⏩ Fast forward - 4x speed

• Dear players,

Things change fast! Have you seen today's blog post? Click Here

A 4x speed server is coming! ⏩

What do you think of that? How will this change your tactics? What do you expect to happen?

Let us know,

Your Rail Nation team

• I did not come so soon after the survey, but if it arrived, when I receive the greatest pleasure.

It is exciting, I hope to be fun.

I can not wait to play!

Rail Nation Fast Forward: Welcome!

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :)

• Isn't html5 the most important thing to focus at? Make sure all servers are rolled out with html5 with good working and stable servers before adding again something new. How unbelievable again this is. In a year from now I fear for the continuing of rail nation :cursing:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Isn't html5 the most important thing to focus at?

It's a common misconception that we have to or can focus on just one thing. HTML5 for example is something that almost exclusively concerns our front end developers. And they work on pretty much nothing else. However that doesn't mean the rest of the team will just go on vacation or that artists, game design, UX or marketing will suddenly write HTML5 code (which, no doubt, would not be a good idea).
    People often forget that the Rail Nation team does not just consist of one homegenous group of "devs". There are different kinds of devs and plenty of people who are not devs at all. One group can do things while the other is busy.
    And it turned out that 4x speed is one of the things we are actually able to do without bothering the devs that are working on HTML5. And it's not the only thing. There will be more announcements and changes in the next weeks or months that simply do not concern HTML5 and the devs behind it at all.

If we would truly focus on one thing at all and everybody here would lean back and relax, just because our FE devs are busy, then your last sentence would be justified: In that case we really would have to fear the continuation of Rail Nation.
    Luckily that's not the case.

• I've never really been interested in those "faster but not so fast" servers.

What I've usually liked are servers that are either x1 (x1.8 on travian-like games I liked), but basically slow enough for you to be able to enjoy a long night's sleep without missing out on anything. Or servers that are extremely fast (x100, x200) and last for a few hours to 2 days.

A x4 server, for me, simply means that you need to be 2 people on the same account (one playing during the night) if you want to compete with the people that will do that. And since I'm not interested in sharing an account on RN, I will most likely never play a x4 RN server (in addition, classic is so boring...), because I will simply not be able to compete with the top-dogs (each night will be like the loss of 1 day in terms of station buildings, prestige will be extremely difficult to gain, etc).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

• In the blog it says:

'In just four days you’ll already have completed the first era, you can collect bonuses in much shorter intervals, a competition takes place every 1.5 hours and the endgame starts only after 24 days!'

On express servers competitions start every 6 hours just like in regular speed servers... Two players asked me why Express doesn't have competitions starting every 3 hours? Should it? Or is Express server fine the way it is and the 4x speed server now has these special new 'Fast Forward' competitions...

• First thing I noticed, the speed is FAST!

It's raining money! I had a casual chat with someone and suddenly, 200k in my pocket to upgrade the Engine House. And again the next lvl...

What's different in your game compared to regular or 2x speed servers?

And what's the level of your highest upgraded station building in just 2 days?

• I closed my eyes, opened them again and it was Era 6. Joking, but it is super fast!! :)

I love it, but there is a change on here that I've noticed along with other people that I love. And i'd love to see this extended to more Servers.

If you enter a competition for a License, instead of a designated License you win a License Voucher. This is so much more valuable, however this change is currently only present on the X 4 Servers and i'd love to see this extended to all Servers. What do other people think?

Ps if you see me around, say hello! I am on both M26 and COM6 :).

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• It doesn't load. Same crap again. Can't log in, takes at least 30 minutes for the loading bars to finish.

By that time the era is already over, let alone starting competitions on time or being able to watch any videos.

The Travian videos take more than a minute to load as well, this game is almost dead, it is unplayable this way.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• It doesn't load. Same crap again. Can't log in, takes at least 30 minutes for the loading bars to finish.

By that time the era is already over, let alone starting competitions on time or being able to watch any videos.

The Travian videos take more than a minute to load as well, this game is almost dead, it is unplayable this way.

Please contact game support if you are unable to access the game. It doesn't seem like others are affected with over one minute long videos from Travian, or with loading screen that takes 30 minutes to finish before the game starts. Game support can help you with the account related technical details where the forum crew cannot.

• something is wrong. it says fast forward Endgame finished for me i cant even click on it anymore

Just to test it out, do you have another browser you can use? This way you can test if there's something in the cookies - or you can also clear the cache and cookies as the 1st step. If neither of these options work, please contact game support.

:engine1: Support : Rail Nation