The loading process / bar freezes + suggestion

• Sometimes I have problems with the internet (slow internet).

With slow internet - the game does not load.

The loading process / bar freezes (in different phases).

In most cases, I have to reload the game with the F5 several times until it starts.

But this is not a problem of the game. This is a problem on the internet !!!

Why are you writing here about this problem?

Yes, first of all - the problem is on the Internet.

And this is not a problem for developers.

I agree with that.

But I think there is a problem with the game as well. What problem?

Problems:

1) The process of loading the game freezes!!!

With slow internet.

Instead of slowly loading the game, it often stops loading at all.

2) There is no indication in the game and in the loading process that there is a problem with the internet (slow).

With these problems and without these indications ... the user is left with the impression that there is a problem with the game and its servers.

Because the goal of this game is to reach players from all over the world. And not just from Germany.

And the Internet around the world is often problematic.

I suggest making the game more resistant to slow internet.

In addition, the game may show notice of such problems.

To let players know that the problem is not the game, but their Internet connection.

• Because the goal of this game is to reach players from all over the world. And not just from Germany.

Hehe, it's your (and mine) assumption about the goals of the company. We assume, that the company is happy, when customers are able to enjoy their product.

And I can assure you: I am in Germany, and I see the same problems that you see ... loading processes, that simply stop.

Well, it might be slow internet, but there can be other reasons too. But what we see is: the loading stops ... and does not resume ... we have to take action, manually and try a reload. So I agree, the product needs to be more resistant against slow internet or missing responses or whatever the reasons are.

Something I learnt quite early in software engineering: "The fact, that you sent a request to a server or database neither means that it will be answered nor that the answer is correct or usable."

So they forced me to code a check after each request, first, if there is an answer, second if the answer is usable, and third if a time (a few seconds) passed with no answer. And in all these cases they expected that I retry the request. Or tell the reason that can be taken from the returned error code: "the database does not respond" or "your internet connection is broken".

And once those checks were coded I could use that code in almost all programs and projects to keep them robust, reliable and not stopping.

I sometimes have the feeling, that this game is missing some of those checks .... cause as HMR states: We do not see anything that would make us believe, the game is still trying to talk to the server (or database).

Rem Koolhaas: „If less is more, maybe nothing is everything.“

Eleanor Roosevelt: "Great minds discuss ideas --- average minds discuss events --- small minds discuss people."

Technisch: Win 10 Pro, Firefox 74.0 (64 bit), Adobe Flash immer aktuell

• We do not see anything that would make us believe, the game is still trying to talk to the server (or database).

I was watching network activity at freezing.

And I assure you there are no retry attempts.

No activity.

Just wait and wait.