I have started RN 2 months back, joined a few servers in Mid game and played end Game. The below are composed based on my experience and the leanings i have from my mistakes in those EGs. Please feel free to add more tips and point mistakes if any.
The top 10 cities will become mega cities after ERA 6 and play end game. Each city starts end game with a gap of 30 minutes to 60 minutes between cities in the order they qualified for end game. So the end game starts in the 10th city after 5-6 hours of the 1st city starts it.
While there are 10 cities qualified for the end game, usually only 3-4 cities compete seriously. The other cities and associates in it may join and pick up one of the cities to play together to have a better chance of winning.
- Identify the city where your association plans to play the end game. Some of this decisions happens in ERA2 or ERA 3 itself.
- Connect to the planned end game city and have lines connecting one or more resource fields of all the 48 resource types.
- Have plenty of wagons of all types. You haul only one resource for EG at any time and its good to have upto 300 wagons of each resource. While its difficult to have 300+ wagons of ERA 5 and ERA 6 goods, atleast make it available for the lower ERA goods. Once you finish a good in EG, you can sell all wagons and use that money to buy wagons on higher cost.
- The associates plan to play EG in a city, work together and identify one or more experienced callers for EG. As EG goes for 24-48 hours, its better to have callers from different time zones who can co-ordinate round the clock.
- Get the best engines for EG. If you can fully research Olympus and Minerva (passenger), you are in a good position to play EG.
- Set up the city chats (online and Offline). It would also be good to play a practise round atleast 24 hours before the EG in the planned city.
- Park all trains (goods) 2-3 hours before the EG or drive in a far way city so that the wait times in Industries are cooled down to zero. You can continue to run passenger trains but its better to run them as Drop only in the EG city to get the best results.
- Get good sleep before the EG starts. If your city is 4th or later, no need to watch others playing EG. Just get enough sleep and login 15-30 minutes before EG starts in your city. An alternate approach is to play EG in the top cities for a few rounds for practice and get enough prestige before EG starts in your city if you have connected around the top cities.
The End Game
- There are 2 types of goods. Online good which every one hauls if they are online and offline goods which can be hauled if you are away for few hours. If you are going to sleep, better to run Passengers only and park your goods trains.
- Out of 48 goods (49 is passenger), 12 goods appear first randomly. Once you complete all 12 goods, then next 12 appears.
- City consumes goods every 15 minutes for all 12 goods. But once you have completed a good 100%, you don't have to worry about the city consumption.
How to Play
- If you are away when EG starts in your city, you may set all passengers trains as offline to the EG city and come back later to haul online goods.
- Wait for the Online good call in the city chat and haul only that good. If you do not have connection to the factory or not have enough wagons, either park your trains or drive away into a different city and haul it there. Do not haul any good that is not called unless there is an explicit call to haul it as offline.
- Haul always direct. In EG, do not haul integrated chains. You spoil wait times in other factories coming up by hauling integrated.
- Only completed goods gives you prestige. So no point in hauling solo a good that is not called for. If you haul any other things as offline, you break the wait times of that good for others.
- With a good amount of online players, each good can be finished in 20 minutes to 45 minutes provided the factory does not have huge wait times except ERA 5 and ERA 6 goods.
- If a good in finished 5 to 10 minutes before hourly recalculation, the caller usually ask to Park for the next hour to start. If there are 2-3 factories near by, the caller may also call a good for the next 10 minutes only for one of the factories and ask all to switch to a secondary factory after recalculation.
- If the caller asked to haul a good with more wait time, just agree and do not argue or discuss. If there is a mistake, let them understand the mistake themselves. By debating over city chat, you are simply adding extra pressure on the caller and forcing him or her to make mistakes and call the wrong good due to pubic opinion.
- When a good is expected to be finished, keep quiet and wait for instructions. Dont ask whats next.
- Some times, the decision and communication happens in other apps and not on city chat. Just observer what others are hauling in such cases.
- In city forums, you will also see players from other competing EG cities connected. They will try to create confusion and irritate you. Ignore those tantrums
- For factories with wait times, its advisable to have the biggest hauling corporation to have majority investments. If others invest, the majority of players will have increased wait times. Not really useful to invest during EG unless asked because nobody is going to use the leveled up factory in future after the goods are completed in EG.
- Once the end game starts, you may use the mechanic in your trains (multi slot engines reduces the need of too many mechanic coupons) and have your boosts activated.
- You may use up the instant dispatches for factories with large wait times
- Once you identify the city that is going to win, it is also suggested to build tracks there before the game finishes. Connecting to winning city gives you extra medal and prestige
Hope you liked the guide. If so, feel free to press the Like button. If you have more tips and tricks or found mistakes in my guide, add them as comments below.