Chapter 7: The Engine
Please read the rules for this challenge HERE
Submission thread will be opened once all Chapters are out
The chest unlocked with a quiet "click". Never before had such a simple clicking sound triggered so many emotions in me. Joy, fear and hope all at the same time rushed through my body and mind as I opened the box with a trembling hand. There it was: the red key. The key to the cockpit. The key to stop this damned train. The key to my salvation. With the red key in my hand I rushed back to the waggon where my quest began and, one minute later, I was standing in front of the red lock that separated me from the cockpit.
I held my breath as I put the key into the lock and turned it. The lock opened and fell on the floor. I pushed the red door and walked inside. I was in the engine room. For the first time, I could see right ahead, to the direction the train was heading. And yet, all I saw was darkness. Darkness and the strange white fog which the train was rushing through.
"It's time to stop this train of doom," I said to myself. But how? This was not how a normal engine from 1911 looked like. Once again it seemed to be some kind of advanced technology. I looked at the notes on the control panel in front of me:
“Congratulations, Master of Secrets! You have made it all the way to the control panel.
But only the real Master of Secrets will be able to stop this train. If you are a true Master, enter the following codes on the panel, all in a row, and the train will stop:”
- 1st part of the code: Digit sum of the numbers on the abacus
- 2nd part of the code: Last two letters of the company name the train belongs to (capital letters)
- 3rd part of the code: Number of differences in the messy wagon
- 4th part of the code: Number of the key for the green door
- 5th part of the code: Code that opened the light-blue door
- 6th part of the code: Numbers of the 3 cables to open the indigo blue door (smallest to largest)
- 7th part of the code: The Permit ID to enter the control panel
"Wait..." I said to myself, "I answered all those questions before... this task should not be a problem for me".
Quickly I grabbed a pen, wrote down the full code and typed it on the panel.
I stopped my breath and hit the green button...
Task: Once you manage to find the right password, enter the website and make a screenshot of your success.
The first player to post the screenshot in this event thread together with the correct password, will be titled the Master Of Secrets and win this challenge.