Association widget video issue

• Because it has been a while, and during this winter event where the value of coins is much higher (with the fee it has become quite difficult to get as much profit it seems), this bug is kinda game-breaking :

if you have opened the association widget and refreshed it just after the bonuses have been collected (therefore all the videos are available), you can then watch 1 video of each of your teammates that doesn't exist anymore (because someone else watched it after you refreshed, but before you clicked), and still gain the bonus from the second video (which is the best way to gain winter coins atm).

Basically, instead of 1 person gaining 25 bonuses, you can have as many as 25 people gaining those 25 bonuses each.

It's annoying for 2 reasons :

1/ in regular times, you might lose time watching videos without giving your teammates any profit (because someone else already did)

2/ you can get much more bonuses than should be possible without this bug

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• Do you mean you can still watch videos that were already watched or you can't?
    If you can watch all of them still that is working as intended and not a bug.

Kind Regards,

Mollymauk

• if you have opened the association widget and refreshed it just after the bonuses have been collected (therefore all the videos are available), you can then watch 1 video of each of your teammates that doesn't exist anymore (because someone else watched it after you refreshed, but before you clicked), and still gain the bonus from the second video (which is the best way to gain winter coins atm).

If a video becomes available, only one player can watch that video and noone else. And of course, it should be impossible to gain advantages as second player trying to watch a video, that already has been watched by another player..

However, i am not sure what sacroima exactly means.

• don't you think that the feature of the widget described by you just solves the problem with the bonuses of the winter market?)

• If a video becomes available, only one player can watch that video and noone else. And of course, it should be impossible to gain advantages as second player trying to watch a video, that already has been watched by another player..

However, i am not sure what sacroima exactly means.

If you use the Association Widget in game - multiple people can watch the same video as long as the Widget is refreshed before someone else watches the video. sacroima thought that this was a bug, but Mollymauk has said that if this is the case it is working as intended.

Emziie. :)

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• Do you mean you can still watch videos that were already watched or you can't?

Kind Regards,

Mollymauk

Then you have a discrepancy between the widget and people playing without the widget.

Sounds like an unintended feature to me.

Not talking about the fact that the widget refreshes by itself if someone collects a bonus.

So yeah, sure, it has advantages. But in the long run, is it really something you guys want to keep ? I mean, yeah you get more videos watched. But basically people watch half of the videos for no gain whatsoever. Doesn't sound right to me.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• How can that be useless? With the + package it's very advantageous for those watching the second video

the app players can't benefit of this "feature"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• How can that be useless? With the + package it's very advantageous for those watching the second video

The first player watches the first video for +10%, the second for a bonus.

All the others watch the first video for 0 bonus, and the second for a bonus. Exactly half of the videos they watch are effectively useless.

Are widgets available for regular accounts I don't remember ? It could be even funnier. You could have someone without a + account watching videos to help his teammates, when actually he doesn't do anything because the videos have already been watched. That would be hilariously stupid in its design.

the app players can't benefit of this "feature"

App players haven't been able to watch videos most of the time for the past 2 years anyway. I doubt they concern themselves with trying anymore.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

The post was edited 1 time, last by sacroima ().

Kind Regards,

Mollymauk

Our corp has been using this method extensively during the winter event, so here is our take on it:

Confirmed, you can (under certain circumstances) let all 25 players view all 25 winter videos (25 x 25 = 625 videos for the corp every 8 hours). But it requires a lot of communication, coordination and team work. If only 1 player does not follow the exact procedure, it does NOT work and videos disappear from the widget. This.... is definitely NOT working as intended then!

- All players have to wait until all the winter bonuses have been clicked (these need to be synced first to all drop at the same time)

- The call is made to open the widget (all players who are on-line have to do this in sync before any videos are watched)

- Then everyone has to watch all the winter videos in one go, without stopping, without refreshing, without closing and reopening the widget, without pressing any other bonuses from the widget and definitely without anyone clicking on the video from any of the stations!

- All players can in theory now view all 25 videos simultaneously. It takes about 30 minutes and in that time frame nobody may do anything wrong or the winter video will disappear for everyone.

This... works to some extent, we have tried it and were able to get about half of the available videos every 8 hours. sometimes all, but usually there is always 1 of the 25 players who clicks on a station bonus or station video, or refreshes the widget, or clicks on the wrong bonus button in the widget refreshing it automatically or does something else to mess it up. It is impossible to get everyone to follow the exact procedure, if you can then you should be so good that your corp is able to win an End Game on any RN server! :P

Even if you get all players to do it exactly right, something always goes wrong. It literally takes enormous communication, focus, team work and effort. I highly doubt that more than 1% of corps are able to pull this off, which leads me to still question the real intention of how this is supposed to work!

So concluding, yes it is somewhat working as intended, but still contains several bugs that make it NOT work as intended. Once the bonuses are all clicked and all the videos are loaded, and everybody has opened the widget, NONE of the videos should ever disappear until the player watched it from the widget. Right now, they always disappear before watching all videos if anyone performs any of the above mentioned actions.

This is definitely not intended to work this way (I have to assume).

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dutcher ().

• Well it was like this from the very appearance of vidget and is used extensively)) It's a surprise that this feature was not know to someone.

I mean, there are many features that work like that since the beginning, and can only be bugs (the fact that trains don't lose reliability when you switch their schedule often enough for example.). I just assumed this widget also was one such bug, even if I have used it extensively.

Or is not losing reliability on your trains if you change schedule every 30min also a feature ? Mollymauk I haven't had any answer on that bug report, and I reported it 18 months ago.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• Very interesting. So there is a bug in the association widget and the wintermarket, as it is quite obvious,

it could not have been the intention of the developers.