Chapter 3: Antonella's package

• Please read the rules for this challenge HERE

Submission thread will be opened once all Chapters are published

Chapter 3: Antonella's package

After hours of searching, the hidden switch was found and the door to the next wagon was opened. The next wagon was very similar to the one where I awoke: Clean, fancy, but with nothing but empty seats and tables in it. A smell of tobacco lied in the air, but no trace of cigarettes or cigars. Arriving on the other side of the wagon, I pushed the door (which this time was green), to see if it would open. But no. Of course, this door was locked as well. However, this time, something was different. This door had a keyhole. But where was the key? As I walked back, past the seats, looking for any object that may indicate how the door can be opened, I stopped at table #14, where I found a package on the floor, right under the seat. The package had the inscription "Roma" and right below the name "Antonella Viteli". I knew it was not appropriate to take other people's property, but given the situation of being in a seemingly cursed train without passengers on it (god knows what happened to them) and without knowing if I would ever make it out alive, I decided to make an exception. I sat down and opened the package. A bunch of keys dropped out and landed right on my lap... Each key had a different color and number on it.

• A brown key with the number 9
    • A black key with the number 14
    • A white key with the number 40
    • A pink key with the number 59
    • A grey key with the number 77

Nothing more was inside the package. Just those keys. How bizarre... maybe one of those keys would open the green door? I looked at the door again. I went to the door with the keys in my hands. Which key number is the right one?

Task: Identify the color and number of the correct key

eIkmW0q.png

Παρακαλούμε για την μετάφραση να χρησιμοποιήσετε κάποιο online μεταφραστικό.

And after I saw that none of the keys worked, I looked around in the wagon once again, and there... right under the seat where I sat, I found a green key, with the number 29 on it. It must have fallen on the floor the moment I opened the package. I tried this key, and finally opened the green door.

Here is your hint for chapter 3:

A key-combination on your keyboard might reveal the right answer

Your Rail Nation team