Gold usage without uneven superiority

• Most of gold features provides uneven superiority over others.

Can't say i'm talking on behalf of everyone, but for me such features spoil the fun of the game.

Here are some optional feature i was thinking about that can encourage player to buy gold/spend gold without breaking equilibrium:

1. Buying packaged features such as Investment vouchers, Instant dispatches, Licenses etc. (most things that you only get from lottery)

When you buy a package you will receive and extra item of it, or it can reflect some kind of discount.

2. Corporation/city fund raising of gold which will unlock bonuses or benefits for related players. (such as overtime in facility/commodity chain benefits/goods value bonus)

3. (1) Facility investments will be gradually reduced if facility Occupancy Rate = 0 -> (2) Gold can prevent the individual's penalty.

4. Disposed city good can be resurrected for certain amount of time.

5. Gold can be used to reconcile lack of money for investments for a commission.

Example 1: I need 1M for investment, i only have 800K, for the missing 200K i can pay in gold, 20% of investment equals to 20 gold +commission in gold. (amounts specified are arbitrary)

Example 2: I want to place an offer for a license, 300K, i only have 250K. 250/300 - 17% of investment is missing, this is equal to 17 gold + commission.

The idea behind this is not to replace the need of money and the hard work of earning it.

6. Having and extra level for Rail station buildings that can only upgraded with gold. (only available after finishing upgrading the building to max level)

7. Scheduled construction: Let's say i'm away for the next 6 hours, i know that while i'm offline i will have the required amount of money to upgrade a train station building. for a fee, i can schedule an upgrade once the required amount has been reached.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dyzoola ().

• Well, what I see are some new Pay-To-Win features. Nothing less.

And your point 7...

7. Scheduled construction: Let's say i'm away for the next 6 hours, i know the while i'm offline i will have the required amount of money to upgrade a train station building. for a fee, i can schedule an upgrade once the required amount has been reached.

To take care of your bank account is a basic thing in RN. You know, you will be offline next 6 hours, over night...you should learn, how to handle it and what is your bank account for.

Most of the player do not know, how urgent it is, to raise the bankaccount. So they lose money...every single day. To avoid this by using gold....no, not a good idea, just a new featute for

"I'm only once a day online, but I can win the game".....

You don't want to lose money? Ok, be online and learn, how to handle your bankaccount.

• The points i mentioned are not game changers.

Despite some of the points are not for individual but for a collective.

Those which are individual does not provide any Pay-To-Win feature, only easing.

With these features or without, the gameplay stays almost the same, its just easing up a little bit.

If you'll take a closer look over the current benefits of gold buyers you'll see that it provide unproportional advantages:

1. Buying research points through era packages.

2. Buying bonus locomotives.

3. Upgrade those bonus locomotives (even if i win a bonus engine, a gold player will have it better)

3. "unlimited" instance dispatches.

4. "unlimited" Mechanics/Boosts.

Of course there are some certain inequality, but it is just a bonus for Gold buyer, making the game more proportionally balanced over non-paying players, in contrast to the current bonuses.

• Greetings to all RN players.

For my "career" in RN I did not buy a single gold. All that I have earned for contest wins, tickets and overall placement. In the last game, I started from around 2,000 gold and after the end I have 3,150 for the next game.

In the game I had bonus locomotives from the 1st to the 5th epoch, Primus, and ranked 13th overall.

I'm not a good player for Travian when I'm not buying gold, but I'm happy and enjoying the game.

• As a f2p competitor that has reached top1, I don't really care about your propositions (I won't buy them), but I agree that they are not game-breaking.

The lottery is. And the lottery is probably the only true game-breaking p2w feature of the game (the packs are also huge factors, but they are affordable to f2p players if you play actively enough and with the purpose to earn gold).

So of course it will make it easier for people, but that won't be an issue, the game is already basically 100% won if you pay enough gold.

The proposition 6 I don't like though. (this gives an edge and might be a must have on some buildings, even for f2p players that want to compete).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• Greetings to all RN players.

For my "career" in RN I did not buy a single gold. All that I have earned for contest wins, tickets and overall placement. In the last game, I started from around 2,000 gold and after the end I have 3,150 for the next game.

In the game I had bonus locomotives from the 1st to the 5th epoch, Primus, and ranked 13th overall.

I'm not a good player for Travian when I'm not buying gold, but I'm happy and enjoying the game.

and the reason you posted here was???? YOU had a reason. but mate this was a review for the google application of the RN... you came here to speak your mind without taking the time of thinking what the post was talking about... for the love of ..... we all enjoying the game here. or else we wouldnt be here... the guy was talking for a way of making the game more enjoyable. first for you and me... you dont know how to support or you cant understand the idea... this post are being made not only to alert us... but to hold off the company being greedy on us... if the company see that you as a player you dont pay for the game they will make sure that you will.. and then noone will make a step to be heard with you. its more likely someone to do what you just did.. to come here and say IM JUST ENJOYING THE GAME THE WAY IT IS.... (edited by CM)

• and the reason you posted here was???? YOU had a reason. but mate this was a review for the google application of the RN... you came here to speak your mind without taking the time of thinking what the post was talking about... for the love of ..... we all enjoying the game here. or else we wouldnt be here... the guy was talking for a way of making the game more enjoyable. first for you and me... you dont know how to support or you cant understand the idea... this post are being made not only to alert us... but to hold off the company being greedy on us... if the company see that you as a player you dont pay for the game they will make sure that you will.. and then noone will make a step to be heard with you. its more likely someone to do what you just did.. to come here and say IM JUST ENJOYING THE GAME THE WAY IT IS.... (edited by CM)

We have all sorts of players playing Rail Nation, and there's no rule telling you need to make in-game purchases. If you like the game and are enjoying your time, that's what really matters.

In-game purchases can save you time and help your railroad business grow down the road, but if the base game is enough to keep someone playing and having fun, I think that's pretty cool and very much enough.

I would like to remind that being respectful towards others is something both the player community and Rail Nation team values and appreciates. Even if words aren't meant to be taken as insults, words can still be read that way so it's always good to keep in mind how a comment might sound when someone else is reading it.

We have all sorts of players playing Rail Nation, and there's no rule telling you need to make in-game purchases. If you like the game and are enjoying your time, that's what really matters.

In-game purchases can save you time and help your railroad business grow down the road, but if the base game is enough to keep someone playing and having fun, I think that's pretty cool and very much enough.

I would like to remind that being respectful towards others is something both the player community and Rail Nation team values and appreciates. Even if words aren't meant to be taken as insults, words can still be read that way so it's always good to keep in mind how a comment might sound when someone else is reading it.

yo dude..ok. fair enough. but i kept up the level i didnt swear at anyone.. i mean my words where leading towards a certain direction but this was it so my point could be made even more clear.. now my post left hanging out like i dont know how to characterize it..empty is a word. but your point has been made.. i mean yes you dont want a situation to exaggerate.. but you cut people from express themselfs freely. thats not normal.. it is what it is but that doesnt make it right.. hes intansions where unclear so i made myself clear now you come and you trying to interfere.. to keep some short of a lvl.. but come on.. this is just to much..just saying.

Thank you for being here keeping us in line. anyway. i got to admit my last sentence was a bit harsh. like an attack.. but you need to understand that i felt that way from the way he wrote what he wrote cause it was kinda disturbing inside this thread.. maybe you think that he didnt say something wrong. maybe true.. but he wrote it in the wrong place. Here the things where being discussed was how to improve some futures of the game.. and he comes and says everything is ok.. its kinda irritating..thats all. now im being in the wrong place talking about other stuff. i apologise for that..

i believe hes post would make more angry some guys who work their ..... off for providing us with this content know that he doesnt give something back...thats funny and sad at the same time.

• and the reason you posted here was???? YOU had a reason. but mate this was a review for the google application of the RN... you came here to speak your mind without taking the time of thinking what the post was talking about... for the love of ..... we all enjoying the game here. or else we wouldnt be here... the guy was talking for a way of making the game more enjoyable. first for you and me... you dont know how to support or you cant understand the idea... this post are being made not only to alert us... but to hold off the company being greedy on us... if the company see that you as a player you dont pay for the game they will make sure that you will.. and then noone will make a step to be heard with you. its more likely someone to do what you just did.. to come here and say IM JUST ENJOYING THE GAME THE WAY IT IS.... (edited by CM)

No comment