The Optimal engine research order

• Hi,

The below is what i found the best order for engine change in my few days of game play in multiple servers. Share your thoughts.

Goods -> Swallow - Raven - Donkey - Black Bear - Dionysios - Morphues - Thor - Medusa - Centaur - Olympus

(Traction giants on first 2 ERAs, then move to sprinters and finally move to multi engines for end game where wait times are longer and may be hauling from warehouses)

Passenger -> Giraffe - Ajax - Hermes - Aten - Pluto

(No passenger trains in ERA 1 to be bought and no unnecessary tracks to be laid, rather focus on engine house to level 7, Laboratory, Bank, restaurant and shopping center alone in ERA 1)

Voldy

• I do :

1.swallow > rhino (> mole) > 2.lynx (> elephant) > 3. dionysos or prometh+morpheus > 4. thor > 5. mesusa > 6. Olympus

passengers :

MANDATORY IN ERA 1 AS WELL, OTHERWISE EVERYBODY IS STUCK

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• You are mising a trick labouring with medusa and not running lindworm

On average the lindworm is 20K/hr better than medusa and across the 9 (+/-) days it takes to research olly to full upgrade (due to the capacity of LIndworm) that amounts to $1.04 BILLION of lost earning to be on olly 1 and a bit days earlier with amounts to something like 15 million extra

• On average the lindworm is 20K/hr better than medusa and across the 9 (+/-) days it takes to research olly to full upgrade (due to the capacity of LIndworm) that amounts to $1.04 BILLION of lost earning to be on olly 1 and a bit days earlier with amounts to something like 15 million extra

that's completely false

1/ I value much more RP and the speed at which I get OL, than some money for running lindworms for 4 days (not 9)

2/ I get OL in 7-8 days and I have no idea how you can spend 9 days to research hydra + OL (the only 2 missing trains after having completed lindworm), please compare comparable things... If you take that long to do 2 researches, then you can't assume running lindworm the first day of era 6 either.

If you were to compare 2 comparable things, you would see that the gains are much smaller than that (basically you spend 81 RP more than me to get lindworm full, I only need 222 more RP before starting to earn money with non-upgraded OL, which already are quite viable. Let's say 300 RP for the necessary upgrades to actually have OL that are better than lindworms. That's 4 days, if you don't get any competitions + lottery + workers. Not 9.

And now, you have to input all the losses you have, for buying lindworms. 50 millions $$, and precious vouchers (10 millions a piece). And the day you will be running lindworms and I will have fully upgraded OL before you.

And all that, not taking into account that medusa is more flexible (higher top speed and acceleration, no need for 25 extra wagons of each good compared to OL).

And don't get me started on the "catch-up" on city levels (easier to level up the later in the era you are, so that having the best trains as early as possible is much more valuable than running a better train between days 3 and 7, and a worse one for days 8 and 9.

I can assure you, I did the maths. And my trains were pretty much optimized. I've seen the top players on masters do the same with medusas as well. There must be a reason ;)

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• I can give you the numvers if you like but recheking my figures there seems to be a discrepancy so yes the advantage is not so big never the less

olly requires 289 rp plus hyrda 185 which gives a total of 474 rp which requires 6.17 days

to completely research the extra repeat extra 75 rp from the lindworm path requires 23.4 hours based on a fully upgraded lab with a researcher. do some maths yourself on how much 25 lindworm can earn in 6.17 days

currently my olly are earning 404k/hr so it is a fair assumtion that 5 medusa would be earning around 40k/hr less the figures would be

40k x 25 x 24 x 6.17 which is 148 million. What ever your opinion it has worked for me but I only post so people have a informed choice

• Taking into consideration the cost of a Fleet of Lindworms, the fact that you'd use any Engine Vouchers you had which are worth 10m per piece on Olympus for not much variation in time from getting Lind worms to Olympus I stick with Medusas.

If you were convinced you wanted a different train to Medusas until you get to Olympus then there is far better options than Lindworm, they were a great option and my favorite train of the round UNTIL the amount they haul, their speed, and their acceleration were change.

Link to Engine Compare: railnationenginecompare.htm?en&pro#8h

Emziie. :)

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• You can get the phoenix on the first day of the era). Why do you need Udava and Medusa?

Google translated by Moderator

Samiia please comment in English here on COM/US forum, or from the profile multilingualism settings select Русский (RU) so you can join Russian language threads User Guide - Rail Nation Forum

Who in their right minds would ever willingly go into a train that has 2 acceleration when they can use medusas ????

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• This is true for express scripts and sparsely populated servers. Or for playing solo. But if you play on the classics and keep 2-3 cities at the level of megacities, the jellyfish is a bad choice in terms of tonnage and income and won competitions 17 cars vs. 9, no acceleration does not save. The only option when you can stay on the jellyfish is to move to Olympus with the pumped up speed and wagons on day 4-5 of the era. It's quite real and without investing real, but it takes a lot of time.

Translated with DeepL Переводчик (free version)

• I had struggled with Phoenix accelaration on integrated routes. Found Centuars easy to manage even though the profits are slightly less than medusas.

Its mostly steel beams, stainless steel, machinery, bulbs, sheet metals etc hauled at end of ERA 5 and early ERA 6 which needs a lot of integrated runs with coal, iron ore, Iron, steel, pipes, copper ore, copper, wires, hardware etc.

If you pull Bauxite or silica etc, phoenix can be a good choice. Else, the run can be between city and warehouse directly with one stop for WH delivery

• Hmm the linked site is now blocked by google Safe Browsing for installing dangerous or unwanted software.