🌠 Rail Nation 2020

• Hello everyone!

As we are about to move to the next decade, I believe it is time to start a thread for wishes, ideas and feedback for Rail Nation 2020. 🚂🥂🥂🥂

How does Rail Nation play in 2020, if you got to decide on everything? How does the game and player community evolve during the coming decade?

Create your own best case scenario, whatever comes to mind and have fun with it!

🌠 I'm wishing on a star...

• Improve the app.

1) Make it lag free, when managing the carrier.

Why the carrier needs to open in app in lagy enviroment? Easy and quick fix would be just opening the browser window.

2) Allow us to watch videos in the app.

Every single mobile app has no problem to play ad, there are many advertisement providers that can play 30 sec advertisements for ingame rewards. Why is railnation app so outdated in this subject?

3) fix the bugs

You are sometimes forced to relog, because the app is suddenly unable to load anything (your station, cities..)

When the app tries to show you through arrow, what you should tap, it almost always points to wrong place.

4) These days, the app should be your main focus. It should be developed so the mobile devices could be the main platform for many people. Most of the times, you want to play something while watching the TV, or while you are at school (work). The current state of the app forces me to rather play something alse on my phone, or turn on my PC when I want to play railnation. And to be honest, when I am at my desktop, there are other games that are better suited for PC game play.

Making the perfect app would phenomenally increase your revenue.

Get away with flash player

Many browser games have already switched to html years ago. Flashplayer is nowadays dangerous and outdated technology. Railnation is not a complex game, there are many browser games which require more hardware power, which offer more features (windows, backgrounds, tables etc.) and they already support html for years ! It is a shame that railnation is so behind and devs are doing it only, because they are forced by internet browsers (chrome), which are closing their support to flash in 2020.

• my whishes for 2020 and Railnation are:

* communication, communication, communication etc etc

* the launch of HTML5, with none or a very few bugs.

* that Travian/BF will value the opinion of the players more and really start listening to feedback

* an improved commitement of support members and a better follow up on tickets, including feedback

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Hello Samisu,

My friends say I'm a special man. Therefore I have special wishes for Rail Nation Team in 2020. Namely:

1:First of all I wish you health, happiness, love, success, fulfillment of all dreams and desires! Happy New Year!

2:I want to be two different game world on Romanian servers. One with standard speed and one with express speed: both classic scenario. On October 6th, 2019 I wrote my proposal on the Forum, but unfortunately I posted it in the Romanian section: Express version of the Rail Nation on Romanian server

Two players have responded to my post. To post now in the English section too?

3:I want that this year I can try on a PTR (Public Test Realm) server and I can play on a live server a totally new scenario, with entirely new maps and entirely new goods inspired by the written posts mentioned below.

I and several other Rail Nation players we had brilliant ideas about introducing new scenarios with entirely new maps and entirely new goods. We wrote about this in survey dated July 1st, 2019, respectively posting entitled "Let's discuss the survey scenario" on link: Let's discuss the scenario survey

And posting entitled "Australia" on link: Australia

4:I want that in the Endgame of each scenarios to see flying UFO (flying saucer) above each city. As far as the balloon, aircraft or helicopter is currently flying. Once set menu: Options / Display Options / Flying objects.

5:I want to play still a few rounds of Origin Journey Express until we have a totally new scenario.

Thank you! I'm grateful!

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :):saint:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lacidd23: Edit the text. ().

• Hi Lacidd23

Thank you very much for the warming wishes and the whole team wishes you all the best for 2020! It is so good to have you here with us in RN player community!

Romanian gameworlds, you did just the right thing when you made the wish on Romanian forum. Your wish will be forwarded from there as it touches our Romanian players only.

Your third wish, love it and I've been waiting to see something totally new as well! There's been talk about a new scenario here on forum, with Orient theme being the latest piece of information. Should be a very interesting year even if it doesn't take us to Australia. I'd like to use this opportunity to wish lots of strength to our friends Down Under <3

For those unfamiliar with PTR: Public Test Realm - Free browser-based online strategy game - Rail Nation

UFOs, are those a myth, urban legend, or do we actually have flying saucers on the skies of Rail Nation? Or did the UFO crash somewhere? I mean, I've seen strange pictures...

OJ Express was a one-time event and there are no plans to bring it back, but whatever else and exciting is planned, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised! Things have moved a bit slow for the last months due to HTML5 switch preparations but I'm sure we'll be back on track in no time!

• I could not verify whether there UFOs on the Rail Nation scenarios, because now I play only in Era 2 and Era 3 on the live servers and in Era 4 on the PTR2 server. I remember only balloons, airplanes and helicopters. Sure I would have noticed if I had seen the UFO flying in the sky of Rail Nation gameworlds... :):saint:

• Romanian gameworlds, you did just the right thing when you made the wish on Romanian forum. Your wish will be forwarded from there as it touches our Romanian players only.

Well, it touches all of us Samisu, because not only Romanians are playing the romanian servers. ;-)

• Well, it touches all of us Samisu, because not only Romanians are playing the romanian servers. ;-)

True, people can join a server on any domain for sure :)

COM players already have both regular and express speed versions of each scenario, multiple of each in some cases, so getting the COM community to rally behind a new Romanian server is not very likely here on COM forum. This is why the suggestion is best made on Romanian domain where players can support the idea together, and the CM there can forward the wishes to HQ and join the discussion. Plus, COM servers do not have RO language as an option for those who do not speak English -> from community perspective, it is best to make requests where they would have the biggest impact.

• As already stated, put some more effort into the app. It's by far the most convenient way to play, and the gameplay in rail nation lends itself perfectly to an app.

The problem is there's so many bugs in the app. I love the game, but it's seriously frustrating. Case in point, I haven't been able to watch videos for months. Now today all of the sudden I can't even log in. And even when I can, the load times for the game are seriously slow. Would love to see some optimization on this end.

• So now I am gonna keep my own Origin JOurney- funerals and have some wine ;) :thumbsup:

My condolences. <3

True, Origin Journey was a one time special event (or two-time since we had a round of express speed OJ)

And the next and even more special server will be the Orient Express! Our plans for Rail Nation in 2020 - Free browser-based online strategy game - Rail Nation

• Hi Lacidd23

OJ Express was a one-time event and there are no plans to bring it back, but whatever else and exciting is planned, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised! Things have moved a bit slow for the last months due to HTML5 switch preparations but I'm sure we'll be back on track in no time!

And regulair OJ? As this is within Carreer Tasks, so only fair everyone, also newer players have oppertunity for getting it. Yeah a cetain Console community likes to complete all tasks. 100% a game

See no other way then stop with this game

• This will not be possible, there have already been career points for other events which cannot be made up for.

e.g. Clash (I think there was already the 3rd edition), who was not present at the first two events, will not receive the points.

The winter event was now also the 2nd time. The points from the first event are missing some participants, even those who were not present.

Master 1 and Festival as well.

There will certainly be new events you can participate in, but others will not.

It is just like in normal life. If you join a sports club, you can't change the results of the previous games and they won't be made up for just because you haven't been there ;-)

• I told you, there are tasks that lie in the present.

There will certainly be tasks where you take part in it, but not others.

It's not just because it's not playable at the moment that it's not coming. It is currently just not planned. Who knows what will happen in 1-2 years, maybe it will come back then.