Pre registration

• I would like to see either an end to Pre Regisration:thumbup: or make it a gold generator for RN; pre registration has given rise to marauding associations ripping acress the game worlds suck all the goodnes out of the game,:cursing: FFRN Rail Pirates CV et all are relentless in their quest for PP. and to hell with association majorities. It could still continue in that if you really want to pre reg, you would just cough up say 3500 gold or take your chances, That way some of us who do not have money to burn could get half a chance of getting somewhere, otherwise what is the point of ccontinuing with what is slowly becoming a farce on some severs.

From four or five cities across FFRN make a bee-line to which every city Argent is based which makes it look like a grude match.:(

• I think the same; pre-registration is the evil of this game; from the first minute there are very strong associations that eat everything and immediately become the candidates to win while the little ones or the new players have to bang like crazy to upgrade the association and manage to have only the few industries that are kindly left to them (what which almost never happens). - The programmers have only thought about retaining the old players, but to do so they have speeded up the end of this game, because there are many new ones who get discouraged

• Yes! There really are such problems!

But there are many good things in pre-registration.

This helps the teams to be together.

In addition, weak teams will not be able to compete with strong ones. Even without re-registration. I remember that time.

We need a different solution. Especially in industries.

Now the game is made to kick out new players and teams.

For new players I suggest this:

Rail Nation - The Champions!

This is the front door of the game!

This is the lobby of the game!

A scenario designed to give a successful start to newbies!

Scenario created for meetings and contacts for all players.

With its easy rules, short duration and free access - this is a playground, the training hall of the game!

For interesting and fair competition of teams I offer this:

Rail Nation - We are the champions!

Who is the best team in the world? Is it yours?

Will you prove it in many rounds?

You are all invited to the most exciting team adventure in the universe of Rail Nation!

This is a very special scenario.

The only team-oriented!

With a global rank of teams and regions.

Scenario with exceptional strategic challenges of Enigma!

Scenarios for great leaders! Leaders who organize and lead entire regions to great victories!

Battles that will go down in history ...

This is the battlefield! This is the war! The biggest challenge in RN<3

Everything else is just training ...

• Pre-registration is a solution and something the players wished for, it is not "evil" in any way.

Good players flock together, but it was tedious to start an association each round from an absolute scratch, level up your HQ and invite the same people back round after round, sometimes on multiple servers at the same time. It helps keep friends together and build long-lasting connections in the game. And it's not just for the people inside an association, but associations with long history tend to know each other.

All players have this same option to start gathering their "flock" and continue to the next round with their association.

The real issue I believe is somewhere else. If it feels too hard to compete against an experienced association, too hard to find players to join forces with, too hard to find a place from the starting city if one association dominates everything - then we should probably concentrate on these. Pre-registrations though are here to help remove a tedious part of HQ building when you already know who you will be playing together with.

I also like the challenge of building my own association that would last round after round. How to help players create long-lasting associations and find mates, that's an excellent question and a better focus in my opinion.

• I believe you have not grasped the real problem: it is the difference in treatment, because those boring things you write about, the others that are not part of the associations already pre-registered, must face them all in full. --- These have deliberately chosen to help the strongest, who take advantage of the case to take everything (how does a new one or a small ace rival the big one on the majorities of the industries? It cannot and will always remain small)

In practice, the strongest and most experienced players are helped a lot at the expense of new and unorganized players. - It is as if in the real world I had a billion to finance the trade and I gave it all to Amazon, leaving all the traders to die; as if in a 200m race they gave 50m of advantage to those with the best times, a real madness.

The real skill is seen when everyone starts from the same starting point

• I believe you have not grasped the real problem: it is the difference in treatment, because those boring things you write about, the others that are not part of the associations already pre-registered, must face them all in full. --- These have deliberately chosen to help the strongest, who take advantage of the case to take everything (how does a new one or a small ace rival the big one on the majorities of the industries? It cannot and will always remain small)

In practice, the strongest and most experienced players are helped a lot at the expense of new and unorganized players. - It is as if in the real world I had a billion to finance the trade and I gave it all to Amazon, leaving all the traders to die; a real madness

I'm sorry if that was the message I was sending you.

To me it sounds very much like you are asking the same questions; how could a newcomer grow and achieve things in this game and not be demotivated by strong associations with a long history. We just see Pre-registration differently.

Better focus on things like:

• How to make the game feel more fair to newcomers when surrounded by experienced associations?
    • How to help newcomers succeed, should they have different opportunities? Additional tasks or quests for example to advance the first levels faster?
    • Should the associations be rebuilt in some way, like opening all member slots from the start?
    • What game features would help newcomers join forces with other players? A temporary practice association where majority investments do not affect, only for those new to the game?
    • ...and what is fair in general? We are all newcomers at some point, and players who worked hard for their association have earned an easy way to join their friends in future rounds. Some find an association where there's room for newbies, some build a team from scratch. We all have that choice.

I know where you are coming from, and you do make a point. Instead of removing much appreciated features though, let's think what could be added next to those features or how to fine-tune something already existing in the game so new players would not feel overwhelmed by the experienced ones. Although I have no idea how many players actually feel overwhelmed - could depend on how friendly the players are in the starting city and how ready someone is to help with the basics.

• Should the associations be rebuilt in some way, like opening all member slots from the start?

I'm afraid this will create another big problem.

Many teams will move to new ones for better hiring conditions. (Workers)

• the headquarter donations should be reduced in price, it is very expensive to build your asso from scratch.

The pre-registration is ok, this was a wish of the majority of the players.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• the headquarter donations should be reduced in price, it is very expensive to build your asso from scratch.

If I remember correctly, the donations are already reduced a little while ago

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: COM202 Loch Ness :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: M19 Allstars Final :engine1:

It's not expensive. It's quite real. But you have to think about how and what to drive and what to spend money on at the start of the game. Or are you incapable of even that little brainstorming effort?)

most players want to be free of even the slightest effort. But these players do not understand the long-term consequences of these simplifications.

I know where you are coming from, and you do make a point. Instead of removing much appreciated features though, let's think what could be added next to those features or how to fine-tune something already existing in the game so new players would not feel overwhelmed by the experienced ones. Although I have no idea how many players actually feel overwhelmed - could depend on how friendly the players are in the starting city and how ready someone is to help with the basics.

there is a reason ... a certain decision and there are consequences of that decision.

If the consequences are negative, you can multiply the error by trying to think of something that will mitigate the consequences.

or we could take away the reason.

If you remove the reason, there will be a lot of disgruntled. And it's scary because the game is dying out and the developers don't want to lose even a part of the players. And you know it very well.

So continue to (edited by cm) the game with thoughtless novelties, indulging players who do not understand why their wishes have been fulfilled, but the game has become duller).

Translated with DeepL Translate (free version)

• this isn't a very nice anwser be carefull how you phrase things. I'm capable enough, in the past we had to start all over to build an association with every start of the server. It's my opinion the donations for the HQ are too expensive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

In practice, the strongest and most experienced players are helped a lot at the expense of new and unorganized players. - It is as if in the real world I had a billion to finance the trade and I gave it all to Amazon, leaving all the traders to die; as if in a 200m race they gave 50m of advantage to those with the best times, a real madness.

The real skill is seen when everyone starts from the same starting point

So take a game round. Find a good corp. Get in the corp. Pre-register with them for the next round.

Problem solved.

• In my opinion, Pre-registration is vital to forming strong stable relationships.

Unfortunately, it can easily be abused by a certain subset of PP hunters who simply ride roughshod over every other player. This needs to be dealt with by making prestige gathering impossibly difficult for teams who do not assist with the stated main function of the game. Go read RN's own advertising to attract new players it exhorts city building, economics and co-operation through building and managing a railway company and loyalty to your city. Not a word about prestige marauding. I wonder why?

It is entirely possible for a tiny association to become a strong contender. And pre-registration is a great help, not a hindrance. Someone mentioned Argent. It existed years ago. I started it. Then I dropped it for over four years. It took effort and determination, but, I revived it less than a year ago. I do not know if it is still a contender as I am putting my efforts into an entirely new association on a different server. From nothing we are now a good association (pre-registration of 23 on our third round). It would have been far too tough without pre-registration. Growing a city building association takes effort and determination with or without pre-registration. It is the only real power we have to combat the "rogue" PP hunting associations.

There is though a very big problem with new players caused by pre-registration. it needs attention and could be easily solved. Use the power of computers to place new players into good associations instead of dumping them in empty cities sparsely populated only with other new players. The last two rounds we have not been able to get a newbie for our Newbie slot. None placed in our area - the city is "full". I would be very happy to take more than one. Work out a way to match newbies to associations who will give them a good home and have selected to do so. This could be used to solve the problem of experienced players creating a false newbie and getting them into their own association with all the benefits having an extra place for an experienced player brings. Simply use the AI to match them and do not permit the association to choose them. And stop just abandoning them in empty cities where they mostly lose heart and leave.

So - Find a way to place newbies where they can get proper help with learning and can feel included from the start. And at the same time close one cheats loophole.