Translation Help

• I joined a Russian Express server as I had missed out on servers in English language, plus I don't like steam over Europe or USA scenario. Unfortunately all the associations are in Russian (to be expected lol) when I see writing in chat I cant copy it to translate it, also would be nice to have the city names bracketed in English as I cant read my own city name. Even in world chat everyone is writing in a language foreign to me, I thought world chat had to be in English ? i could be wrong though. I will carry on regardless but any help would be appreciated Thanks

• I joined a Russian Express server as I had missed out on servers in English language, plus I don't like steam over Europe or USA scenario. Unfortunately all the associations are in Russian (to be expected lol) when I see writing in chat I cant copy it to translate it, also would be nice to have the city names bracketed in English as I cant read my own city name. Even in world chat everyone is writing in a language foreign to me, I thought world chat had to be in English ? i could be wrong though. I will carry on regardless but any help would be appreciated Thanks

Hiya Kev!

If you joined a Russian server, then that's all dedicated for those who can speak Russian, or can cope at least with the city names etc. English is allowed on all servers, but only on COM(International) & US servers the language needs to be English (and no other languages allowed in public discussions)

If you go to lobby and select 'International' from the drop-down list for joining a new game world, this will list all the English language servers for you - including Classic servers in regular speed, 2x speed and soon in 4x speed!

I hope you've still got time to switch into one of the International servers. Although you may need to wait for the next 2x speed Classic server to start a bit. On 9th and 11th of March, we have two 4x speed Classics starting: ⏩ Fast forward servers starting 9-12th of March

• That's the problem (English speaking servers are to far apart) from playing previous rounds I KNOW that joining a server even a day late is no good unless you want to pump real cash into the game. I was absent from the game for over a year and still see the same problems exist.

• There are 12 servers with English language only, and 15 if you count the Nordic servers where English is often used. Even more if you count the special servers like Masters 3, Fast Forward and Origin Journey ...And then we have an all-new scenario arriving called Orient Express this year!

Servers start, run and finish all year round. The trick is to have just the right amount of servers per domain, to keep the game worlds filled with players. If we doubled the amount of English language servers, that could in theory cut the number of players on those servers by half. And, it also costs more to run more servers.

Luckily, people can pick any server from any domain they wish if there's a need to start a fresh round right away. That's the only solution there is, even if the language may become an issue. Or, wait for the next English language round to start...

• How to highlight my corporation's flag on the grain fam??

Hi hi,

You must be talking about the crest, and that will show on top of the industry (like grain farm) the moment your corporation holds the majority. When your corporation has made the biggest investments, and owns a majority - the crest will appear.

• Kev, I had to learn Russian by being dumped behind what was then the Iron curtain. It will come, in time.

Ask the Russians to help you, say you are learning Russian as fast as you can bu it's a "steep hill", I expect you will find they will help you and before you know it, you'll be just about there :-)