The Museum is an element of the game that is wasted.
Its only current utility is to exchange trains.
Therefore, I consider that certain modifications could be implemented, such as:
1. Convert into a Building, with presence in the Player Station.
The objective of this building is still the same: Save trains that we do not want to use.
But now, because it is a building, it must have levels. The maximum level of the Museum will depend on half of the sum of the 3 Buildings that will be Bonus: Restaurant, Shopping Center and Hotel. Thus, the maximum level that can be reached in the Museum will be 48. The one that depends on the level of other buildings, alters the game dynamics forcing the player to develop these three buildings as well. Thus, the Museum will become a Building with more importance even than the Engine House.
In addition and this is important: It is limited to 8 levels per Era.
Likewise, the level of the Museum determines the amount of trains that can be housed in it (Regardless to the number of trains in service, which determines the Engine House). This amount of trains that the Museum can accommodate could be determined by:
(100% + (nEra * 10)) * (lvlMuseum +1)
Thus, for example for Era 1, with Museum level 4, the total of Trains that can be stored in the Museum destined to:
(100% + (1 * 10)) * (4 +1) = (100% + 10) * (5) = 110% * 5 = 5.5.
In this case, so that the player can save one more train in the Museum, this building may rise +1 level.
As an example, I provide the progression, for Era 1 and next, for Era 6:
|Museum Level||Total Engines|
|1||2,2 = 2|
|2||3,3 = 3|
|3||4,4 = 4|
|4||5,5 = 6|
|5||6,6 = 7|
|6||7,7 = 8|
|7||8,8 = 9|
|8||9,9 = 10|
|Museum Level||Total Engines|
|41||67,2 = 67|
|42||68,8 = 69|
|43||70,4 = 70|
|44||72 = 72|
|45||73,6 = 74|
|46||75,2 = 75|
|47||76,8 = 77|
|48||78,4 = 78|
In total 78 Trains with this formula would be housed.
Of course, improving the Museum implies a cost and a prize in Prestige Points, like any Building.
Using the Museum as a Building energizes several things:
- There is more to invest in money, slightly altering the simple dynamics of the current Museum.
- More Prestige Points are generated.
- The amount of money that the player can hold is much more limited.
2. Museum fixed in a city: That the museum is always fixed in a single city, of course where what happened was built. Thus, the dynamics of Reactivating a train of the Museum are altered and that "dynamically" in another city different from the Base city of the player. That is, if I have the Museum in city X and I want to reactivate my trains, it will be in that city that I start. The magic not even with gold
Although if administrators prefer to leave that dummy variable, then it costs gold (additional to "Instant Reactivation").
Perhaps for an experienced player this does not cause too much inconvenience... but it does give a little more difficulty to those who usually exchange trains for competitions and jump from city to city. If in all ways the option of appearing in another city be kept, it should costs gold at a rate of 5 per train, I say. So who wants to jump from one city to another and also not wait 10 minutes, need to pay 8 gold for each train.
1 + 2: It would be much more interesting combining the two proposals: That the Museum be Building and be built in a specific city.