Is the Restaurant and Shopping centre worth the invetment?

• It's nice to have the money from the Restaurant and Shopping centre coming it, especially when someone else does the clicking for you... but... is it really worth the investment? They are so expensive to upgrade. It's nice to get the prestige points for building them, but do you end up losing money? Has anyone "done the math"?

Rail Nation Digital Railway Tycoon

ES01 Máquina de Vapor

• Yes!

Restaurant, Shop and Hotel!!!

These 3 buildings are a great source of money and prestige.

If all bonuses are collected on time!!!!!

You need to start building them from the first day of the first era, and finish them at the latest in the 4th era

If bonuses are collected on time.

It is not expensive to build these buildings.

Because they are self-funded by bonuses.

These 3 buildings make the true bank in the game.

Where your money comes back with a large percentage of interest.

We wish you a pleasant game!

With best wishes,

HMR!

• Someone, somewhere, once said that the restaurant, hotel and shopping centre are like extra engines.

Just like you purchase new and better engines, you can upgrade these buildings and the investment always comes back, with interest! With a nice and active team, you will never miss a bonus and the money just keeps rolling 8)

• It's nice to have the money from the Restaurant and Shopping centre coming it, especially when someone else does the clicking for you... but... is it really worth the investment? They are so expensive to upgrade. It's nice to get the prestige points for building them, but do you end up losing money? Has anyone "done the math"?

• My FAVORITE buildings... just wanted to say that :)

Looks like you have all the information you need.. but again they are my FAVORITE. :D

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• my favourite buildings are restaurant and hotel

shopping centre has a bad return of invest.

e-g: EXPRESS from lvl 24 to lvl 25 you have to invest 5 mil. but you only get 32k more every 3 hours

at era 5 day 2 it doesn´t make sense to build SC cause you won´t get return of imvest

SO, .... you have to be careful cause at some points (it varies from era and day) building the SC is burning money

• I think restaurant level 24 is the must (because after that the price goes up from 2.3M to 4M).

Usually, what I do is build the restaurant ASAP up to 24, with the hotel lagging a bit behind, and the SC even lower. And then the hotel catches up slowly. But I never go beyond hotel level 25 because for me, money is usually more important than an investment on long term PP (which is the only gain for hotel above level 25).

I tend to finish that building during the EG. For the SC, I am lazy so I never really did the maths, but it might actually be better to not upgrade the last levels (similarly to the hotel), because the pay off is very low.

Usually, for me, in the first few days of era 1, the restaurant is an extra 3 trains, because I invest a lot in it (and it grows exponentially compared to your opponents).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

If an active team wants to try new strategies on an E v W scenario (winning EvW agressively), I might be down for it > pm me :)

• Bonus buildings are the most important Buildings. Get it up as quickly as u can, every day earlier u get it to limit of 32, is one day more u get more Money. Stupid Laboratory building as quickly as u can worth nothing. Go Era 1 to 8 as quick as u can, at the end the last three day up to 11 or 12, last day of Era 2 16 or 17, Era 3 20, Era 4 22 and Era 5 25 and you'll get in Era 1-4 the best Engine at least about 12 hours later than before, but millons more money every day instead of other players. The other players only get about these 12 hours 10% more Transport income, that's nothing in comparison to your bonus buildings.

Without gold invest (only starter package and plus account) u can get restaurant up to 32 in Era one while activly watching videos. If not you are able to finish it in Era two a least. In best case u get restaurant in Era 1 to 32, Hotel in Era 2 and Shopping Center in Era 3. Do it this way and u have no money problems first four eras. Day 7 Era 6 my earnings of bonus buildings are 675 Mio. There only have to be someone collecting bonuses for u.

• Bonus buildings are the most important Buildings. Get it up as quickly as u can, every day earlier u get it to limit of 32, is one day more u get more Money. Stupid Laboratory building as quickly as u can worth nothing. Go Era 1 to 8 as quick as u can, at the end the last three day up to 11 or 12, last day of Era 2 16 or 17, Era 3 20, Era 4 22 and Era 5 25 and you'll get in Era 1-4 the best Engine at least about 12 hours later than before, but millons more money every day instead of other players. The other players only get about these 12 hours 10% more Transport income, that's nothing in comparison to your bonus buildings.

Without gold invest (only starter package and plus account) u can get restaurant up to 32 in Era one while activly watching videos. If not you are able to finish it in Era two a least. In best case u get restaurant in Era 1 to 32, Hotel in Era 2 and Shopping Center in Era 3. Do it this way and u have no money problems first four eras. Day 7 Era 6 my earnings of bonus buildings are 675 Mio. There only have to be someone collecting bonuses for u.

More trains in the long term generate higher profits.. The lab helps to run better trains for more money before. What you write is stupid.

• depends on what you play for, if want prestige - be sure to have hotel to level 32 fast, i reached this level in 4th era last game and at the end my difference in "full base prestige" was pretty big compared with #1, i was #25 in base prestige with hotel level 32 in era 4 and full base in era 5 day 3

• depends on what you play for, if want prestige - be sure to have hotel to level 32 fast, i reached this level in 4th era last game and at the end my difference in "full base prestige" was pretty big compared with #1, i was #25 in base prestige with hotel level 32 in era 4 and full base in era 5 day 3

If you play for prestige, it's much better to use the tens of millions you would spend on the hotel for

1/ tracks

2/ tracks

3/ tracks

(4/ investments sometimes)

Why is that ? tracks allow you to gain money (competitions, more variety of schedules for deliveries = more money as well), prestige (competitions, investments on certain industries where nobody invests, deliveries), gold (competitions). The hotel only gives you a few prestige points.

Yes, you get 2 prestige points * 8/day*28days(2eras) =500 prestige points for each level of the hotel, which is quite good (some levels are worth 3 PP with the bonus video, + the worker, etc). But anyways, that amount of prestige points is not worth the millions in era 4 IMO. Because PP are not a limited good, as long as you have money, you have many ways to convert that money into prestige.

Whereas tracks are a long term investment with very high pay-off, the hotel has a flat pay-off of 20 PP/day / level.

But going for the hotel is very good if you aim to break the PP record for the station category ;)

Bonus buildings are the most important Buildings. Get it up as quickly as u can, every day earlier u get it to limit of 32, is one day more u get more Money. Stupid Laboratory building as quickly as u can worth nothing. Go Era 1 to 8 as quick as u can, at the end the last three day up to 11 or 12, last day of Era 2 16 or 17, Era 3 20, Era 4 22 and Era 5 25

You are right to some extent with the laboratory. But overall you are wrong. Yes it's worthless in early era 1 (once you get it to 6 or 7, I don't recall precisely, you stop it for 10 days), but then you must have it at level 16-17 for the beginning of era 2, and finish it by the end of era 3, if you really aim for the top.

It is especially important in era 2, because you must have the girafe and the lynx ASAP, since the era 1 trains are shit nowadays. And in era 4, because the thor is at the end of the research tree.

Since we talked about lab in addition to restaurant. One quick tip : keep your restaurant at level 31 until your lab costs as much as your restaurant. Because you want to be able to gain money by redeeming the -20% cost vouchers on your restaurant level 32 and then cancel the upgrade.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

If an active team wants to try new strategies on an E v W scenario (winning EvW agressively), I might be down for it > pm me :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by sacroima ().

• Don't worry about me - went with this strategy good since two years. Got in playerranking on german SoE Server 7, 17, 3, 4, 3, 12 in a row and also on german OJ Server ranking at 10. Heavily pushing laboratory don't worth it. With this strategy you'll get lynx, prometheus and thor in three days at least otherwise u can get it perhabs 12 to 18 hours earlier. How much u earn in Era 1 and 2 a day? 3 or 4 Mio? So u earn few 100k more, your restaurant doing it every 90 minutes more.

However don't tell me I'm wrong never trying it. More than 40 people already told me , but everyone of it I could convince being wrong themselve after doing it.

• Don't worry about me - went with this strategy good since two years. Got in playerranking on german SoE Server 7, 17, 3, 4, 3, 12 in a row and also on german OJ Server ranking at 10. Heavily pushing laboratory don't worth it. With this strategy you'll get lynx, prometheus and thor in three days at least otherwise u can get it perhabs 12 to 18 hours earlier. How much u earn in Era 1 and 2 a day? 3 or 4 Mio? So u earn few 100k more, your restaurant doing it every 90 minutes more.

However don't tell me I'm wrong never trying it. More than 40 people already told me , but everyone of it I could convince being wrong themselve after doing it.

I'm not saying using it you won't be able to reach the top10, I'm saying other strategies such as mine work better. (I've optimised everything about era 1 train station buildings, I also get restaurant 32 by mid era 2, but I also have a level 22 lab at the end of era 2).

+ you sacrifice your team and region for personal ranking by skipping girafe (if everybody was doing the same as you, everybody would be stuck), whereas with my strategy you can get girafe + lynx very quickly.

Oh and since you want to compare **** size, I've done 3 top1, and any time I chose to, I got top5 while playing fully for my region (once, I did it with a total of 3 competitions done and only delivering to the city only the day of the level up, never chasing PP) and without investing money. Not that it is relevant to this discussion.

I've seen terrible players reaching top1, and some of the most cleverer ones barely making top100.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur