just that easy.
    Also high ranked players have this same method if they are paired with other high rank players. They keep returning to the lobby until they are matched with less expierenced players

This way of playing is for me also cheating

Interesting, I had no idea people did that.

Master of Who-Learned-To-Play-The-System :/

You start a game, you don't like your odds (no friends or tough competition you do not want to go against) - you just refresh the game until you know you will win? Is this how it works?

Now that is what I would call cheating - yes. But then again the matches are capped (to 5) each day and you will lose one of your chances for points making the refresh-tactic not so smart move...

• Interesting, I had no idea people did that.

Master of Who-Learned-To-Play-The-System :/

You start a game, you don't like your odds (no friends or tough competition you do not want to go against) - you just refresh the game until you know you will win? Is this how it works?

Now that is what I would call cheating - yes. But then again the matches are capped each day. Doesn't it count this?

This is exactly how it's done by a group of cheaters, you don't have to be a master to do this, it's a way of cheating RN did create themselves. You can endlessly go back to the lobby without losing a turn before the game has started. If that's taken out this kind of cheating isn't possible anymore.

• Is it cheating or gaming the system though? For me thats gaming the system, but I don't understand why one would want to play with a friend. I would try to avoid that because there can be only one winner and my friends want to win as much as I.

Luckily, I didn't run into any cheaters this time. The last time Clash was live I had the dubious pleasure. One player only caring about crashing me but didn't even trying to get points. Or the ones where only one of the opponents was moving but never both at the same time…

• When the First Clash went.

2 years ago.

It happened to play two games one after the other with a friend.

And we played against the third.

We won 1 win each.

Since it's supposed to be 1 against 1 against 1, yeah I would consider that cheating. Cutting the 1st player when he is ahead of you and the third is far out of the game would be correct though. >> tough to judge.

3 times over the event at this point maybe ? so 1 out of 20. When I see one, I wait for a few seconds before playing my next games to not go against them a second time though.

Now that is what I would call cheating - yes. But then again the matches are capped (to 5) each day and you will lose one of your chances for points making the refresh-tactic not so smart move...

Actually, you don't lose 1 of your chances as long as the game hasn't started. Which is how they do it. Wait in the lobby, see a top10/100 arrive >> leave. Wait a few seconds, restart.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• It had not occurred to me till I read your comments that targeting a player like that doesn't necessarily mean that they are playing together … that could just have been a coincidence. In the light of day I realise that if you always target one player and totally disable them but make sure to pick up the occasionally goods that randomly lie in your path then you will always get 2nd place and the points that go with it. It was not pleasant but it is a strategy that the game allows and therefore not cheating.

• I'm personally quite bad at clash, but I think it's a general positive.

Masters hmmm....

+ For it being express, wont be as drawn out and static as the origin thing.

- For having to play a final round after the qualifier. it would be better to get the thing done in 1 round.

Now excuse me, I've got a train line to run!

Just came across someone purposefully crashing himself against me. Managed to grab second though. Where do we report cheaters like that ?

Pretty annoying to lose points to that behaviour (especially when the first guy seems to manage to get 60 easily every day these days, as if that was possible with the generation and the crazies around LOL).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• Just came across someone purposefully crashing himself against me. Managed to grab second though. Where do we report cheaters like that ?

Pretty annoying to lose points to that behaviour (especially when the first guy seems to manage to get 60 easily every day these days, as if that was possible with the generation and the crazies around LOL).

There are no rules against cutting the route / crashing purposefully, and if there was - it could be hard to prove something like that. So, to my knowledge, no way to report players who are using "dirty tactics"

I would rather think of ways how to make the next Clash! (if there ever will be one) better.