🙋 Beginner questions

• In my ingame profile, below "Titles", there is the section "Offices"(Kantoren"in Dutch). What is this, and how do I get an "Office"?

Offices are only at Steam over Europe servers.

City offices: Mayor and city councilers

Mayor is elected, all connected players to a city may vote, city councilers are appointed by the Mayor.

Regional offices: President and cabinet members

President is elected, all players from a region may vote, cabinet members are appointed by the President.

:Train: NL01 Stoomketel

:Train:  NL201 Euromast

:Train: COM202 Loch Ness *

:Train: ES201 El Escorial *

:Train: M1.201 Scandinavia *

* played my last round at this server, due to

:thumbdown: RN'S LACK OF DECENT BUG FIXING :thumbdown:

Edited once, last by «DSnepke™» ().

• OK, thanks.

So it's simply a case of the clueless crap translation in Dutch? Or is "kantoor" an adequate translation of holding "office"?

Please RN, fix the crap translations. It got me banned at least once, I do not want to happen it again.

• While they are fixing horrible translations, maybe they can also fix the wrong terminology chosen for "Landmark" (in the game this is called "Grenspaal" which literally means border pole or border / survey marker).

The correct translation should be "Monument". Do they have anyone at all who is a native speaker look at translations or do they just use google translate or something silly???

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• While they are fixing horrible translations, maybe they can also fix the wrong terminology chosen for "Landmark" (in the game this is called "Grenspaal" which literally means border pole or border / survey marker).

The correct translation should be "Monument". Do they have anyone at all who is a native speaker look at translations or do they just use google translate or something silly???

Google translate:

Although it says "Grenspaal" is a correct translation, with context (Rail Nation) it's so horribly wrong!

Also although Dutcher 's translation "Monument" isn't one of googles, I totally I agree with him that "Monument" is the best translation for Landmark.

:Train: NL01 Stoomketel

:Train:  NL201 Euromast

:Train: COM202 Loch Ness *

:Train: ES201 El Escorial *

:Train: M1.201 Scandinavia *

* played my last round at this server, due to

:thumbdown: RN'S LACK OF DECENT BUG FIXING :thumbdown:

• At what point did Google become the authority on what something is called in Dutch? ;-)

Case in point: the in-game Amsterdam "National Monument"-landmark is definitely NOT a "Grenspaal".

Alright, fellow Dutch(wo)men, let's have a laugh at the Dutch announcement of the Origin Server that is about to start:

"Op de klassieke kaart word je getrakteerd op prachtige uitzichten op 50 grenspalen en 50 steden in Duitsland, Oostenrijk en Zwitserland."

The bolding isn't even mine ;-)