What were the best things you learned on your first job?

• YoePkXk.jpg

Dear all,

as you know I just recently became CEO of Apex Trains.

Like I already wrote in my diary, I doubted for a while, whether I was the right person for this job. After so many people saying I would be the best man for this job, I took my chance.

Now, a few months later, I have to admit I really enjoy my new job and I am thankful for the mistakes I made and the things I learned in my previous jobs.

On the internet I found some very useful insights:

• You really know nothing after graduation: Don’t talk, just listen. Evaluate and learn.
    • A dime will become a million: Thumb rule: first experience matters more than first salary.
    • Make value out of everything: Add value to whatever you do. This way you will become important and reliable.

What were the best things you learned for your first job?

Greetings,
    Adam Peters

• Hello Adam!

When I started my first job, I realized that the only way to become good at what I was doing was to try. And that if I made mistakes, the most important part was that I learnt from those mistakes.

I also learnt that the interests of the Company have to be your priority, because if they are not then you will be left without an Employer.

When I left that first job - and went elsewhere, I also learnt that while it may feel like the grass is greener on the other side, pay etc more often than not it is not. Happiness comes first.

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• Be respectful to the older employees or you get the bad jobs. When you are a junior do what you are told.

But I,m the boss now. Ask a young employee to do stock stack--they moan and grone.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Emziie: Edited by Moderator due to rule violation. ().

• You have to be lucky enough to learn 2 things: bi-directional respect and that you can always make it fun

Was lucky to have this for the first 4 years working part and full time. Then a new boss came in town and I left, no fun and no respect left in there.

• You have to be lucky enough to learn 2 things: bi-directional respect and that you can always make it fun

Was lucky to have this for the first 4 years working part and full time. Then a new boss came in town and I left, no fun and no respect left in there.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes - Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your Employees, they will take care of your Clients. - Richard Branson.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3