Endgame Question

• Hypothetical ….

Hauling for a megacity in a classic scenario and neither the online good nor the offline good can be hauled by this player's career engine and bonus engines. Player has 3 choices … 1) park trains 2) go away to a corner totally out of any megacity catchment area and farm 3) go to same corner and haul required goods from there to the megacity.

Question …

It seems from people's reactions that 1 & 2 are acceptable but 3 is not? Why? Is it that people assume that the player is hauling from within megacity catchment or is there something about the game that I have missed?

• It's because most people don't really understand / pay attention to how wait times actually work.

It's much easier to see "oh, he delivered 200 tons to the city, he must be detroying our wait times" than actually looking at what the player is doing.

For your 3 cases, I would say 2 is optimal (gaining some money for further wagons), 3 is the second best option (not really useful, but still might make a difference once), and 1 is the "easy way" to tell people what to do, which is why 1 is often the only option given to people.

• When you choose option three, the best you can do is announce it at the city forum what you haul from which location. People than know you are keeping the city industries clean from wait times.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• It seems from people's reactions that 1 & 2 are acceptable but 3 is not? Why? Is it that people assume that the player is hauling from within megacity catchment or is there something about the game that I have missed?

Because sadly experience shows that most of the time the player is hauling from nearby industries and not from far far away. So people don't bother to first look at the train and just start to complain.

• Thanks for the replies. That's what I thought. I just wanted to check I hadn't missed something

Option 1 seems a waste and only useful if you haven't built any track away from the city. Option 2 is the most useful option for most purposes. As far as I can see option 3 is the most useful option when one is playing for prestige.

When you choose option three, the best you can do is announce it at the city forum what you haul from which location. People than know you are keeping the city industries clean from wait times.

Good point.

• Hello,

There is a formula behind each set the comes up in End Game?

We had a very bad experience to have in the second set 3 Era 6 factories and 1 cars from era 5 - all level 1 factories:

Lines
    Coal 1
    Grain 1
    Sheet Metal (Rolling mill) 3
    Windows 5
    Wires (Wiremaker) 3
    Pastries (Bakery) 4
    Textiles (Weaving Mill) 5
    Iron (Ironworks) 2
    Cars 7
    Electronics 5
    Sport Goods 6
    Pharmaceuticals 6

Maybe you should improve this because it is frustrating to play End Game after 3 month to have this.

I'm talking about the RO2 Server. End Game is right now.

Thanks,

Gotic

• Yes, but you can do some balance like no more then 2 era 6 goods per set (and many other improvments). I can't imagine that Eng Game it's just a dice game. You don't play 3 month to dice at the end.

• Too many people listen to the so called experts and the whole Mega City fails. Follow your own game play. Get rid of on-line and off -line calls.

• The worst is when the controller, calls what industry to play from. Hello waiting time is 10 minutes . I,m going haul out of the called play.

End games are very abusive especially for chairs. Its not even their game play at fault.

Behind every player there is a real person.

Each association should call their own game play in an EG.

• The worst is when the controller, calls what industry to play from. Hello waiting time is 10 minutes . I,m going haul out of the called play.

End games are very abusive especially for chairs. Its not even their game play at fault.

Behind every player there is a real person.

Each association should call their own game play in an EG.

So you want to extend EG by complicating it? I guarantee that any city following your method will fail in EG.

• I usually put my career train supplying a facility that has a wait time problem. For example, haul textiles to the car facility. It is best to ask first and get permission from the caller.

"Each association should call their own game play in an EG."

This behavior would be rightfully interpreted as sabotage.

• Supplying a factory with a wait time problem only increases the problem: your supplies lower the WT for the people hauling wrongly, hence they will actually haul more tons, thus increase the occupancy rate and thus drive up the WT. Also notice that any supply vanishes within minutes when a good is called.

The things one could do with a career like this (except just doing the upgrades), is putting it the offline (if any and possible), haul some $$ in another city or just park it.

• the most common mistake during endgames is supplying

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Watch your thoughts because they can become words

Watch your words because they become your deeds

Watch your deeds because they become your habits

Watch your habits because they become your character

Watch your character because it will become your destiny

• I should have clarified. The facility supplied is the offline call. The people are not hauling incorrectly, but they are hauling continuously. Now, some of the people are hauling direct rather than integrated which causes supply issues. In some cases, one of the supplies was on the current board when the offline good was called, so nobody is hauling that good for supply.

Consider my previous example of Cars. Let's further say that Textiles was one of the remaining goods on the current board when Cars was called as offline good. Nobody is supplying Textiles to Cars, so the supply of Textiles will often be zero. Once Textiles is cleared from the board, this becomes a good candidate for career engines to supply to the offline car facility, especially if there is Textile facility near the Car facility.

• the most common mistake during endgames is supplying

If this were true, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. The most common mistake during endgames is people hauling something that has not been called.

Some of the people who do this do not know any better. Hopefully they can be educated.

Some of the people who do this do know better, but they don't care if their extra few PP ruins the experience for 24 other players. These players are selfish.

Some of the people who do this do know better, but they take pleasure in ruining things for other players. These players are sociopaths.

• Wait until you get a board with Cars, 4 Era 6 goods, 0 x 1 track goods, 1 x 2 track goods.

I think it would be an improvement to have no more than 2 Era 6 goods and no more than 1 x 1 track good on any board.