Carreer engine maximum upgrades per era

• I was searching the forum if I could find the maximum upgrades per era for the carreer engine, I can't find something about at the forum.

At the old lobby there were the maximum upgrades mentioned per era for you carreer engine, at the new lobby I don't see it anymore.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• CE Info + CE Calculator

railnationenginecompare.htm#8h

• Thx HMR.

I use your files for the best trains and off course your great maps.Thank you for sharing these with us, they are very helpful.

I don't know if I use the engine compare file correct. When I try to investigate what upgrade would be better to install first the acceleration doesn't shows a better performance.

e.g. I want to see if a wagon upgrade is better than the acceleration upgrade. The tons per 8 hours stay the same with an accelaration upgrade selected. See the first two added screenshots. Logically with a better acceleration the brougth tons should be higher too, my logical thinking. Adding an extra wagon it gives a higher amount as it should be, screenshot nr. 3. When I add the acceleration together with the wagon upgrade again I don't see a difference between the two. Screenshot 3 compared to 4.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• I guess the swallow is just an bad example. It accelerates in 3,5s to 50km/h without the upgrade and in 2,8s with ist. So I wouldn't expect more than a very little difference. Try it with the morpheus. The acceleration update should make very big difference there.

• I had the same with my carreer engine too and other production engines.

• Acceleration is a poor upgrade on engines that already have high acceleration and you will struggle to see any difference, especially on long journeys like one in the example (6:6).

Change the train to an Olympus or use the Swallow but test on a 1:1 journey, the Olympus will see differences, the Swallow might not as it's really that much of a slow engine, will probably show differences on 1:1 and 16/24 hours.

PS. I looked into this as I was curious to see if it could have been worth to fully research the Swallow before moving onto a different engine, being that research is extremely slow when you start, works out that the acceleration upgrades doesn't pay for itself by the time you swap for Rhinos, it is actually detrimental to your economy, twice, firstly because you spend money which you won't made back, secondly because you have wasted RP that could have given you a Rhino slightly earlier, hence boosting earlier your economy,

Could potentially make back your money if you prefer going from Swallows to Falcons, but again, in that case you're better off switching to Ravens.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stubaski ().

• I needed it for my carreer engine, only need speed and acceleration to finish that train. And sadly you can’t cancel an upgrade.

• I needed it for my carreer engine, only need speed and acceleration to finish that train. And sadly you can’t cancel an upgrade.

You can ask the support once to reset your career engine.

Personally I think acceleration isn't as important as other upgrades. I have followed the rule of thumb that 20 seconds to top speed is fast enough (Speed divided by Acceleration ist the time to accelerate to top speed).

• I don’t want to reset my carreer engine. Happy with the upgrades I have. Everything is max except the acceleration and speed.

• I tought you regret a decision to install a acceleration update. You don't lose any technologie points if the support resets your career engine and could install more speed upgrades instead of acceleration upgrades. But if you are happy everything is ok. :)

• You can ask the support once to reset your career engine.

Personally I think acceleration isn't as important as other upgrades. I have followed the rule of thumb that 20 seconds to top speed is fast enough (Speed divided by Acceleration ist the time to accelerate to top speed).

I personally use 1:10 instead of 1:20. But yeah, same idea.

Anything quicker than 1:10 is probably not worth it for the carrier engine until very late into the game (speed already at 175).

• I will write about the interface of the calculator.

I think the other question got a good answer^^^

But if there is something unclear I will explain.

There is an easier way to compare the parameters of a train.

It was available in pro mode.

It is now switched on whenever there are few trains.

Using the + button at the start of the train, you can duplicate it to make it easier to compare.

• In fact, acceleration for a career train is not a bad upgrade.

In my personal opinion.

Career train take the lead, especially in the first and second eras.

When all the other options are upgraded for these eras.

Acceleration is well worth it.

My personal goal was to develop the train completely for these two eras.

And I think it's worth it.

• Some interesting information about the example:

Let's compare

1) Swallow 2/14/50/50%

2) Swallow 2/18/50/50%

The only difference is acceleration!

As mentioned

"It accelerates in 3,5s to 50km/h without the upgrade and in 2,8s with it."

The difference is less than a second to max speed.

But, what is the real benefit?

What is the total time for one route? (6+6 With a waiting time of 1 minute)

1) Swallow 2/14/50/50% - 716.755 sec

2) Swallow 2/18/50/50% - 715.962 sec

As we can see the difference/benefit is too small (< 1 sec = 0.13%)!

• This, very much.

In the late game your career engine is one of many, whereas in the early game it's your best engine, as until you have 7 Rhinos your career engine pulls in more money than your other trains together, the first couple of days it's the drive of your economy. At this stage of the game acceleration is king as you're doing very short segments.

As you progress in the game loses much of it's important and become more of a bonus train, which is why I would first optimise the train for the first 2 eras, then think about the rest.

Currently playing on:

M1.201 Scandinavia