it’s an open secret that we are working on a map (including changed gameplay). It’s a bit too early to share all details or a timeline, nothing is set in stone, but we can already tell you that cooperation will most likely be a big focus for this map. In simple terms, not just cities and associations have to work together, but the entire server.
This doesn’t only change the goal of the game and the gameplay in general, but also creates a new challenge: Server wide communication & strategy.
While it’s of course possible and fun to play this map with everyone just doing their own thing and maybe at least associations following a certain strategy, it would be even better if players on a server would be able to communicate a specific strategy effectively. Of course we do have a chat and a forum, but if an entire server gets involved in one chat to discuss a common strategy, things might get a bit messy.
We already have a few solutions in mind, but aren’t really perfectly happy with any of them, mostly because we are not 100% sure what a perfect solution would look like for you. That’s why we are asking you: How would you solve or reduce this problem? What would work? What wouldn’t? Why?
A few additional questions you could think about:
- Should the strategy be defined by a certain group of people?
- How are those people selected?
- Should there be votes?
- Would association leaders be an option to form this group of people?
- What would be a good way to encourage (not force!) players to follow the decision (for example to level a certain city) of this certain group?
- What if someone in that group doesn’t do his job?
So please share and discuss your ideas > here <, we would love to hear your thoughts.
Your Rail Nation Team.