💬 Let's discuss the Community Hero achievements

• <3

I was just wondering if anyone would find this thread or be interested in the topic. XIII™ you are my hero!

..but I don't think that counts as a Community Hero achievement :D

It has started already, in some parts at least. I don't know if players have gained these achievements yet though, but I do remember we discussed some players and their achievements within the team.

• Hello Samisu,

In my opinion the players who struggling on PTR servers with trial versions of HTML5 deserve to be rewarded for their patience with Platinum version of the new Community Hero achievements.

Have a nice spring day!

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :):saint:<3

• I don't really agree, I tried to play PTR servers but with mostly the use of the German language I quit there. Too much people are left out to test. The PTR seervers should be english.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• I don't really agree, I tried to play PTR servers but with mostly the use of the German language I quit there. Too much people are left out to test. The PTR seervers should be english.

This post is about the new Community Hero achievement, and who to be awarded Gold and Platinum versions. My proposal has nothing to do with the language of the play on the PTR servers. So your opinion, naike is irrelevant.

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :):saint:

• I think this is a great idea and well worth taking up the challenge for it!

I believe I would do this myself as I enjoy helping and assisting others in Rail Nation, I know it's a wonderful game to keep the brain active especially at this time during the 'COVID19 Pandemic'

Samisu, I was trying to find the achievements of each level, but found only 1 in the example, is this still in the development testing phase?

• Let me say it this way: For me, people like Hear Me Roar is a Community Hero, because he gives so much more to the community (do you know his collections of photos, graphics and pictures?) than he takes. Giving to the community should be the main if not only reason to gain points for the CH achievement.

Anything else, like gaining points in the game ... well that's might be game heroes, but there is not much community thinking in gaining points for the carreer engine.

So my suggestion is: Think of points for heroes GIVING, not for heroes collecting ranks, wins and points.

Drei Gruppen sagen immer die Wahrheit:

1. Kinder 2. Betrunkene 3. Jeder, der verdammt noch mal stinksauer ist.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Klabbauter ().

• Hear me Roar is for me the only one who is a community hero. All others, including myself, we only come here at the forum to complain.

And this forum is the community.

For travian/BF the community heros will be the big spenders with flexible mastercards.

If it has to with contributes for the community, forum, again lot's of players are again excluded.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Hear me Roar is for me the only one who is a community hero. All others, including myself, we only come here at the forum to complain.

And this forum is the community.

For travian/BF the community heros will be the big spenders with flexible mastercards.

If it has to with contributes for the community, forum, again lot's of players are again excluded.

I'm not really sure how to take this comment...

I think I can sense a small inner battle going on, that instead of coming to forum to complain, there are better ways to use the forum, some that could even lead to rewards. Then why come just to complain, if it's more fun and preferred to see positive behavior here on forum.

...meaning, coming here to complain or criticize is a deliberate decision, knowing it does not help the rest of the community to enjoy their time here.

I completely agree on Hear Me Roar - I think he was a forum in his past life <3

• what I meant with my post, who else makes a contribution for the community? Start reading the German forum and you will understand what I mean.

• what I meant with my post, who else makes a contribution for the community? Start reading the German forum and you will understand what I mean.

Hmm... so you agree it would be nice to have a more positive experience on forum each time you visit here?

There are so many different ways to contribute. Even the very same topic or comment can be filled with negativity, or with a solution oriented approach. Forum will of course be a sponge for all sorts of emotions and attitudes, but what I've learned is - it is very often a choice or a pattern someone has picked - that instead of thinking of a change or solution, they focus on what is wrong so they can complain and build on top of negativity. I've seen this in all communities. Negativity feeds negativity, positivity feeds positivity - as the old saying goes.

I don't spend any time on the German forum, but I have heard the discussions over there tend to have a different tone at times, players are enthusiastic to push for improvements 8)

• So, this hero achievement is basically just a way to reward players who never complain in the forums and to give RN a much needed pat on the shoulders for all their good hard work?

I have found, (looking at myself) that player enthusiasm quickly decines after their first positive ideas, suggestions and feedback is ignored, when indicated problems are always the players' fault and when thousands of players all have the same suggestion or views on improvements RN still does the exact opposite.

You can't solve any problems if you never listen to your customers.

And giving them a pixel reward will not change their dissatisfaction or attitude.

I will hereby forgo any chance of getting this achievement, I realize this.

Instead, I will give RN a reward with a positive comment and a sticky smiley face for every player idea, suggestion or improvement which RN actually listens to and implements within a 12 month period.

Good luck, I hope you will do well and earn lots of smiley faces RN!

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• We have not released any information on these achievements. Even I don't know the criteria.

From what the name suggests, the criteria is something the player community would use. If someone created a good game guide for example or a tool to help other players, that might be something we can all agree is worthy of recognition.

I created this thread so we could guess what these achievements are or what actions would make you reward someone. And we already got our first nomination.