Forum titles and activity points

• What forum titles do you prefer? 14

1. List A - Train related (13) 93%
    2. List B - Business related (1) 7%

Dear players,

Our community is full of great contributions, valuable members, helping hands, game experts and veterans. In the last weeks, we were thinking how we could highlight them more appropriately. We realized that one of the flaws in our current forum setup is the way titles are currently given to our members and how activity points are distributed.

Right now, activity points are received for any kind of posts or threads, regardless of their content. This means that members achieve a high rank based on the quantity of posts, even if its content offers little value to the community. This will be changed in the next weeks, and together with this change, we will also introduce new titles in the community.

What does this mean for you?

As a consequence of this change all current titles and activity points will be reset, but of course the post-count will remain untouched. As a token of appreciation for our veterans who added a lot of value to the community in the last years, we will award them with a higher rank from the beginning.

This will be based on judgment of the CM team.

Points distribution:

Below you see how the distribution of points will be awarded in the future:

• 1 point for each Like received
    • Up to 20 points for each victory in a community event
    • An additional amount of points can awarded as a sign of appreciation for special contributions/merits. This is up to judgement of the Rail Nation team.

We have come up with two variations of titles and we would like you to vote for the one you prefer. Please note the titles will be in English.

So, after have read all this, please vote. Let us know what list of forum titles you prefer.

We are looking forward to your reactions.

Your team

• Hello dear Admin,

Since Rail Nation is a game, I accept only titles that relate to games. So only titles on trains.

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a nice day!

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :)

PS. Few days ago Yaenara had a post with this issue in Romanian, which I had the same answer. Please also check the position. Thanks.

• Good thing there's a poll then ^^

When going through the list of railway related titles, do you have any favorites or would you change something to better fit the theme of being the owner of a huge or growing transportation business?

• If the live servers deserve more than the title I have now - platform supervisor - then I accept that with the greatest pleasure.

Instead on PTR servers I have another function - professional - although I have the same career level: Level 23. I think there otherwise occupied or deserved the functions is called active players ... I hope that those functions remain so, as they are now! :)

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day, dear Samisu!

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lacidd23: Edit the text. ().

• One small comment : you should probably have the list posted somewhere visible, once we have chosen it, so that people know what every title stands for.

I've come across one or two people that thought I was a staff member with my title (don't remember what it was, platform supervisor maybe?).

• One small comment : you should probably have the list posted somewhere visible, once we have chosen it, so that people know what every title stands for.

I've come across one or two people that thought I was a staff member with my title (don't remember what it was, platform supervisor maybe?).

Sure, yeah, that's a nice idea and would make sense. Plus the number of titles seems to be growing :)

• In my opinion, the names should be slightly different.

Only connected to trains - to avoid confusion (to be different from site administrators and the like...)

• Samisu

Look at my "Station manager"!!! It's very similar to yours "Community Manager"

Yes, you are Manager!

What kind of manager am I?

• There may need to be several levels of passenger and several levels of...

Fewer names to make it easier to understand

An example:

Passenger - Level 1

Passenger - Level 2

Passenger - Level 3

Ticket inspector - Level 1

Ticket inspector - Level 2

Ticket inspector - Level 3

Train driver - Level 1

Train driver - Level 2

Train driver - Level 3

Train Master

• but why giving levels with names at the forum??? What value has it? Everybody has also trains added with his/hers name. That's enough for me. The titles are indeed very confusing with the titles names of the travian crew members

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• It may not be level - it may be stars

The goal is to have fewer types of names

Passenger * (1 star)

Passenger ** (2 stars)

Passenger *** (3 stars)

• this would also be an option give a sybol Rail Nation related in bronze-silver-gold with each 1-2-3 stars. I would prefer that instead of titles.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• So...

An example:

Passenger - Bronze

Passenger - Silver

Passenger - Gold

Ticket inspector - Bronze

Ticket inspector - Silver

Ticket inspector - Gold

Train driver - Bronze

Train driver - Silver

Train driver - Gold

Train Master

• List A of course. But I want to be a Coal Shoveler !

(insert before Porter)

And replace "Train Driver" with "Rail Inspector"

Train Driver is too similar with Locomotive Engineer (also a driver?) and not in the correct spot.

And what about all the service people needed to keep the trains on the (safe) rails???

And why do we need to level up everything??? Just think up other roles, there could be hundreds.

No need to add 'levels' or stars to each role, this is ridiculous. Use your creativity :)

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Because it's so confusing to have so many names.

Who do not carry any useful information

It may be good to have only bronze, silver and gold stars or trains.

No text. only symbols

The text now - besides useless - is confusing (It leads to wrong associations!).

• I haven't done much on forums. I have to say that I found the titles confusing when I first visited - especially when trying to work out Travian team vs "forumers" so having some info for new visitors here would be good.

Having too many levels of titles would make things more confusing. So (sorry, Hear Me Roar) I'm not keen on multiple levels of each title.

I like the idea of points being awarded on quality rather than quantity of posts.

• Dear Community,

Thank you for your comments and thoughts. Based on the votes and the feedback of the community we have decided to not make a change to how the points and titles are given in the forum.

The only small change that we will undertake in the following days is expanding the amount of (railway related) titles from 5 to 10. Thank you again for your votes and your thoughts on this matter. Your Rail Nation team