It’s holiday season and many people around the world either celebrate Christmas or just enjoy some time off between the years. There are incredibly many different ways how this time is celebrated and there are many different religious, cultural or simply family traditions around it. Some things like decorative lights, cookies or presents are pretty common, but most of us also have very unique personal traditions that are not common anywhere else.
We asked around in the team and already collected a few special „traditions":
- "I don’t give away presents but instead do a quiz for my family. The winner can choose which charity I donate something for" – Bruno
- "I decorate a tree on our balcony and put food for the birds in it" – Eva
- "It’s not really a tradition since I’ve only started this recently, but I’ll definitely make it a personal tradition to make butter beer at the 24th of December each year" - Salix"
- "I mix and try a new cocktail each year" – Pia"
- "I created a game myself and play it with my family. Whoever wins a round gets to unwrap a present of his choice" - Malte
- "After Christmas I always bake ‘New Year Cones" with cream filling" – Skadi
- "The entire family gathers, goes to the supermarket and the children get to select whatever food they want for the money they got for their Christmas carols. Needless to say, this results in loads of junk food, chips and candy." - Fotvel
What is YOUR unique holiday tradition? Is there anything special you do around this time of the year that you think most people are not doing? Let us know!
Your Rail Nation Team!