Take Care: What do you do to stay occupied at home?

• Dear players,

Are you slowly getting bored as a result of being forced to sit at home in these difficult and uncertain times? We are all working from home now, and sometimes need a little distraction ourselves.

Do you have any good suggestions on how we could all spend our time?
    What do you do to get through your days? Let us know.

Take care!
    Your Rail Nation team
  • Good question, Loekie.

As I am on retiring age already, I had 2 years go get used to times with no real good idea to get active. And to use my brain to get out of boredom.

What am I doing now, at times sailory set the yellow Q flag and stay on board ... besides my main job to play RN (and Siedler/settlers) and annoy the forum team with endless posts, spam and "Knowing everything better"?

First of all: I help charities, especially on management questions and IT. This week (and next one) for example I create the new website of a charity that collects writers, authors and novelists, young and old ones, but set the priority to save good literature of the times before German reunion from both sides, east and west.

And being engaged in projects like that, I learn a lot about writing and history. One example: there were a lot of real good magazines published in East Germany ... however, the only nearly complete colleection / archive of them is in ... Los Angeles.

That's just one of the charities that keeps me busy in my home now. There are more ... and well, I can keep contact with all my friends in these charities and companies via the internet and telephone. So good, that I got a flat rate.

And there is more to be done: post processing my photos of decades of sports and event photograhy, writing coaching texts ... things that I always did on my home computer, but using it for external groups like charities now, in these days, takes more of my time, because that connects me to people.

Another little thing: I take more time now to prepare my meals. Think more about seasoning, about good composition and about excact cooking/baking times.

So well, there's a lot to do ... but of course I miss haveing people around me, hugging them, being hugged, being close, talking directly to them, face to face ... but that will return ... if we take care of ourselves and of others ... and come out of these times healthy and happy again.

On the other hand I feel with those, whose jobs become harder and harder, doctors and their helpers, those who care for the old snd sick ones, people that deliver goods to us and the shops that we still need ... while many of us are forced to stay at home, others have even less time for themselves while they have a bigger chance to catch that virus and join the statistics.

Henry Ford: "Ob du glaubst du schaffst es, oder ob du glaubst, die Limitierungen verhindern das ... du hast auf jeden Fall Recht."

Ob der andere nett oder böse schreibt, deine Bewertung wird immer deinem Vorurteil entsprechen.

Technisch: Win 10 Pro, Firefox 76.0.1 (64 bit), Adobe Flash immer aktuell

The post was edited 1 time, last by Klabbauter ().

• heya,

I can continue working from home and I also have to teach my children. Evening I try to watch some netflix series.

However, I have to admit I am starting to get bored. I want to be able to go out in the weekends etc., especially with the nice weather we have at the moment.

Luckily I have a garden so I can take a small break for a cup of coffee in the sun.

Hang in there guys!

Loekie

• I had a week-long vacation just now, and in theory it sounds like a great success...

Games, wine, movies, music and all the four walls :saint:

Only thing missing was the lack of choices, couldn't much see family and friends or spend time with people to recharge the batteries. Work will of course help with possible boredom and things are pretty much the same on that front ...working from home and drinking coffee.

Then I've got my books - that's a way to kill two boring birds with one stone. Whenever there's a creative block or if I need answers to something vague, I'll grab a book to learn something new. Might not be an exact thing I'm looking for, but learning new stuff will always spark creativity and can get you get busy with new ideas. That's a good pill for boredom, grab a book with an interesting subject.

• Hello everyone,

I feel very well at home!

1:In the first place I ascendant in Cancer and Cancer likes to stay home.

2:For nearly four years I working from home for an IT company which is headquartered in the town near which I live in the country. I test softwares.

3:In my free time I reading, I drawing, I doing projects, I doing technical drawings for those interested. All home course. I love to cook, I love to meditate spiritually.

4:And because I really like working on the computer a few days ago I started to sell online a 100 percent natural product that helps maintain health and strengthen the immune system of people. Something very topical. (link removed: Game rules)

Although I living alone for more than 17 years, since my wife left me, I'm not bored at all home. Always I find something to do.

I wish you wonderful days!

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :)

• Hi All,

I'm at home at the moment because the company I work is closed at the moment. I'm not bored at home, my cats are happy to have somebody around the whole day.

I play some railnation and some other games. Read some and work at my diamond painting.

I only leave the house to take care and excercise my horse and join together the nice spring weather.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• I envy you guys who can work at home :) I work as shift manager at Burger King with drive-thru.. Here in Finland schools, libraries, bars and restaurants is forced to be closed but we can still keep open because folks can come with their cars to get their food. And we have never been this busy and high in sales xD And we have only managers working because our workers have been laid off for three months so that means that I basically live at work now xD

• I envy you guys who can work at home :) I work as shift manager at Burger King with drive-thru.. Here in Finland schools, libraries, bars and restaurants is forced to be closed but we can still keep open because folks can come with their cars to get their food. And we have never been this busy and high in sales xD And we have only managers working because our workers have been laid off for three months so that means that I basically live at work now xD

You are my hero!

Although, I like to use the "walk-through window" of the Hesburger close by to pick up my orders. Still, nice to have people prepare warm and easy to grab stress-food! ...not that that's all I eat :D

Working from home is not always optimal - you have all the other family members there and separating your work time from the family time can be a real challenge. I'm sure there's plenty of creative (and stressful) solutions people are trying out.

In any case, always good to keep yourself busy with less time for worrying <3

• Rail Nation & C-19