Hey RN, if I wanted to watch a movie for a bonus video, I'd fire up Netflix

• I agree with the above two comments, The last two days 90 % of the ads have been for the same drug ad after ad, it gets kind of irritating to see same ad 10 and 15 times in a row. Intersperse others in between so you get more of a distribution where you do not see the same one so often, almost enough to make me quit the game.

• All videos should have a 5 second 'skip' button. Especially the Travian game videos which everyone has now seen more than 20,000 times.

It's getting to the point now where players just stop watching any videos, to avoid the blooming preference of playing Russian Roulette instead of RN.

Yes, the videos are that annoying. Instead of winning new customers, you are trying to move current customers from one game to another. And you are pissing them off in the process. Net result: (minus) -10k customers instead of +1k.

Add the darn skip button already, to all videos!!! (or at least the default Travian videos).

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Ads are a revenue stream for Travian. They are not going to exclude a paying contract because the ad is "too long"

Even the internal ads for other Travian games, which we've seen too many times, they aren't going to provide a 5 second skip.

Ads are an optional feature. If they annoy you then don't watch them and pass on the minor in game bonuses (which they give us in order to put money into their pockets and to keep the lights on).

If things get too annoying for the community of players and Travian start taking a hit on their income, then they may make adjustments to making it more beneficial or less panful, but I would advise not holding your breath for such a day.

• Oh, I know. But why the long, boring and old Travian game ads then?

They are not getting paid a dime for those.

And I have already played most of those other Travian games, for years. I am playing RN now and watching a video in RN. I am not going to log out here, and go play some other silly game!

All they are doing is cannibalizing themselves, which is a horrible marketing strategy.

Trying to move existing customers from one game to another to support growth in another product.

They will not add more or new players by doing this.

They will not increase the players' on-line time either, nor will they increase their revenue.

This strategy always had an adverse effect, it only annoys your current customers which will only help to decrease the number of customers and income.

It is a recipe for quick bankruptcy. Many a company have gone down the tubes with the same strategy.

This... is mind boggling.

If they must have a 'default' video because there are no other ads to show, then for the love of the train gods,

please just add that 5 second 'skip' button already!!!

There is no reason whatsoever to not listen to this. If you think there is, then please listen to 'Adam',

he is an experienced CEO and he will tell you the same thing! :P

• I guessing here, but I think the Travian ads are only played if the viewer is unable to play an ad that pays from a player click

Also FYI the browser gets one kind of adds, the app gets nothing buy other app ads (and no travian crossover ads)

• Yes yes, I understand all that of course. I know why they show them.

My question was why make them long and boring, while knowing that your customers are going to be forced to see them more than 10,000 times each.

My other question is, why do they not add a skip button?

Especially because they make no money with those videos.

My last question is why take the opportunity to enormously annoy your customers if you don't 'have' to do it?

• You really watch the videos? I click them and then immediately switch the browser-window.

I bought a second screen so that I can have RN open but not even have to look. (will be extended to a 3rd Screen just after Christmas)

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• You really watch the videos? I click them and then immediately switch the browser-window.

I will switch also to another screen but than often it will happen that those vids don't start playing. So you are forced to watch the same vids over and over again :(

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• I will switch also to another screen but than often it will happen that those vids don't start playing. So you are forced to watch the same vids over and over again :(

Hey naike! I had this problem sometimes also, I was using Google Chrome.

I've switched to a Browser called Vivaldi, and its so much better. Not sure if you want to try it, if you do and you need any help feel free to send me a message.

Emziie. :)

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• I will switch also to another screen but than often it will happen that those vids don't start playing. So you are forced to watch the same vids over and over again

Thats the reason I wrote "browser window" and not "browser tab". The search for vids (sometimes?) doesn't run in a background tab. But that problem doesn't exist in a background window. If the vid is already running it doesn't matter if background tab or window.

• Hey naike! I had this problem sometimes also, I was using Google Chrome.

I've switched to a Browser called Vivaldi, and its so much better. Not sure if you want to try it, if you do and you need any help feel free to send me a message.

Emziie. :)

Hi Emziie, I use chrome too, I will try Vivaldi. Thx for the tip.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Update to 2-minute videos that keep repeating and can't be skipped:

Please take the Video ID (5 numbers at top corner of the video), and report these videos to us. You can gather a few of the IDs together and then contact game support, or share the video IDs here. Please make sure to only report the videos that can't be skipped at all.