🎵 Songs that never leave you

• 8) Feeling a bit nostalgic over here...

How about joining in this thread with songs that never leave you?

The kind of songs you return back to, and might never get tired of.

Let's make the greatest playlist ever! Feel free to leave a comment why you picked each song, or post just a link to where we can listen to your pick. One song per reply <3

• Isabelle & Felicien - Soha Mil Pasos

An incredible song and an impressive romantic dance.

It always inspires me.

• the original of John Lennon is legendary but this version of Pentatonix is so good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Katy Perry - Roar (Official)

Another favorite song - because everyone is a champion!

• Well, as Samisu started with mine already ... Scott McKenzie also followed me from youth to today ... I have to think of another one, that has never left me.

And that one is Ralph McTell - Streets of London

which I listened to over and over again and still is on all my hard drives and gets started regularly.

Later I leant, that the title uses the same harmonies and melody structurs as an even older .... song ... Pachelbel's Canon in D minor.

Now, decades later, they both belong together for me, Pachelbel is soooo great to relax and to calm me down, while Ralph additionally reminds me of the many poor, handicapped, homeless people, grows my empathy ... and also tells me, how lucky I am that different to so many I can have fun with things like RN for example.

One song per reply

Edith:

Oh dear, I did not read that rule ... but, those two belong together for me ... rarely listen to only one of them two.

Henry Ford: "Ob du glaubst du schaffst es, oder ob du glaubst, die Limitierungen verhindern das ...

du hast auf jeden Fall Recht."

Ob der andere nett oder böse schreibt, deine Bewertung wird immer deinem Vorurteil entsprechen.

Technisch: Win 10 Pro, Firefox 77.0.1 (64 bit), Adobe Flash immer aktuell

The post was edited 1 time, last by Klabbauter ().

• Damn, just one song, that's difficult. Ok, let's go for "Sugar Man" by Sixto Rodriguez. Why? Because it's not just a incredible song and artist, but also because I just love the story behind it. In short, Sixto Rodriguez was a American musician who was incredibly succesful in South Africa; more succesful than Elvis. However, he disappeared and was rumored to be dead until 30 years later some fans found him while they were filming a documentary about him. He was still alive in Detroit, completely unaware of his incredible success and importance in South Africa. That documentary of finding the supposedly dead Sixto Rodriguez and connecting him with his fans 30 years later ended up to be the documentary "Searching for Sugarman" that won an Oscar in 2012.
    Absolutely incredibe story, awesome documentary, fantastic musician, unique song:

• Let me add one more.

A few weeks ago I searched for another one that has never left me ... Somewhere Over The Rainbow

And on youtube I found Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole

His voice and playing the Ukulele impressed me ... and then I found out, the last minute of the video shows his funeral ... when they gave his ashes to the Hawaiian seas. And I can tell, it's worth to watch and listen to more songs of this great musician.

Henry Ford: "Ob du glaubst du schaffst es, oder ob du glaubst, die Limitierungen verhindern das ...

du hast auf jeden Fall Recht."

Ob der andere nett oder böse schreibt, deine Bewertung wird immer deinem Vorurteil entsprechen.

Technisch: Win 10 Pro, Firefox 77.0.1 (64 bit), Adobe Flash immer aktuell

• Love IZ! They played this at my friend's wedding - the song the newlyweds had selected, Somewhere over the rainbow.

My all-time favorite IZ is:

A true masterpiece - Hawaii '78 <3

And fittingly, my all-time favorite artist found a beautiful way to honor the song and IZ

• This is Ogene, three sisters from the Netherlands, this song is recorded by phone at each owns house.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

The post was edited 1 time, last by naike ().