• Number of active players connected to the city
    required tons (old) - Landmark level 3
    required tons (new) - Landmark level 3
    31,623 19,953
    25 50,000 37,893
    50 70,711 61,557
    100 100,000 100,000
    200 141,421 162,450

Some examples how it works. Definitely better for cities/landmarks/regions with less players than before.

So it is the same I mentioned two posts over you.

But we are talking about a LM on Level 3 in this example. Even the largest and biggest regions will have a average number of connections about 30 people, so they have to carry also significantly less tons. Why not taking a basis instead of 100 like 70 to smooth the time where LMs have less connections in den first levels and after it about the same time they have more. Or taking a basis of LM Level * 10, thus level three 30 and eleven 110. You cannot balance LM like Engame cities and assume that there is the same ammount of connections. The largest cities start with about 30 connections and it lasts about 20-25 day to double it. In 25 days u already reached level 9 oder 10 in LM and you'll still be far away from 100 connections. This is a bad and not adequate number that is never giving the same balance between less or more crowded servers and cities like it is for endgamecities. I really love the adjustment of the exponent to 0,7 it was needed much, but you can't lower the hole amount of tons for everyone.

• A basis of 100 means that the overall difficulty won't change much for big servers (at the beginning less, later more than 100 players), but for small servers it will get significantly easier. And that's good. I saw some level 4 landmarks at the end of era 5 on the scandinavian server.

A basis of 70 would make it harder for everyone. Whether the real average number of players per city really is 100 doesn't matter.

• Remembering the time when the landmark was actually costing some money, needing some time to level up, and some coordination...

Haven't played SoE for a few months, but all the changes that happened in the 2 years I played that map were, IMO, only ever casualizing the scenario. At first, you needed to think, optimize, it was actually difficult to find money sometimes, you had to make sacrifices, compromises, and so on.

But patch after patch, it became easier and easier. To the point that it became boring, because three people could pay for the landmark by themselves, everybody could level it to 15, etc.

Meanwhile, real issues (closing of regions based on average number of players instead of number of players in the lowest populated region for instance) where never fixed or even thought of.

TLDR : an amazing scenario became as strategic as classic : close to 0.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• A basis of 100 means that the overall difficulty won't change much for big servers (at the beginning less, later more than 100 players).

Thats not right. In my first post I sharded a table whichs shows connections of a city in the largest regions on a german server, where 100 connections was reached in level 12(!) after 33 days. If you can level about 10% quicker you can already have reached level 13 at this point, because you won't get connections quicker. Even if you get some connections over 100 you'll only have to carry about 2-4% more for the last two levels.

but for small servers it will get significantly easier. And that's good. I saw some level 4 landmarks at the end of era 5 on the scandinavian server.

Thats right, but this cities are far away from 100 oder 70 connections and on the other hand the new way only will lead to about 15-20% less tons, perhabs one level more for them. Thats a structural problem, that won't be solved in this way.

A basis of 70 would make it harder for everyone. Whether the real average number of players per city really is 100 doesn't matter.

Of course it matters where the average number is. If you change exponent up without touching the basis you do it easier for everyone, when the average isn't higher as the basis. This number haven't to be the average of course, but have to be also balanced because I is in conflict with the real goal. Make it easier for cities with less connections / players. The goal shouldn't be to make it easier for larger servers or regions. So let's discuss about a good numbers:

The average in large regions in SoE is maybe around 25 days and level 8 oder 9 in LM, where you have about 70 connections. Thus it would be a good point I think around this point to have nearly equal numbers for not making it to easy at all. Thus: For basis 90 and exponent 0,75 we have nearly the same numbers in the lower connections like u prefer in 100 and 0,7, but since 70 connections more tons to carry as it is in old 100 and 0,5 system. So larger regions have a quicker progress the first about 25 days but on the other hand a slower progress after it, thus around as quick as they are now, but cities/regions/servers with less players much quicker as you want.