Chapter 2: Order and Chaos

• Chapter 2: Order and Chaos

Please read the rules for this challenge HERE

Submission thread will be opened once all Chapters are out

I moved the stones in the correct order and suddenly... a dull sounding "clack" appeared from within the wagon door. I walked to the door and pushed the handle. The door opened. And as I walked into the second wagon, I found myself in a chamber of chaos... There were no better words to describe what I was seeing. "Hello?!", I shouted hoping that whoever this "Master of Secrets" was, would be there. My shout was answered by nothing but the rattling noise of the train, as it continued its seemingly endless trip through the darkness. Desperation overcame me. "Is anybody here?!" I shouted even louder hoping that there would be someone in any of the other wagons. Hell, or anywhere. I walked straight through the mess towards the next wagon door of yellow color. And again... locked. This time there were no indications on the door. However, it looked like it had the same mechanism as the previous door. Just like the abacus served as a switch to open the previous door, this door also must have a switch. I looked at the garbage all over the wagon again and noticed something interesting: Despite all the chaos around me, there was some sort of order... Both sides of the room looked perfectly symmetric... Apart from some small details. Maybe those small details would help me find the switch, in order to unlock the yellow door to the next wagon...

kr3NE3s.png

Task: Identify how many differences there are between the left and the right side of the room

P.S. This image was replaced on 12.10.2019 with a new one. Be sure to double check the differences if you solved this before 12th of October.

• Thanks for excluding 8% of the population. 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women are colourblind so cannot correctly answer this question by themselves.

An excellent point, those without color blindness rarely or ever need to think that what is two colors for them, is just one and the same to someone else.

I believe we've had this discussion before, and it is a bit unfortunate that this image works only for those who see it as the creator intended. I'll try to ask around if another image could be added with slight changes to colors used.

• An excellent point, those without color blindness rarely or ever need to think that what is two colors for them, is just one and the same to someone else.

I believe we've had this discussion before, and it is a bit unfortunate that this image works only for those who see it as the creator intended. I'll try to ask around if another image could be added with slight changes to colors used.

you can't...

This image was taken from a site, they made the mirror image, added some changes and then pasted the two images.

The original and the modified-specular.

The image is about obsessive-compulsive disorder, especially Compulsive hoarding.

Could not be worse image choice.

• you can't...

This image was taken from a site, they made the mirror image, added some changes and then pasted the two images.

The original and the modified-specular.

The image is about obsessive-compulsive disorder, especially Compulsive hoarding.

Could not be worse image choice.

:P I meant another copy of this image with slight color changes where needed.

If anyone needs help 8)

kr3NE3s_Compare.png

• If we talk about color shades ...

kr3NE3s_Compare_Shades.png

• Hmmm ... looks like the new version got lines of transparent pixels on the top and left border ... it's shifted and no longer symmetrical ...

Beliebt sein ist eigentlich ganz einfach:

Man muss nur immer sagen, was die anderen hören wollen.

Leider liegt mir das so überhaupt nicht.

• Howdy,

the original image had to be changed/got updated on 12.10.2019 to a fresh version. Better double check the number of differences ;)

Apologies for the mix-up.

So the version I (and many others) have issues with is the new one? Glad I didn't see the original.

23 major differences + 2 conditional differences (small and hidden)

• Hmmm ... looks like the new version got lines of transparent pixels on the top and left border ... it's shifted and no longer symmetrical ...

Sharp-eyed!

Only "concrete" changes in the image counts, no need to search for transparent border pixels :)

• When I look at the original image, I still cannot see the differences that are now clearly on this new image (clock and hat).

?Am I actually colour blind without ever realizing it before ? You are making me question my eyes LOL