Basic engine comparison spread sheet.

• https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iby-vqmsw-3wucbf6ywywphr-ephypvswlpn2emx7gq/edit#gid=1245085253

this is a direct head to head comparison of all standard engines of each era.

all engines are tested 100% upgraded and serviced.
    please note: this is a pure profit per hour comparison.

yes, there are 3-4 other tools floating around, but, i wanted something people could see the results on 1 sheet without having to enter 5-8 parameters.

sheet is read only, feel free to copy or share at will.

Tested on Live servers.

Each engine was put on the exact same route (that does mean all used the same facility at the same time to haul from). all routes were single stop runs between 1 to 8 tracks from a city.

No, this sheet does not factor in Wait time difference, declining service levels, age of engines, lack of research, track maintenance, strikes, overtime, storms or integration.

It also does not cover any bonus engines.

And no, i will not add different variables. if you want that, copy the sheet and add them yourself.

this has been designed as a simple at a glance sheet for new players, or for those who don't have the time to dig into the more advanced comparison tools.

• Thanks for your work, but this

No, this sheet does not factor in Wait time difference,

is a big problem with your sheet because its the reason for weird results like this

were the Centaur is better than the Leviathan for 2 and 4 tracks, but the Leviathan is better for 3 tracks. Sorry if I sound harsh, but the sheet is a bit useless if the industries don't have at least similar, if not the same waiting times.

• Thanks.

Good job.

The tables are correct for the measurement made.

But they cover only one of the many possible cases.

So many questions will be raised.

Best Train 3D & 2D (Hear ME Roar)

As you can see from these charts there is often no one answer as to which locomotive is best.

• It is personally interesting for me to know the exact parameters of each route of the test

• But wait time and integration make huge difference. You should at least include the test parameters, so that anyone reading this can decide, if its a reasonable scenario.

To my knowledge the trains you are presenting as best very often arent, at least for me. Im sorry for harsh words, im sure this took considerable time to complete, but i wouldnt recommend anyone to use this.

• I have to highly recommend these graphs instead. They have many counter intuitive results but have tested accurately.

I know many who have built spreadsheets (myself included). While the HMR graphs don't include number of stops, chained hauling is almost always hands down to elephants (era 2, era 3, era 4 ), so its not as interesting a case as it would seem.

• The spread sheet is INTENDED to be a basic starter guide new or lazy players can use at a glance. the intent is to help folks get the ball rolling, then graduate to more advanced comparison tools.

is here me roars tool more versatile and provide more specific parameters? yup.

was my spread sheet ever intended to compete at that level, or has it ever been presented by me as such? nope.

which is why the sheet directs people to that tool for more in depth or detailed comparisons.

as far as parameters of each test?

i picked a city with good tracks built, and selected single factories at 1-8 tracks.

all trains for each era were sent to each factory 1 by 1 simultaneously using the "adopt schedule" feature available to the plus account:

example:

those numbers are what is used in the sheet.

the ONLY factors intended to be covered by this sheet is a pure head to head single stop comparison at specific track counts. that's it.

• Even that is not accurate, since it doesnt involve possible wait times. Example with 1 track:

Olympus is best at 0:00 WT

Hydra is best at 1:00 WT

Ogre is best at 3:00 WT

Situation changes at 2 tracks and again if you add some integration. There really isnt any easy option to declare which train is always best. It depends very much on situation and play-style.

Also i need to point out that the total number of waggons might be a deciding factor. For example Olympus has 13 waggons per slot, while Ogre has 25. Thats a huge difference in expenses. I usually need about 400 waggons for endgame which is about 1 billion credits. Using Ogre i would need some 700 waggons, which would be about 1,8 billion credits.