⏩ Fast forward - 4x speed

• Need the English only x4 speed to come back. I'm not going to play any other x4 speed servers. And neither are many or any of our corp players. English or nada, your choice ;)

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• rapid rail has 1,000 more accounts than fast track, yet not restarting? How is this so?

Hi there.
    Let me try to answer this and a few other questions about why there is no "english only" server.

The relevant info here is that registrations are not the most important number here. It's not really important for anything, be it gameplay, serverload or generally the "success" of a game world. Because just a player registered, this does not necessarily mean he is actually playing for long.
    What matters are the daily active users, short: DAU.
    While there is of course some kind of connection between registration numbers and DAU, it's a rather complicated connection that strongly depends on the context behind the registrations.
    Registrations from some sources tend to transform to DAUs reliably while others do not. For example if an already active player decided to register on a Fast Forward game world, it's rather likely he will also play it. If we advertise Fast Forward on a mobile platform, we attract mobile players who have a much stronger tendency to just test everything (so it's easy to get a lot of people), but they are also incredibly likely to leave again very quickly. So when 1000 of those players register for a gameworld, the resulting DAU will be waaaaay lower compared to 1000 RN veterans registering.

That's why registrations are only a small part of the puzzle and why DAU are the far more important metric. We actually have a pretty neat example on the current round of Fast Forward. One of the two Russian servers actually reached the limit of 10.000 registrations and therefore exceeds all other servers for that metric. Sounds great, right? But if you look at the current DAU, it's only the 7th best Fast Forward gameworld. That's because this particular server had a higher percentage of players who do not tend to stay.

So why does the english server not restart? Basically because we noticed that, despite seemingly high activations, the server has pretty low DAU. If we could just repeat what we did for the first round, that would not be a problem. As you all noticed, the game is still playable on that server, the DAU are not too low.
    The problem here is that usually, when we repeat a certain event very quickly, numbers are much lower. There are multiple reasons for that. First of all the appeal of it being new is lost, so people are less curious about it.
    Secondly, a big part of launching an event like that usually goes along with a marketing campaign, i.e. advertising. This helps to get new players in the game or bring old players, who quit playing, back. Launching the same marketing campaign twice has a much much lower effect, because we basically already reached everyone who is interested the first time. Players who did not react to this advertisement won't change their mind just because we do the same again.
    That could be changed by developing an entirely new marketing campaign. However that takes weeks or months. With a spontaneous decision like right now, this is simply not possible.

So because of these two reasons, we expect much lower numbers. Of course we might be wrong. These things are hard to predict and especially the current corona situation changes a lot of things in unpredictable ways. Maybe there will be much more players than expected. But maybe not. We simply don't know. So we try not to gamble but work based on what we know.

And finally, one more argument for why there is no English-only server: There is another server that didn't make the cut, the French server. The French server also has pretty low DAU and the only reason why it has just enough players is that marketing tried very very hard to make this happen. For the reasons explained above, this can not be repeated; a second French server would have much lower DAUs.
    But of course we want our French players to be able to play anyway. And not just French players, but also Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, Italian, etc. etc.
    All of these communities are not big enough to have their own server. However, that is no reason to exclude them. That's why we need a place where everyone can play and that place is the international server. The problem is of course communication. While English is the most common second language in the western world, not everyone is speaking it. A lot of our players simply don't speak english. So we can't just say "English is mandatory" on the international server. It doesn't make sense to force people to speak a language they simply don't speak. It also doesn't make sense to completely exclude them, based on their origin. That's why English is recommended on the international server, but not mandatory. Making it mandatory would be extremely unfair towards a big part of our community.

Yes, playing on a server with multiple languages is challenging and of course we understand that it would be much easier if everyone just spoke English. But that would essentially mean that we have to be jerks towards everyone who simply doesn't speak English by completely excluding them. And that is not okay and I don't think anyone really wants that.

I hope this info helps you to understand why we planned the game worlds this way. For future, bigger releases we can can certainly try again to also have a English-only server. For this spontaneous release however it simply wasn't possible. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Salix

PS: Sorry for the (probably plenty) spelling mistakes. I wrote this before my morning coffee :sleeping:

• I know it is not the 4x experience, but if you and your association mates wish to continue in EN-only server, we have these 2x speed servers running now:

• COM-5 Cylinder Head (era 1, day 4 - good time to join!)
    • COM203 Tower Bridge (era 2 day 4)
    • US103 Broadway (era 6 day 4, so will be the first to restart to give a speedy experience after RR, starting on 17th of April)
  • I know it is not the 4x experience, but if you and your association mates wish to continue in EN-only server, we have these 2x speed servers running now:

• COM-5 Cylinder Head (era 1, day 4 - good time to join!)
    • COM203 Tower Bridge (era 2 day 4)
    • US103 Broadway (era 6 day 4, so will be the first to restart to give a speedy experience after RR, starting on 17th of April)

I really like the restart, and not too bothered its not en English only scenario. This time I hope to make it from the start.

However I would really like to hear some well thought comments from developers on the possibility of 4x speed servers on SoE

• Salix ,

I apologize for saying what I am going to say and thank you for your long explanation;

however, it is cut off by the base when all its explanation goes against what all the players in the market do! which leads me to the conclusion drawn a long time ago that it is of a team that does not know which way to take nor listening its customers.

the proof of this is the OJ, a scenario that certainly had a great investment and ended up being passed over (I don't know why) and while walking around with strategies like this, they will only make players loyal to the game go away from it, to the detriment of players who walk around here a week or a month and never come back due to the complexity of the game;

this is a game that we all like to play, but it is just a game, and if you keep NOT listening to the players, I don't see a long future for RN;

your explanation is good, but let me tell you that I have some players who register on Fast Track and then switch to Rapid Rail, because they don't like the communication on that server; and even in the game what I’m seeing now and a large part of the players say that for others they don’t go, just like me;

what I think (and many players) is that you have preferred players, those who play hard with a credit card, and that's okay, but in that case you should tell everyone about it!

what makes the RN have the number of players that you just mentioned are the ones who spend many hours of their time playing and testing the game, they are the real soul of the game and those who don't realize it don't even deserve to have them as customers.

I will not speak again on this topic,

good luck to all.

SixPT

PS: this is a google translate; you can see what happends when we use it!!

The post was edited 2 times, last by SixPT ().

• the proof of this is the OJ, a scenario that certainly had a great investment and ended up being passed over

What exactly do you mean with "being passed over"?

what I think (and many players) is that you have preferred players, those who play hard with a credit card, and that's okay, but in that case you should tell everyone about it!

That is simply not true. I mean, sure, finances is important. For example we could just throw money at google or facebook or other ad platform and we can essentially fill every server, if we just use enough money. That is a possibility...but of course a financially foolish one that we can't afford. So in that apsect, of course we want to stay profitable. We have employees and plenty more costs to pay, so of course we need to generate revenue. Nobody is denying that.
    However, not starting a French or English server has very little to do with money. France, for example, is not actually a bad market in terms of revenue. Much better than some eastern european markets. Yet we do have a Easter Europe game world but no French gameworld. The reason for that is that we have enough players to fill an Easter Europe server but not a French server. The same applies to an exclusively english server plus an international one. It is very unlikely that we fill both. We COULD fill an EN-only-server, if we directed non-english players there (for example by advertising this server for Italian players). But then they would not actually speak english, essentially making it an international server where everyone is violating the language rules.

So yes. We care about revenue, we have to. But revenue was definitely not the deciding factor here. The DAU and the ability to acquire enough players are.
    Saying all this, I might look like a complete fool in 2 weeks. It is of course possible that our predictions are wrong and for some reason (for example Corona) the Fast Forward game worlds are flooded with way more players than expected. That can still happen, making all my explanations here look ridiculous in hindsight. But with the information we have available right now, that is not likely to happen. And as mentioned above, we have to rely on what we know, we can't gamble. Otherwise we risk having game worls that are essentially unplayable. And that is in no ones interest.

what makes the RN have the number of players that you just mentioned are the ones who spend many hours of their time playing and testing the game, they are the real soul of the game

Yes, I totally agree. And this includes the players who happened to grow up in a country or time where you don't learn english. This is precisely why it's important not to treat non-english-speaking players like second class players and not offer a game world to them.
    And this is also why it's important why we can't just open so many game worlds that some of them will not be able to provide proper gameplay.

• For those who asked about Gold transfer:

COM6 and FR4 will not restart.
    Gold (purchased + won + prestige gold) and plus account can be collected on COM and FR domain worlds respectively, once the server has ended.

M27 is our extra server that might restart.

Gold (purchased + won + prestige gold) and plus account can be collected on any domain, once the server has ended.

The remaining servers will get a new round.

Gold (purchased + won + prestige gold) and plus account will be available for the players on the second round, and will wait for you there.

Please note, that there will not be pre-registration or super starter package available at the end of the first rounds.

• Ahh drats.... and I blew most of my won gold after the earlier announcement :( Now you say it carries over..... Ho hum... at least it was free gold :D

• Also.. in the EG the investments page for a called industry became completely unusable.. crashed the whole game several times and had to restart. This also meant you couldn't use the page to set Instant Dispatches either...

How about if we could assign Instant Dispatch vouchers to trains _before_ they are in the industry using the trains panel? This way we could set them only for Ollies and nothing else and attach 5 (or more) to each one individually etc?

Thoughts....

• Also.. in the EG the investments page for a called industry became completely unusable.. crashed the whole game several times and had to restart. This also meant you couldn't use the page to set Instant Dispatches either...

How about if we could assign Instant Dispatch vouchers to trains _before_ they are in the industry using the trains panel? This way we could set them only for Ollies and nothing else and attach 5 (or more) to each one individually etc?

Thoughts....

You can! :) Click on the train you would like to put Instant Dispatches on, press Train Details and scroll down. Here you will see Instant Dispatches. :)

Emziie

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• You can! :) Click on the train you would like to put Instant Dispatches on, press Train Details and scroll down. Here you will see Instant Dispatches. :)

Emziie

you see the instant dispatches only when a train is loading at an industry

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Question,

Why are our city quota's on x4 speed (s6) all of a sudden 40% higher than expected?

They are at 223k instead of 162k for a level 37 city.

This is ridiculous, how can anybody plan an end game with this?

Our chances are gone before we even started the end game, we're dead in the water.

When and where was this announced that the end game quota's would be changed according to # of connected players instead of city level???

The 160 'connected' players are not hauling for our city, they haul elsewhere.

But our level 37 city now has a quota equal to a level 46 city, wth?

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Dutcher Formula, depends on the number of active players.

Changelog HTML5 v1 (DE)

About Salt Springs - 42 = 65,000*3 (Lagergrösse im Endspiel)

Block 1) Active Players 630

65,000*3*(630/100)^0,5= 489,000

Block 2) Active players 663

65,000*3*(663/100)^0,5 = 502,000

• This is shortened automatic translation of changes / Changelog HTML5 v1 (DE)

Definition of "active players"

A player is considered active if he was online within the last 3 days and has more than 20 prestige points.

Landmark

(Only available on game worlds that start after April 20, 2020)

The required amount per commodity and the number of passengers required now depends more on the number of active players in the city.

Additionally, the amount of goods needed to increase the landmarks from level 1 to 2 has been reduced by 60%.

Landmarks: The amount of goods required per item and the number of people required is now more dependent on the number of active players in the city.

Final Game

(Only currently available on the Fast Forward Servers and on game worlds starting after April 20, 2020)

The number of tons needed in a metropolis depends on the number of active players and is recalculated with each block.

This basically means that a new multiplier is added to the calculation of the required tons. The calculation based on the level of the metropolis remains the same.

The new multiplier is calculated as follows: (number of active players /100)^0.5

That is to say: (old calculation)*(new multiplier) = required tons.

After each completed block this quantity is calculated again. So, if more players joined the city during the first block or players became inactive, the amount of required tons would change accordingly.