Last second steal "auction"

• Hi

Other games featuring auction mechanics add some more time (e.g. 30sec) after the last bid so that interested bidders could react. Now it is not an auction but a last second steal. :cursing:

• You shouldn't see it as a live auction, but rather as an auction that lasts exactly 1h55 min, during which time every corp can bet as much as they deem the worker worth.

At the end, the corp that paid the worker most hired him. It's as simple as that. Thinking someone stole your worker at the last second is simply wrong. You just didn't value him enough, compared to the other corp. Or couldn't compete with their bets.

Nobody is forced to bet at the last second, but people tend to do it, because that way you can usually get workers for less money.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• It is annoying that someone else can bid just 1$ more in the last second and steal the worker because I have no chance to react. I would call it not an auction but a mockery.

• You shouldn't see it as a live auction, but rather as an auction that lasts exactly 1h55 min, during which time every corp can bet as much as they deem the worker worth.

At the end, the corp that paid the worker most hired him. It's as simple as that. Thinking someone stole your worker at the last second is simply wrong. You just didn't value him enough, compared to the other corp. Or couldn't compete with their bets.

Nobody is forced to bet at the last second, but people tend to do it, because that way you can usually get workers for less money.

I agree!

It is annoying that someone else can bid just 1$ more in the last second and steal the worker because I have no chance to react. I would call it not an auction but a mockery.

It's a risk to bid just $1 more than highest bid in the last second because there could be another corp bidding $2 more in the last second, it's a chance you take.

Btw. I've seen it many times before that more corps than 1 are bidding in the last seconds, raising bids with many Millions...

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: COM202 Loch Ness :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: M1.201 Scandinavia :engine1: COMM26 Fast Track :engine1:

I definitely don't see it as stealing a Worker for the reasons sacroima has posted above. The auction always runs for a designated time, and it is about who can place the most in. If they put even $1 in more than you, then they've bidded more than you. It doesn't matter at which point in the Auction this is and the better option for you may be to bid in the last few seconds of the Auction rather than show your hand early.

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• hi am a new play on this game

Hello Player_4086, do you need any help?

You may be better to create a Forum post of your own to introduce yourself or ask any questions you may have. This Forum Post is in relation to Worker Auctions. If you need any assistance you can also create a Conversation with me.

Emziie. :)

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• Hi

Other games featuring auction mechanics add some more time (e.g. 30sec) after the last bid so that interested bidders could react. Now it is not an auction but a last second steal. :cursing:

It is annoying that someone else can bid just 1$ more in the last second and steal the worker because I have no chance to react. I would call it not an auction but a mockery.

Bet hard from the start and don't be stingy, so you might win.