dominating associations

• why aren,t you doing something about large associations dominating and threatening small ones, i'm not the only one having their ruined. we've just about had enough of this. the game 's no fun anymore:cursing:

• why aren,t you doing something about large associations dominating and threatening small ones, i'm not the only one having their ruined. we've just about had enough of this. the game 's no fun anymore:cursing:

Hi there. Did you have something in mind what should be done about large associations?

The gameplay mechanics lets you become friends with the bigger associations, you could merge with other smaller associations, you could ask to join the large associations. Other players and associations can be your competition or companions depending on your and their needs and skills with diplomacy. Meaning, a large association is free to push everyone else out of a city and work it at alone if that's their wish. Usually though, what's best for a city is working together with other associations.

• that's not an answer. your're just letting the control freaks take over. we're fed up with threats and being forced to leave the game most of my friends have given up and left disappointed with the lack of action and not fulfilling promises to something about the problem, many others will soon be leaving for the same reason and they will get they're way

shame

• Hey Tired Old Guy

It is hard to find out what you mean, why are the big asso after you ?? Guess you play in a way that ruin there game, or they will never pay attention to you.

What to do ? Like Samisu say - build up your own big asso or join one, and yes of course large asso will dominate like the real word, so just join one or have the fun build up your own based on the way you want to play.

Cheers Rype

• Well said Rype , a big association may not in fact be controlling but seeing what's needed for the cities to grow. If big assos have majority in industries, they have less waiting time and more players can then transport goods faster. If they were to give a small association an industry majority, then that smaller association needs to put all their efforts into those (or that) good in order to transport enough goods.

And that's diplomacy. Associations often share industries, plan ahead, circulate responsibilities.

No one owns the industries, everyone can invest in industries (if this is what's happening Tired Old Guy ?)

For sure there are associations that have no grand strategy in mind, but again, diplomacy helps here.

that's not an answer. your're just letting the control freaks take over. we're fed up with threats and being forced to leave the game most of my friends have given up and left disappointed with the lack of action and not fulfilling promises to something about the problem, many others will soon be leaving for the same reason and they will get they're way

shame

Here you mentioned 'lack of action, not fulfilling promises' and also 'threats'

To help me get a more clear picture, what are the promises made and what is the lack of action? I could really use details since I'm not sure what promises have been made or where? If you've already started a discussion with a Rail Nation team member for example, I'm not part of that discussion. Would love to hear more!

I'd also like to hear more about these 'threats' you mentioned. Did someone tell you not to invest in industry X, or you will be pushed out of the city? Or what sort of threats are you getting? Sometimes it may be best to move to another city if there's no chance for diplomacy or common goals in that city.

• I see often also that smaller associations do the same and trying to get majorties of the bigger city associations without any diplomatic communication or the willingness to cooperate in a city. Mostly the disagreements are triggered from both parties. And than the bigger commited association(s) in a city or region have more strenght to control.

The key word of this game is communication.

Samisu and Rype I agree with you both.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Basically your answers mean let the big associations run the rule then, I have played many rounds and found that some not all make it impossible for small asso, wont accept newcomers as they have been going for years and basically it aint a comp its a monopoly.

• In fact the answer here is COMMUNICATION.

As Samisu , Rype and Naike ♏ said the bigger associations are often committed to the city/region and will do what's needed. Most of them also knows that they can't win alone, and will need the help, they can get from smaller associations. Start communicating with the chairs and deputies of the bigger associations, and you will often find that a smaller association can get majority in an RG, without the bigger taking it back or rivaling you

Well the best thing to respond if some other assos are bugging you, is to creat a really great association yourself. I was tired in a server of the same asso winning several rounds straight. (They where not nasty or something, just too good for the rest of us.)

I took some time, wrote to several players not member of that best asso, and we formed a new one. We had to sacrifice one round, but the next one, we won with a new server record for highest association points.

That said, most big assos are not bullies, they just want you to follow guidelines, tactics, if you do am sure you will have a good time anyway. There can sometimes in a server maybe be maximum one big asso, that act likes bullies. Over almost 2 years, I came across 2 or 3 such assos. They never last long, because people get fed up with them. But if you have such one in your server, the best tipps is to move to a different city/region and just leave them by. If too many encounter them, and have the same feeling, they will quit eventually.

• I can vouch for Tired Old Guy,he was in a three man asso bullied by a 25 asso(#2asso) with two friendly asso's(#1&top 10) and they where out to get him.Even facilities not needed by anyone where under attack constantly.I tried to play the middle man( i was in one of the friendly asso's) but the answer i got was that they wanted him(Tired Old Guy) to leave the game.There was no way for him to do anything.If he moved they followed.

I've in 65 rounds never seen anything like it.

• Haha, sorry for resurrecting this thread but I saw Tired Old Guy post a reply recently, checked his profile and saw this post too.

My team, which consisted of 26 members, ranked 1st and ultimately won the EG, and his, a 3-man corporation that never helped, stumbled upon same city when the round started.

Now, my team and my partners that round, are very experienced and micro-managed that city to its finest, only to find that these 3 players had no respect for majorities or their efficiency and purpose.

They started investing millions in taking the RG sites so they can haul with their ineficient trains, direct and not integrated. Tried to reason with him through private messages, no reply whatsoever.

Eventually they poked the bear and I personally invested close to 100 millions, took all their owned sites and set them with rival status. So did our partners later on that round.

So you can see how this is kind of funny to read. They have zero respect of the other teams, zero intention to learn how to improve, never communicate and never cooperate, but will come to the forum and bash the 'dominating associations' that are actually winning the EGs and are performant :)

Made my day.

• I can vouch for Tired Old Guy,he was in a three man asso bullied by a 25 asso(#2asso) with two friendly asso's(#1&top 10) and they where out to get him.Even facilities not needed by anyone where under attack constantly.I tried to play the middle man( i was in one of the friendly asso's) but the answer i got was that they wanted him(Tired Old Guy) to leave the game.There was no way for him to do anything.If he moved they followed.

I've in 65 rounds never seen anything like it.

Well that is not a completion thing then, that is someone being targeted and something that could and should be reported.

• LMAO! Now this is just too funny! Here I was about to make a comment about people whining instead of competing until I read someone who's name is unreadable stand up for tired old man. Then it turns out that you and your corporation are the ones who targeted the guy. Look, I fully understand what you do. However, you are a hypocrite for posting your complaints in a different forum about unsportsmanlike playing. Your very post is proof that you are simply attempting to micromanage the entire game. I hate to break this to you but you can't always have things your way. Also, you might want to consider your own actions before going about and crying that people are not playing the way you want them to play.

SMH!

• LMAO! Now this is just too funny! Here I was about to make a comment about people whining instead of competing until I read someone who's name is unreadable stand up for tired old man. Then it turns out that you and your corporation are the ones who targeted the guy. Look, I fully understand what you do. However, you are a hypocrite for posting your complaints in a different forum about unsportsmanlike playing. Your very post is proof that you are simply attempting to micromanage the entire game. I hate to break this to you but you can't always have things your way. Also, you might want to consider your own actions before going about and crying that people are not playing the way you want them to play.

SMH!

It's admirable that you somehow linked those two topics, but sure, I'll indulge. First of all you need to understand that your play style is that of a minority (i.e. free hauling). Now when you add that to the fact that you don't seem to have respect for majorities, or the fact that you start rounds on era 6 and do little to no contribution towards the megacities, probably hauling to all and possibly adding wait time to all industries, you are like one of those 10 players I see every game round. Where a server has about 3000 players? What is 10 players out of 3000? You are an almost an endangered species my friend.Tired Old Guy actually played a full game round, as opposed to you.

Back to the subject, on this particular case we were close to 5 associations. Not every association was a full house but we can round up to 20 members. So we have the interest of 100 players and that of another two associations that joined us for the end game. So you see, a lot of people wanted their city to be managed, and be made efficient, and ultimately have a really good time during the end game. Unfortunately Tired Old Guy, and his only two members, wanted to have THEIR way.

Like I said, tried to reason with him, messaged him a couple of times, people were writing on the city forum, chairs were messaging him directly. No effect. He was putting ALL his daily profit in taking the RG site that he was hauling. I don't know his motivation but the fact that he didn't responded is a clear indication of him not wanting to cooperate. And this game is all about cooperation. Unles you are an individual player, but I think we can all agree that the main prize is for a city to win the end game, the design is build around this feature since the game ends when the city is victorious, not when a player or an association is victorious.

So I beg to differ on your opinion. I'm happy to see that Rail Nation thinks that unsportsmanlike behavior is not good for the game and they intend to sanction it in the game. Slowly, but steady, your type of players will soon be erased.

The post was edited 1 time, last by /Mihai ().

• First of all, if you go back and read my postings you will see that nothing that I do is what RN has called unsportsmanlike like. Secondly, I would argue that crying about unsportsmanlike behavior and then trying to force someone to quit the game is the classic definition of unsportsmanlike behavior. Look, I get it. There are players who want nothing out of this game other than to control a single facility and to haul the most out of that good. I don't understand why they would want to do that but they are free to do that if they chose to do so. You also are free to about dumping 100 mill into a facility just to run them out of town. I don't see anything wrong with that. My problem is that when you take bullying tactics, and while I have no problem with those tactics and have used them myself, to run someone out of the town you are working and go so far as to say you are trying to run them out of the game while at the same time posting that unsportsmanlike behavior should be punished... Well, it seems to me that you are asking for yourself to be punished.

Joining in era six? Go back and read what I posted. I join in era six, shoot for what I believe to be the EG city, make that my home city and then log in once a day to stay active. By the time EG comes my trains are parked and I just sit back and collect the CE points to upgrade my engine. There is nothing unsportsmanlike about that, just some players have figured out a way to game the system in their advantage to win the only thing that really matters in this game, CE points.

You brag about your number 2 position and compare it to my top position of what, 7? Do you not even realize that there is no difference between the ranks of 2-10? There are no bragging points for winning second place when talking to someone who just won tenth place. You both got that same amount of CE points. If you want to brag, go out and pick up five stars.

I have never played a game with you, never knew you existed till you posted your complaint online. Yet I can already tell that you are a micro-manager by your own confession. You are addicted to perceived power as evident by the fact that you openly admit to being a corporate president (like most of us have been). You don't handle adversity well as evident by what you did to tired old man and how you posted your complaints about perceived unsportsmanlike conduct. You have some levels of paranoia as evident by the fact that you think people are trying to sabotage your EG city when there is no evidence of that. You are petty as demonstrated by dumping 100 mill into a factory for tired old man and looking me up on the Masters server and then attempting to compare our playing skills. So when I see you or someone like you posting whines about other people the old army in me comes out and all I can say to you is that you need to man up and stop whining.

• You seem to be twisting some facts to your reality, allow me please to set them back on track:

1. I've never said RN considers your actions to be unsportsmanlike, I've said I am happy to see that RN thinks unsportsmanlike behaviors are bad for the game. As for me, yes, I think your actions are unsportsmanlike.

2. Regarding Tired Old Guy, when I did what I did there wasn't any other option, and before I dumped those 100 millions I've tried all I could (city forum posts/threads, private messages, offering friendly association status). And to respond about my actions, yes, they are unsportsmanlike. If I had a Game Rule available, I would have used it instead.

3. Everyone is free to do whatever the game allows, but some of the actions should come with consequences.

4. You are contradicting yourself with joining era 6. In another thread you said you are not interested in hauling to EG cities, but to non-EG cities since there's prestige points to be made there. Therefore, and this is what I've blamed you about, you should avoid connecting to EG cities since you add to city consumption and tonnage quota without actually contributing to that city. It's a bad practice.

5. Player rankings matter but not in terms of fame, but in terms of a player finishind 2nd is likely more experienced than a player finishing 7th. To further demonstrate, I can finish within the top 10 without actually playing the game more than 3 hrs per day combined. But to finish within top 3 I will have to play the game for at least 6 hrs per day combined. If you fail to understand this than it just proves my point.

6. I only looked you up on the Masters 3 because I am playing it too.

7. Seeing you've resorted to insults (i.e. calling me a hypocrite, paranoid, being petty, crying and whining) all the more shows what type of player you are.

This is my last conversation with you, wish you all the best.

• 1. Fair enough.

2. While I don't care that you dumped millions into a facility, I am glad you see the irony about your unsportsmanlike conduct while complaining about that elsewhere.

4. I did not contradict myself at all. On servers where I play, when EG comes I haul to the other non-EG cities and collect free prestige points the first day. If it looks like EG will last another 24 hours I will do so again a second day. Only when it is clear that the winning city, usually the one I designated as my home city, is going to win before the day is done, then I will focus on the EG city. As for entering in era six, it is funny you bring up hauling to EG because I just started in era six on Crankshaft about a week ago. This time it was by accident when accessing masters via my phone. But since I was already logged in I decided to play it out and correctly picked what will become the winning EG city. My trains are parked and I have logged on once since EG started. Why? Because prestige points doesn't mean anything when you start a game in era six. It's all about connecting to the winning city.

5. Player ranking does not demonstrate skill, at least not to the degree you are talking about. What is the incentive to push harder to move from say tenth place to ninth place or even second place? There is none. What second place tells me is that you were attempting to win the game but failed. Furthermore, every server is different and some servers are easy to get a top ten finish while others are much more difficult.

7. I was not insulting you only calling you out for your behavior and comments. As for my personality, I am blunt and to the point. You can take me or leave me, I really don't care but when I do say something it is spot on.