Final round & Prestige distribution

• Another Final Round and always the same feelings that something is wrong...

Something is unfair and players are taking advantages of it.

What i'm talking about is how prestige is distributed in the fianal Round.

We see newly born association just before final round, winning too much prestige in comparaison to those who hauled so much...

If we have a major association with 20+ member in the final round, most of them will be at a great disavantage compared to a 2nd association of new comers that haul a minimum of goods and still won tons of prestige; something is wrong !

Prestige that depends on your position should depends on the amount of goods you haul too.

Example of prestige you won with actual rules :

1 asso : 1st=1170 ; 2nd=878 ; 3rd=702; 4th=585; 5th=491

but the 2nd asso will start at : 1st=842 etc... why ??? even if you haul 5t ??? i can't agree with that

It must depend on the qty of goods you haul. If it was fair the first hauler of asso2 should not win more prestige than any player of Asso that have hauled more than him.

The First association should earn more prestige because the whole association is hauling more than the 2nd one. (they should have a bonus for that).

But now, if only 1 player in the second asso haul 5t, he will won 842 prestige point ? the same as the the 2nd best hauler of the first Asso... not fair at all.

>> There should be a multiplicator; a % calculated on the Qty hauled by ASSO1/ Qty hauled by ASSO 2 :

for example, it will change the 842 ppt to a more deserve 84 ppt after total qty are compared.

I think this game is based on management, on how players handle their shedules, how theywork together to achieve lvl up and how much you can Haul RG to city ... and not based on our capacity to earn prestige point without doing anything at all.

• see

Final/EG - Needs to be improved?

&

&

• After reading the other post, i completly agree with you...

the distribution of prestige point is not good : are we a team ? if the answer is yes, we should win nearly the same amount of prestige points (when working together) with only a slight difference... (for example 100%, 95%, 90%, etc... ) this system would reward players that focus on doing re-appro duty, players wasting time checking if evrything is ok and moves their train to lower waiting times when it's needed.

• Yeah, its a common complaint.

What I don’t like is the huge disparity in PP given between one top rank and the next within an association. There are times when someone will haul 30k tons for 2k pp and the next person is within a few hundred of 30k and only gets 1.5k pp. That isnt fair and doesnt promote teammork, it promotes competition within the team.

• Maybe go for the option during the endgame you only receive PP at your home city. Will also reduce trolling

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• An example of why the actual system is quite stupid in good corps.

2000 tons difference between the first (1300 PP) and last (220 PP). Because I couldn't get the others on the screen at the same time.

The system as it is, encourages people to get a headstart. Or other detrimental behavior. This is extremely difficult to handle for the president and delegates.

• On the flip side of the issue you often times have three corporations that are all hauling well during the EG. It is possible that the top hauler in the second or third corporation has hauled more than anyone in the top corporation. So if the argument is to change the current system to one that supports who hauls the most then simply let that be based on individual tonnage hauled. Then a percentage of that prestige earned by each player then goes to that players corporation as well.

Don't fix one problem by creating another! If you tilt the game so that only the top corporation can win anything then there is no use playing the game.

• On the flip side of the issue you often times have three corporations that are all hauling well during the EG. It is possible that the top hauler in the second or third corporation has hauled more than anyone in the top corporation. So if the argument is to change the current system to one that supports who hauls the most then simply let that be based on individual tonnage hauled. Then a percentage of that prestige earned by each player then goes to that players corporation as well.

Don't fix one problem by creating another! If you tilt the game so that only the top corporation can win anything then there is no use playing the game.

I think the repartition between the associations is already great. Being top association is slightly better than being second. And that shouldn't change. This option is what makes this game a team game after all.

But inside an association, the repartition is heavily in favor of the top 1-5. And that is sad for the 20 other teammates that participate almost as much in EG.

• How about dividing up the total prestige awarded for a good based on the % hauled by each player?

4 players

Player 1: 1000 tons hauled

Player 2: 900 tons hauled

Player 3: 800 tons hauled

Player 4: 700 tons hauled.

Total hauled = 3400 tons

Prestige to player 1 = TotalPP * (1000/3400)

Prestige to player 2 = TotalPP * (900/3400)

Prestige to player 3 = TotalPP * (800/3400)

Prestige to player 4 = TotalPP * (700/3400)

This would solve the disparities caused by very small differences in tons hauled and reduce the incentive to jump start the call.

This would reduce the incentive for players to put a single slot train on each good on the board ruining the wait time for everyone else who is cooperating. The jerks would be getting only a few PP for what is now a very selfish activity demoralizing to everyone who is cooperating to win.

• Right now you are hugely penalized for waiting for the call, reading it carefully, making sure you go to the CALLED facility (rather than an alternative that you might have anticipated), and most frustratingly, having to reload the page because the server hung when you pressed "Let's Go" on the train scheduler.

• It is a very perverse game when your competitor is trying to level your city and you are doing everything you can to avoid leveling. There were some good thoughts in this archived thread.

The city leveling period (Eras 1-6) should be a separate competition from End Game. There should bonuses for city rank at the end of Era 6, but End Game should start at the same time for everyone, and there should be no penalty for having a higher level city.

How about this structure?

48 goods and PAX. End Game starts the same time for every city. 1 hour for each good. 48 hours for PAX. Best total wins End Game (with proper adjustment between tons and passengers). The required good is the same for each city every hour. Synchronize the facility recalculations to the start of End Game. Prestige points are awarded for Home City Rank during End Game. Prestige points are awarded for player rank in Home City. Each player gets credit only for goods hauled to their home city.

• 48 goods and PAX. End Game starts the same time for every city. 1 hour for each good. 48 hours for PAX. Best total wins End Game (with proper adjustment between tons and passengers). The required good is the same for each city every hour. Synchronize the facility recalculations to the start of End Game. Prestige points are awarded for Home City Rank during End Game. Prestige points are awarded for player rank in Home City. Each player gets credit only for goods hauled to their home city.

An interesting idea ! A small adjustment I would make is this :

rather than having every megacity delivering the same good each hour, there should be someone (the mayor?) that has the option to choose which good to call. Of course, the rest stays the same (each good can only be transported once, etc). And you would have to balance the map (right now you have huge discrepancies between cities, which would make this specific endgame unbalanced).

• Well you can always ask the developer to split the prestige in the End Game or even the main game

So you get PP points for how much your asso has hauled and PP points on how much you hauled and then you add them up. So if your asso is 1st you get e.g. 1.000 PP and because you were 12th of all people in the city (incl other asso) you get another 250 while the 1st guy (irrespective asso) will get eg 1000 PP.

But do note that my belief is, this will make it even more difficult to stop outsiders to start hauling crazily - you will probalby cause more problems than you fix. Also the developers might not like it because this all comes from players who are not spending crazy money, and they want the crazy money people to create the wealth.

Food for thought as I believe you will never find a system that makes all happy, maybe not fix sth that is not broken? Probably changing anything in the EG will cause more discussions than solutions.

By the way, I like the current system, as long as people respect the city. Personally I setup a network around a city that doesn't go to EG so I use my fast trains to haul some staff to the other megacities (like 10-15 tons etc) and this way I can use those unneeded industries and make some small prestige with the current system that will increase my gold earnings without affecting the city... so I am good with it

• At the moment though, as far as I am aware, you can actually earn more PP by not playing the game until near the end of EG than you can during the game.

Wait until near the end of era 6 and join the server in a city you think will win the eg. If it does win you gain 100k prestige plus what you earn during the EG, whereas some people who have played during the whole game may have earned less than 100k due to how they play.

• Wait until near the end of era 6 and join the server in a city you think will win the eg. If it does win you gain 100k prestige plus what you earn during the EG, whereas some people who have played during the whole game may have earned less than 100k due to how they play.

You got the numbers wrong. It's 10k prestige if your home city wins (5k if you've the winning city connected). 100k prestige are for the region win on Europe.

• Sorry, I was talking about Europe, which is where I spend all of my time. You are correct saying that it is the region not the city, but the message still applies, just that it is even easier to select the winning region..

• The other thing that annoys me are the people not even trying to play the game.

We have them at the moment on both servers I am playing - quite likely to be #1 region and we have players coming to join the region and don't even buy an engine, just run their CE by itself, yet they will still get the rewards for being in the top region.

There should be some minimum requirements to earning the rewards.