Video Rewards

• First, I want to thank the developers for fixing the broken video problem. I have played 8 days on Crankshaft without a single broken video. I really appreciate this effort.

2nd, I want to post results on 1,000 consecutive video rewards.

1x Cash: 605

2x Cash: 129

5Gold Lottery Ticket Discount: 19

10G LT Discount: 24

15G LT Discount: 39

20G LT Discount: 55

Research Points: 22

Rail Car Vouchers: 97

Lottery Tickets: 10

So, what you think? Are the rewards worth the time to watch videos? It helps if you can do something else at the same time.

• thank you for this data !

Now let's do some maths to explain why this is extremely useful rewards the first day :)

If you are alone in your corp (or if you organize with your friends so that they let you because you want top1 for example, etc) :

25 members = 75 videos straight up. + 75 every 3 hours. = approximately 333 possible videos the first day until midnight. 1/3 of the rewards you mentionned in your post. If you watch videos the whole 9 hours, it's feasible and you have some spare time.

1x cash = 1'000$$ at this level. Rail cars vouchers = 10'000$$ (you buy and sell a board or cow car).

With those 2 rewards alone, you just got a free level 6 engine house and bank 4 or 5 (don't recall). In addition, you have the cash to permanently build the restaurant (it's relatively cheap, and takes a while).

and not to mention the 7 research points that make you hit the rhinoceros relatively quickly.

In addition, with all those buildings you managed to build, and redeeming the starter package before going to bed, you have more trains that anyone else (you can even go to 1'000 PP at 2am or a bit earlier, and get the bonus train at that point).

You will get the most income on the server easily, and will have a nice headstart against any competition, without paying any gold.

Now for the lottery tickets, they usually pay off 6-7 gold / ticket I think (at least that was the case 2 years ago when I did calculcate it). So if you don't spend any money, but have some gold stock, you can purchase 25 extra lottery tickets, in addition to all the $$ we talked about. This + the 25 tickets from tuto and super starter is a guaranteed 2 bonus engines usually, and tons of vouchers, which are all worth extreme amounts of money.

Obviously, nobody is ever gonna get that many videos watched on a classic server because the assumptions made are way too optimistic. Could be feasible on an express one though (but I don't like those).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf

The post was edited 1 time, last by sacroima ().

• I am collecting data on Lottery tickets. So far, they are paying off 3 gold per ticket after 62 tickets. Of course, there are other goodies in there, such as +24 hour Plus Account and Instant Building Upgrade Vouchers which are very valuable. I was buying the 5GP discount tickets, but I have stopped. I will report the Lottery Ticket data when I get a bonus engine. I am running the collections between bonus engines to determine mean time to bonus engine rather than a fixed number until I have some idea of how rare the bonus engines are. I am guessing they are less than 1% of tickets.

• Here are the chances from the Masters server. Of course it all depends on your lottery building level, the era you are in and which prizes you already have maxed out. There are things you can do to improve your chances of getting a bonus engine as well, like not using your clothing vouchers etc! Keep them, so the chance of getting those is 0%, which increases your chance of better rewards.

There is some old info somewhere in a dev blog stating that if you scratched 1 ticket every day, the chance of you winning a bonus engine by the end of the round was about 50% (classic, normal speed server). This roughly translates as about 1% per ticket, which seems to be confirmed by the Master server chance information.

I don't know for sure, but if you add the chance of getting a passenger bonus engine as well, it doubles (2% total or 1% each). The Primus is much more rare at 0,1%.

Anyway, take a look at this data, hope it helps (I have several possible rewards maxed out here, at 0% so the data is not entirely complete.

Also, interesting to note, the chance of winning the Gold Rush: 0,003% or 1 in 33,333

I have won it once so I guess that means I have scratched off more than 30k tickets! :P

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dutcher ().

• And while we are on the subject of Video rewards... I have a suggestion.

PLEEEEZE CAN YOU ADD A 5 SECOND SKIP BUTTON TO THE TRAVIAN GAME VIDEOS !!!?

I have seen them all 10,000 times and they are driving me crazy, some days there is nothing but Travian video's. They are also too long. I know all the games already, I am playing RN and I do NOT want to log out to play some other Travian game! I understand you want to find new customers, but we are already a Travian customer, and you do not want to piss off your already existing customers in a fruitless attempt to find new customers, now do you?

Thank you for considering this idea.

• And while we are on the subject of Video rewards... I have a suggestion.

PLEEEEZE CAN YOU ADD A 5 SECOND SKIP BUTTON TO THE TRAVIAN GAME VIDEOS !!!?

I have seen them all 10,000 times and they are driving me crazy, some days there is nothing but Travian video's. They are also too long. I know all the games already, I am playing RN and I do NOT want to log out to play some other Travian game! I understand you want to find new customers, but we are already a Travian customer, and you do not want to piss off your already existing customers in a fruitless attempt to find new customers, now do you?

Thank you for considering this idea.

it looks like they really want it!!!!

I'm going crazy, today I've only had videos of Goal united, I can't do it.

I'm nauseous

• let's talk about those winning percentages.

It seems to me that you have misrepresented the meaning of the percentages.

This is not a normal lottery where 1 in 100 tickets is definitely winning (in Italy we call it "scratch card").

So we can talk about 1% of winning percentage.

In the case of the RN lottery you can not buy 100 tickets, but only "packs" of 25.

The percentage reported refers to the single ticket.

I mean: each ticket has the same chances of winning each prize, whether you buy 1 or 100 tickets the chances of winning a locomotive bonus remain the same.

Hypothetically, if you buy 333,000 tickets you are not guaranteed to win the "treasure hunt", or rather, you have the same chance to win it if you buy 10 tickets or even just 1.

This is because the percentage is referred to the single ticket.

I know that you will not agree with me, but think about it and get explained by a mathematician :)

• There is an assumption that blocking further rewards (by not using, say, clothing vouchers) improves the chances for a particular desirable reward (like the bonus engine) by reducing the total number of possibilities. This is not necessarily the case. The simplest coding, in my opinion, is to map all the rewards to the interval 0 - 1 using a pseudorandom number generator, and if a reward is invalid reducing the reward to a default cash prize. This algorithm would have a fixed chance to win any given prize (other than the default cash prize) if it is enabled.

• 100 Consecutive Lottery Tickets following a reward of PAX bonus engine. Lottery level was 2 for part of the time and 3 for part of the time.

1x Cash 10

2x Cash 15

3x Cash 16

4x Cash 4

30 Gold 5

35 Gold 2

24 Hour Plus 3

Research Points 5

Rail Cars 7

Coins 3

20% Building Upgrade Discount 3

10x Instant Dispatch 5

Production Series Voucher 1

Upgrade Voucher 3

Engine Voucher 3

Clothing Voucher 2

Bonus Engine Upgrades 2

5x Boosts 3

Instant Building Upgrade 6

Headquarters Donation 1

1/2 Waiting Time 1

No Cargo Bonus Engine yet.

Average Gold payout 2.20 per ticket

• Hey Balibar!

Did you collect these tickets from Videos?

If so how long did it take you, and did you just use the free ones or did you buy some?

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• No, I don't think I misrepresented anything. I never said you are "guaranteed a bonus engine if you scratched off 100 tickets"

All I said was that the 1% chance shown (of indeed a single ticket) in the Masters server seems to correspond with an earlier blog stating more or less the same.

I also do not know if blocking certain reward outcomes increases the chance of the remaining rewards or if they are replaced by a default cash prize. All I know is that many players assume the first and tactically hold on to rewards at max level which they do not want to win anymore, in order to increase their chances of for example a bonus engine or the other bigger prizes. It remains to be seen whether this is a valid strategy or not.

• I keep the prizes I don't want anymore of, example clothing vouchers.

Not because I want a better chance at a better prize, i'd just rather have something different to those prizes whether it be Cash, Research Points, Gold etc.

• Well, in fact you are doing exactly that, you are increasing the chance of getting a better or different reward to 100% because you are blocking the outcome completely of the rewards you do not want anymore ;)

• Well, in fact you are doing exactly that, you are increasing the chance of getting a better or different reward to 100% because you are blocking the outcome completely of the rewards you do not want anymore ;)

Not all the other prizes are better though ;)

It depends on how you play, to which prizes are most beneficial to you. There is some I prefer, like Instant Upgrade vouchers. Spare ones of those once you have enough to max your Engine House is always good for me to upgrade my Station Concourse quickly.

Emziie.

• The vast majority of tickets came from collecting Station Bonuses from teammates. I am guessing that I get 1 ticket for every 50 bonus collection. I dabbled in buying the 5 Gold tickets offered as a video prize, but I quit after 18 tickets when it became clear that it was a gold losing proposition.

• The vast majority of tickets came from collecting Station Bonuses from teammates. I am guessing that I get 1 ticket for every 50 bonus collection. I dabbled in buying the 5 Gold tickets offered as a video prize, but I quit after 18 tickets when it became clear that it was a gold losing proposition.

Ah I see! Well nice to see you got so many good rewards. They definitely help the gameplay.

• Here are Stats on Lotto Tickets from Era 2. I collected 158 Tickets.

5xBoost: 9

3xMechanic: 6

Upgrade Voucher: 2

Engine Voucher: 5

20% Building Upgrade Voucher: 8

Instant Upgrade Voucher: 6

10xInstant Dispatch: 3

1/2 Wait Time Voucher: 2

Investment Voucher: 1

Bonus Engine Upgrade Voucher: 1

PAX Bonus Engine won on Ticket 17

No Cargo Bonus Engine

No Primus

1x Cash: 14

2x Cash: 18

3x Cash: 23

4x Cash: 17

30 Gold: 10

35 Gold: 6

40 Gold: 1

24 Hour Plus: 7

Research Points: 2 (# of awards which were for 2 or more RP each)

Rail Cars: 12 (# of awards which were for 2 or 4 cars each)

Coins: 3

Factoring in the 24 Hour Plus winnings at 150/7 Gold, the average gold earned per ticket was 4.43.