Association spam

• Hey,

A player asks to join our corp every time we refuse him. Any way to stop that ?

Pretty annoying to get the green notification...

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

If an active team wants to try new strategies on an E v W scenario (winning EvW agressively), I might be down for it > pm me :)

• Hey,

Have you contacted the player yet, that unfortunately there is no room for new members in your association?

In the asso window you can only switch between automatically accepting new applicants or not. But have you tried the 'ignore' from the player profile if that helps with the notifications?

• Hey,

We have the same issue with a player who is asking for years to join our asso. We send him, I lost count, lots of messages in different languages and he keeps applying. Sometimes multiple times per day. It is very annouying

I would be very happy if there is an option you can block someone for applying.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Let's add this to the list of suggestions/wishes then.

Would it be the chair who only has this permission to block someone from sending applications?

If someone keeps sending applications multiple times per day and does not respond to any messages, ever - to me it sounds like intentional spamming and can be reported to game support.

Would it be the chair who only has this permission to block someone from sending applications?

If someone keeps sending applications multiple times per day and does not respond to any messages, ever - to me it sounds like intentional spamming and can be reported to game support.

I think the option to be able to block people from applying should be permitted for chairs and deputies.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Is there any progress with the question to be able to block people from applying? We are almost 5 moths further in time. That player keeps applying despite all personal messages we send him back. Every round again and again

• Is there any progress with the question to be able to block people from applying? We are almost 5 moths further in time. That player keeps applying despite all personal messages we send him back. Every round again and again

I will ask and get back to you. I do hear it is pretty simple to just ignore the application and forget it, but based on comments in this thread that's not always the case?

In the meantime, would you care to share a screenshot of the application screen (with someone applying) and/or tell in more detail how it is an issue you "can't" just ignore.

• Hi Samisu , thank you for your quick answer.

The applications you can't ignore, RN will remind you off them all the time. At three places you will see notifications of new applications, first at your asso icon at the bottom of the sreen, second if you open your asso screen at the right top corner and 3 the application. the screenshots are in Dutch because it is from the Dutch server Stoomketel. People can apply also when an association has all spots occupied, that shouldn't be possible.

To go back to the initial question, why isn't it possible to set people at a block list so they can't apply. The same as the ignore list you can make personally but than an ignore list at association level.

regards Naike

• Okay, I just heard we already have an improvement for this on our list. No schedule yet, but the main thing is no one has forgotten your wish to have the uninvited green balls gone.

thanks for your feedback, does this mean we also can block people, whom you don't want to be part of your asso, in the future to apply? Because that is the question. Not to remove the notifications about applicants.

• thanks for your feedback, does this mean we also can block people, whom you don't want to be part of your asso, in the future to apply? Because that is the question. Not to remove the notifications about applicants.

To me these two go hand in hand. I don't have any further details but I understand the need to block a player from applying - perhaps in a way that they don't know they have been blocked :saint:

• Great, we will be very happy once this update will be ready to be implemented. Litterally can't wait ;)

Today I decided to make it official and I reported it to the Dutch game support as spam, as you suggested a few posts before this, but unfortunately they can't do anything about it.. apparently game support doesn't have the tools to help us with this issue.

But thanks for your help Samisu, much appreciated!

• apparently game support doesn't have the tools to help us with this issue.

They have tools to take down spammers. It is just that they don't want too. Just point Dutch Support to Samisu's message here. Then if they still not do anything, they should be removed as support.

Other example was I reported a person for some behaviour that was fishy. General feedback was yeah, oke. (comment removed)

Then last but not least, because an account issue I ask to delete my old account. Later I knowtisched that the account was not deleted, but only the avatars removed from the servers. And so my old account still exist here on forum.

See no other way then stop with this game

• They have tools to take down spammers. It is just that they don't want too. Just point Dutch Support to Samisu's message here. Then if they still not do anything, they should be removed as support.

Other example was I reported a person for some behaviour that was fishy. General feedback was yeah, oke. (comment removed)

Then last but not least, because an account issue I ask to delete my old account. Later I knowtisched that the account was not deleted, but only the avatars removed from the servers. And so my old account still exist here on forum.

Tools for spammers/harassment: Only tool is -> contact game support and have them handle it. Support will never share what they did or will do about a reported player. Another thing worth mentioning, reporting a player does not always mean they have done something that's against the rules. If for example a player applies a few times to an association, nothing wrong with that.

Generally speaking, if it can be proven that someone is spamming and harassing other players on purpose and there's a clear pattern, it usually leads to a warning or ban if nothing else helps.

Reporting multiaccounts: Thank you for reporting a fishy player. I removed the account names from your message since that's between the player(s) who possibly violated the rules and support. Forum is not a good place to post the names of fishy players, we have other routes for that.

Account deletion: Please send a message about your other account (if you still can access it) to game support and tell them you wish that whole account and all information about it to be deleted. There was probably some sort of communication issue, hard to say, but we do delete accounts when requested. You can fill this: Support : Rail Nation and remember to add the email address there you used to register the account you wish to be removed.

• Tools for spammers/harassment: Generally speaking, if it can be proven that someone is spamming and harassing other players on purpose and there's a clear pattern, it usually leads to a warning or ban if nothing else helps.

Reporting multiaccounts: Thank you for reporting a fishy player. I removed the account names from your message since that's between the player(s) who possibly violated the rules and support. Forum is not a good place to post the names of fishy players, we have other routes for that.

Account deletion: Please send a message about your other account (if you still can access it) to game support and tell them you wish that whole account and all information about it to be deleted. There was probably some sort of communication issue, hard to say, but we do delete accounts when requested. You can fill this: Support : Rail Nation and remember to add the email address there you used to register the account you wish to be removed.

1.: Based on what previous players told, it is not just few times. But are lazy to do any investigation or take action.

2.: Reported but again seems they are too lazy to do any investigation as I can find out in few minutes his other 2.

3.: Shall I post every email to support as proof I asked to delete full account instead off pull only from servers? Because of this a player with name starting with O. claimed in Chat that I am a liar.

See no other way then stop with this game

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mülleimer™ ().

• 1.: Based on what previous players told, it is not just few times. But are lazy to do any investigation or take action.

2.: Reported but again seems they are too lazy to do any investigation as I can find out in few minutes his other 2.

3.: Shall I post every email to support as proof I asked to delete full account instead off pull only from servers? Because of this a player with name starting with O. claimed in Chat that I am a liar.

3: If you have an account you wish to be removed, contact support either from the account you wish to be deleted, or by creating a new ticket here: Support : Rail Nation (and add the email address there you used when registering the account you wish to be removed). We need to know you are the owner of the account by confirming you also own the email address connected to that account - that's all the proof we need. Add to the ticket (message to support) that your previous request only lead to removal of avatars, not the account.