⏩ Fast forward - 4x speed

• Have RN team actually looked at a globe to see how much of the world uses ENGLISH as their sole or main language. Then add to those all the people who are fluent in English as a second language and who regularly use the other English Language servers. Now factor in those who play the English only server to improve their English skills. Ergo, to drop this server is most peculiar.

Come on RN, think again.

"Over 2 billion people speak English, making English the largest language by number of speakers, and the third largest language by number of native speakers. With 300 million native speakers, the United States of America is the largest English-speaking country. Most native speakers of English are Americans.

Additionally, there are 60 million native speakers in the United Kingdom, 29 million in Canada, 25.1 million in Australia, 4.7 million in the Republic of Ireland, and 4.9 million in New Zealand.

In the European Union, English is one of 24 official languages and is widely used by institutions, and by a majority of the population as the native language in the United Kingdom and Ireland and as a second language in other member states.

Estimates that include second-language speakers vary greatly, from 470 million to more than 2 billion. David Crystal calculates that, as of 2003, non-native speakers outnumbered native speakers by a ratio of 3 to 1. When combining native and non-native speakers, English is the most widely spoken language worldwide.

Besides the major varieties of English, such as American English, British English, Canadian English, Australian English, Irish English, New Zealand English and their sub-varieties, countries such as South Africa, India, Nigeria, Philippines, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago also have millions of native speakers of dialect continua ranging from English-based creole languages to Standard English. Other countries such as Ghana and Uganda also use English as their primary official languages.

As of 2012, India claims to have the world's second-largest English-speaking population. The most reliable estimate is around 10% of its population (125 million people), second only to the U.S., and is expected to quadruple in the following decade."

What are RN thinking about??????

• Yeah, wait. That's what I mean. Are you telling me I should have been reading the German Forum, then I would have known about the quota change?

Are you kidding?

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Seriously, what is this?

Huge and important changes are made to the end game, (including to a .com International / English Only server) and it is only announced in German on the local forum?

Sorry, but that is unacceptable.

To all players in our city, not one knew about this change.

Not one.

And it's game over for all of them after a month of x4 speed intensive playing.

Am I crazy to complain about this?

• I understand your feelings.

I'm just trying to help.

I do not know why we are not informed of such important changes.

Maybe Samisu knows.

• Looks like this information has skipped other domains, and we are very sorry for this.

The endgame change can now be found in the HTML5 changelog and also here: Fast Forward – Round 2

I know this doesn't help players of the FF round 1 since there's only one server left with endgame starting soon, but let's make sure players know of the endgame changes for FF round 2.

• Everyone interested in playing this again, we have a huge problem.

I do not think it will be much fun.

RN have said they will not reconsider having an English only server.

The international server will be packed to bursting imo.

Over 2 billion of the world's population are Native English speakers.

The world population is less then 8 Billion.

Ergo more than one quarter of potential players of this game have English as a first language and the vast majority are not fluant in other server languages.

Yet this 25% are going to have to share their server with the other 75% of the world population.

Sorry, but, this is a joke, surely.

So, I do not think I am prepared to play x4 again, much as I like the pace.

What are your thoughts?

• HMR, sorry, my astonishment was not directed to you, thank you for helping. You did help to explain what happened, I appreciate it.

And thank you Samisu for getting the info to the right place, although indeed, an entire round has been wasted for our players.

Round 2, meh. Never mind. We'll find an English x2 somewhere, it's fine.

And just a comment about the rule change. Many players have been discussing this over the years. And RN is trying to make it better, more fair competition, and trying to avoid situations where everybody joins up in the same city and easily wins. I get it. But this new rule change does not avoid that, and RN fails to see the whole problem with determining difficulty (quota and cosumption) based on active player connections. This does not work and we have said this thousands of times already!!!

What happens is, all players connect and then go back to their own cities, leaving the newly connected city and not hauling there, merely connecting for competitions and daily prestige drops (1 train load) but not actually helping to level or to close any goods during the end game.

You can not penalize a city giving them an extra high quota or higher consumption just because another player from a different city connects to it.

If you want to account for active connections, you have to set minimum delivery amounts, not just count them as an active participant. You are screwing over the wrong cities this way !!!

• These changes do not affect the end result. (this can be seen from the result of the finished servers)

They just make the finish longer.

So more cities can participate.

Otherwise, the finale ends before the last cities start. This is the case when the finish lasts 8-9 hours.

• Good evening,

If the Fast forward 4x speed scenario will back with round two,
    then it is possible to transfer remained gold and Account Plus
    on the same server, we play this scenario? In my case on
    M-41 Superspeed server?

Have a nice evening!

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :)

• Hi :)

Gold and Plus account will be transferred automatically to these restarting servers (including M-41) so the gold will wait for you once the game starts again:

Servers not listed in the image above: Gold can be collected within the same domain like usual (COM-6, FR-4).

We may restart one more international server based on demand (Tempo Turbo).

• I had stated that I would not say anything again in this post, but after what happened with the transmission of information about the changes to EG, I can't help writing here again.

If there was any doubt about what I said, they have completely dissipated; in addition to passing on information to only a few players who read (and understood) the german forum, the choices made are clearly visible. Now it is no longer possible to say the opposite, whatever you say ...

The changes you made have decisively influenced the classification of this server!

It is a pity that many who have been here for a month doing what they like, leave completely frustrated and deceived, and still take with the decision not to restart a server in English only ... it is really not having respect for the vast majority of players who support the game.

As I said before, players who play and test for hours and hours are the real soul of this game. It is a pity that players are never considered by RN.

Regards,

SixPT

• How come you can consider opening another international server upon demand,

but there is still no English only server ?

Wouldn't it make sense to restart the English only server ?

it's simple why not, only two languages are important. German and Russian. People from both these countries are poorly trained in english. At an English server only they can't communicate in their native language. English users are forced to deal with it and trying to understand what all is spread around. Same at this forum, the English part is also taken over more and more by German posts.

I vote for only English servers only, the same as most games are.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• This game now tends to favour German & Russian players hence they have game worlds that cater for there language. If your of English speaking language then suck it up and make do with an international server where you can try and decipher what is being written, good luck finding a association that speaks English only then during EG getting a caller who gives commands in multi language, from previous experience players join these, go so far and then hit too many hurdles and just quit that server. But as long as they have spent money on gold then that's all that matters ! RN have a multitude of players who quit mid round after spending cash trying to catch up in an era then find it is impossible due to language barriers. If one thing is crystal clear here it is that RN have NOT listened to us on this subject on this forum page.

• it's simple why not, only two languages are important. German and Russian. People from both these countries are poorly trained in english. At an English server only they can't communicate in their native language.

First of all: In Europe, Germany is one of the non-english countries with the hightest percentage of english-speakers, only a few percent away from Skandinavia, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Saying Germans are "poorly trained in english" couldn't be more wrong. In Germany, learning English is mandatory in school and you learn all through high school, nowadays even in elementary school or even some kindergardens, resulting in one of the highest percentages of english speakers in Europe. Depending on which statistics you consult, the percentage of German English-speakers is double or triple of many other European countries.

For Russia you are of course right, there it's a bit more uncommon to speak english.

However, it doesn't even matter that what you said about Germans being poorly trained in German is wrong. Even if you were right, this wouldn't change anything. Two things matter:
    a) Can a certain region fill an entire server (or multiple) on their own?
    b) Can a certain region play at all?

Russia and Germany (combined with Switzerland and Austria) both have huge player bases, they can easily fill servers on their own, there is no need to combine them with any other region.

Basically all other regions struggle to fill a new server on their own. And I'm saying "new" intentionally, because event servers come in addition to other servers of that region. That's also for example why regions like Poland also don't have a Fast Forward server for themselves, despite having their own servers in general. Filling a new server is an entirely different challenge than keeping up existing servers.
    In my previous post in this thread, I explained in detail why we are not able to fill a French or English-only server for the second round of Fast Forward. So if you wonder why that it, just go back a few pages.

Now let's talk about b) , "Can a certain region play at all?"
    Those of you who complain about language barriers and not having a server in your own language (i.e. english)...do you realize that these arguments are precisely the reason why the server is international and not english?
    There are plenty of regions with RN players who simply don't speak english at all. Contrary to countries like Germany or Netherlands, it's not teached in school and is not part of modern culture.

Put yourself in their shoes and imagine how they would feel if we said "Instead of an international server, we decided to make this server english only. If you speak anything else but english, you will be punished. Oh, you don't speak english? Well, sucks to be you".
    That is what we are trying to prevent from happening. No one should feel like a second class player, just because he doesn't happen to live in country where english is common.

And despite the server being international, please keep in mind that english speakers will still be priviliged there in comparison to other languages. English is the recommended language and it will be the most common one.

Like I said in my other post: Yes, of course communication problems are annoying. But making the server english only would be more than just annoying, it would essentially mean "You are not allowed to play here because of where you come from".

So please have some empathy with players who don't speak english. I know that it's sometimes hard to imagine how someone nowadays doesn't speak english, but it's perfectly normal in many parts of the world and even for a majority of European countries (who make up almost all of the RN community).

And if your answer now is "Just open an English server AND an international server"....please read my previous post in this thread.
    Link

If one thing is crystal clear here it is that RN have NOT listened to us on this subject on this forum page.

It's not that we are not listening to you. It's that we are not ONLY listening to you, but also those players who don't speak english.

• Salix

I understand your reasons.

I understand both sides.

I suggest you do an experiment.

At the next similar events (not now).

Start an English-only server together with the international server.

Most international players will have no problem playing English-only server.

And see in real life what the players' balance will be.

• First of all: In Europe, Germany is one of the non-english countries with the hightest percentage of english-speakers, only a few percent away from Skandinavia, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Saying Germans are "poorly trained in english" couldn't be more wrong. In Germany, learning English is mandatory in school and you learn all through high school, nowadays even in elementary school or even some kindergardens, resulting in one of the highest percentages of english speakers in Europe. Depending on which statistics you consult, the percentage of German English-speakers is double or triple of many other European countries.

Salix, as a German, wo has lived in about 2 dozens of German cities during his life, I do not want to contradict, but to tell, that I can fully understand foreigners, who get a different idea about English speaking skills of Germans, especially in RN.

The reason is: RN is a game for older people, people who like "railway romance" (Eisenbahnromantik). And among the older Germans there is a big part (about 20%) who never had a chance to learn perfect English at school.

Going on S-Bahn (suburban railway) in Berlin, I often see tourists asking in English. It's amazing how many answer directly with no hesitation at all. But in Berlin you also see them shrugging their shoulders ... more often than in Cologne. (Yes, even 30 years after)

But also: there is most often someone else waving to the tourists to help them.

On the other hand, when I visit Amsterdam or Copenhagen, people there look at me friendly when I try my poor Dutch or Danish skills and answer in English, but with a nice comment about my tries to use their language. In those cities I often think, they ALL speak English ... and with better prunanciation than the Germans. :-)

So ... statistics are numers. If people contact each other, in S-Bahn or in RN, they get a feeling, not a number. And yes, when 20% of the older Germans did not learn English at school, our guests get a feeling that totally contradicts the statistics.

And that feeling is 100% right. Because feelings are bound to the human feeling them, not to the statistics.

OK, back to the idea of an Englisch FF server. Why not? Wouldn't it even help Travian to spread out our game to the west?

So many of the Germans play on international and English servers ... they don't care, some even like it more to be allowed to use ANY language and find new international friends.

Wenn du glaubst du schaffst es, schaffst du es. Wenn du zweifelst, schaffst du es nicht.

Ob der andere nett oder böse schreibt, deine Bewertung wird immer deinem Vorurteil entsprechen.

Technisch: Win 10 Pro, Firefox 79.0 (64 bit), Adobe Flash immer aktuell